Reply L-O-V-E [[Lovers, Mush and All their Problems Belong in Here]]
Anniversary help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:16 pm
So my 2 year anniversary is coming up and I have no idea what to get my boyfriend. For our 1 year anniversary I made him a jar with everything I love about him written on pieces of paper, which he loved because I never really told him how I felt about him (I'm a very shy person and I don't share my feelings with people). Also for valentines day I made him an origami rose. I had a really awesome gift idea that I know he would love, but I can't make it because I don't have access to a kiln. So anyways, I need some good ideas for a present, and possibly something to do, for our anniversary.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:24 pm
No ceramic workshop places around? Why not try some easier clay that you could bake in a regular oven?

... I suck at all this romance stuff. Seriously. xD  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:41 pm
Jin the Shadow Wolf
No ceramic workshop places around? Why not try some easier clay that you could bake in a regular oven?

I don't think there are very many around here, and the ones that are here either just do the premade ceramics that people just paint or it is really expensive. there are places that I have seen that do classes for a few hundred dollars and I can't afford that. I took a ceramics class at a community college, and I have clay that I can use to make it, but they only allow people to use the kiln if you are enrolled in the class and Im not anymore.

I will keep looking for some places though, who knows, I might actually find one that will let me just make one thing.

I kind of suck at this romantic stuff too, that is why I am asking for help.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 pm
FluffyKittyofDOOM_19
Jin the Shadow Wolf

I don't think there are very many around here, and the ones that are here either just do the premade ceramics that people just paint or it is really expensive. there are places that I have seen that do classes for a few hundred dollars and I can't afford that. I took a ceramics class at a community college, and I have clay that I can use to make it, but they only allow people to use the kiln if you are enrolled in the class and Im not anymore.

If there are any general art stores around like Michaels, they'd probably hold some bakeable clay there.
Sucks to be not enrolled in that class now. D:

Good luck finding help. Try looking up some projects and see if you can pick up any ideas from it though. You could try photo collages, origami mobiles, stuff like that.  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 pm
You can always make him some yummy treats,too. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm
Jin the Shadow Wolf
FluffyKittyofDOOM_19
Jin the Shadow Wolf

If there are any general art stores around like Michaels, they'd probably hold some bakeable clay there.
Sucks to be not enrolled in that class now. D:

Good luck finding help. Try looking up some projects and see if you can pick up any ideas from it though. You could try photo collages, origami mobiles, stuff like that.

I don't really like the bakeable clay very much but it is an option. Your other ideas could be good, I will have to think about those some more. Thanks for your help.  

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

FluffyKittyofDOOM_19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:13 pm
Yuki_Windira
You can always make him some yummy treats,too. :3

I have already done that before, and compared to the things he makes for me, I feel like that is a lame gift. But thanks though.  
L-O-V-E [[Lovers, Mush and All their Problems Belong in Here]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games