Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yuri Lovers Escape

Back to Guilds

Here The Female Gender May Rp, Hook Up, Enjoy Chatting With Other Girls And Share Our Common Interests. 

Tags: Yuri, Match Making, Hook Up, Chatting, Yuri Rp's 

Reply Chatting
Yuri anime/manga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark-magician-fangirl

3,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 am
I haven't watched or read a decent Yuri in such a long time! If anyone has any recommendations for me then I'd be more than happy to check them out ^^ I'd be happy for everyone to discuss any and all Yuri series here too regardless of if you're recommending them!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 am
I recommend Maria X Holic; it's kind of pseudo-yuri, but I love it. XD  

Mort Faux
Crew

Romantic Fatcat

WingedLover45

2,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:32 am
If I may ask~? Does it have to be just Yuri? Or do you like Shoujo Ai as well?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am
Mort Faux
I recommend Maria X Holic; it's kind of pseudo-yuri, but I love it. XD

I have watched the first season of Maria X Holic and I loved it! I think there might be a second season, I forgot all about it though so thank you for the reminder whee  

dark-magician-fangirl

3,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TunaFishie

Liberal Genius

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:15 pm
Strawberry Panic!

If you can get through the first three episodes, it really does take off. It's extremely beautiful.

Kannazuki no Miko

Wonderfully gorgeous, well thought out anime. There is some craziness in it, but all together well done.

Nana

Say waht you want...but Nana x Hachi....in my head it happened (I never actually finished this series I got so mad when Nana got back with Ren xp )

Noir

I never finished this, but I saw about half of it, it's kinda creepy awesome. Great music, interesting characters, and a pretty interesting concept.

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Absolutely classic anime, I never finished it (the quality online got so terrible that I just quit :'( ) but it is kinda the yuri anime that started it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:45 am
TunaFishie
Strawberry Panic!

If you can get through the first three episodes, it really does take off. It's extremely beautiful.

Kannazuki no Miko

Wonderfully gorgeous, well thought out anime. There is some craziness in it, but all together well done.

Nana

Say waht you want...but Nana x Hachi....in my head it happened (I never actually finished this series I got so mad when Nana got back with Ren xp )

Noir

I never finished this, but I saw about half of it, it's kinda creepy awesome. Great music, interesting characters, and a pretty interesting concept.

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Absolutely classic anime, I never finished it (the quality online got so terrible that I just quit :'( ) but it is kinda the yuri anime that started it all.
Hmm. I wonder if any of these are on netflix. ninja  

Myzrath

Kyouku_Kaichou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 pm
Most yuri are written by men and for men, and they turn out to be trashy. I really can't stand Kannazuki no miko, And maria-holic as well. If they are what you consider "decent" then......i have nothing to say to you. They seem to me like a guy writing a story about men being forced into lesbians lives, i've read way to many manga that is CLEARLY just that, these are that kind of manga just a bit more subtle.

Strawberry panic is decent, its probably the only real yuri anime out there. Others just use yuri for comedy or fan service, or have been canceled.

There are many good yuri manga, if you want GOOD yuri then you will have to go with manga. My favorite mangaka are Hayashiya Shizuru and Morishima Akiko, both are women. You can read anything from them, they are all good.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm
Kyouku_Kaichou
Most yuri are written by men and for men, and they turn out to be trashy. I really can't stand Kannazuki no miko, And maria-holic as well. If they are what you consider "decent" then......i have nothing to say to you. They seem to me like a guy writing a story about men being forced into lesbians lives, i've read way to many manga that is CLEARLY just that, these are that kind of manga just a bit more subtle.

Strawberry panic is decent, its probably the only real yuri anime out there. Others just use yuri for comedy or fan service, or have been canceled.

There are many good yuri manga, if you want GOOD yuri then you will have to go with manga. My favorite mangaka are Hayashiya Shizuru and Morishima Akiko, both are women. You can read anything from them, they are all good.

I'm pretty sure Kannazuki no Miko was written by women, or at least one of the "duo" that created it was a woman. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure.
And I will agree that there is a lot of yuri that is just pretty much for men. But in any kind of lesbian media, there is always fan service for men. I liked the L word until I realized that (for all it's good) it really was sexualizing lesbians for men, IMHO

I mean, in most media women are sexualized for men, so you put two women there you get twice the sexualization. It's sad really.

And although SP! is one of my favorite animes of all time, you have to admit that there is some really goofy lesbianism for the giggles in it. Nagisa's roomate Tamao is portrayed as pretty ******** creepy despite her heart breaking unrequited love.

I haven't seen Maria Ga-Mitiru, been told it's up there like Revolutionary Girl Utena as far as "Most important lesbian animes ever" but to me, it seemed like a longer less interesting Strawberry Panic. I only saw the first episode though, so maybe I shouldn't judge.  

TunaFishie

Liberal Genius

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kyouku_Kaichou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:39 pm
TunaFishie
Kyouku_Kaichou

I'm pretty sure Kannazuki no Miko was written by women, or at least one of the "duo" that created it was a woman. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure.
And I will agree that there is a lot of yuri that is just pretty much for men. But in any kind of lesbian media, there is always fan service for men. I liked the L word until I realized that (for all it's good) it really was sexualizing lesbians for men, IMHO

I mean, in most media women are sexualized for men, so you put two women there you get twice the sexualization. It's sad really.

And although SP! is one of my favorite animes of all time, you have to admit that there is some really goofy lesbianism for the giggles in it. Nagisa's roomate Tamao is portrayed as pretty ******** creepy despite her heart breaking unrequited love.

I haven't seen Maria Ga-Mitiru, been told it's up there like Revolutionary Girl Utena as far as "Most important lesbian animes ever" but to me, it seemed like a longer less interesting Strawberry Panic. I only saw the first episode though, so maybe I shouldn't judge.

Even if Kannasuki no miko is made by a woman (wich its not, Kaishaku is 2 men), its still a very sexist anime, and moreso one of the sequel manga. that manga rivals champion red as one of the most sexist crap i've ever red. (and yes its by the same artists as the anime).

Maria-sama ga miteru is better than strawberry panic. It's about the relationships between the girls. It's not echi at all, and it is by a woman. The only reason why you would enjoy Strawberry Panic more is if you are looking for strictly yuri stuff. Strawberry Panic is just for yuri giggles and not much more. Wereas Maria-sama has more fully developed characters and intricate relationships. There is one out of the closet lesbian in the show, but shes a much more complex character than simply being lesbian, and shes one of my most favorite characters in anime.

There are some yuri manga written by women that are pretty good, even some written by men that are pretty good. So not all lesbian media is just fan service for men. But you have to look into manga for that, not much anime really.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 pm
Eh, it's too bad that a lot of yuri manga's are usually oneshots or really short... It makes me sad cause the manga just doesn't continue and I go D:  

Alicia_Atroce

Beloved Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Sin of the Night

Tiny Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:54 pm
Haru Natsu Aki Fuyu, its a manga i don't know if you can find it in stores I've just read it online, there's alot of sexual content but there's a story as well smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 am
I would recomend Girlfriends for a manga. It'ssweet and not ecchi or overly sexual. Actually... barely at all. it's completely based on their relationship with each other and their friends.

For an anime... There's Candyboy but, it's barely yuri, even if it's based on two girls. Hard to explain if you haven't watched it lol

Oh and, Mai-Hime, and both the anime and manga versions of My-Otome.  

Kyshay

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kyouku_Kaichou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm
Tyranny Kassle
I would recomend Girlfriends for a manga. It'ssweet and not ecchi or overly sexual. Actually... barely at all. it's completely based on their relationship with each other and their friends.

For an anime... There's Candyboy but, it's barely yuri, even if it's based on two girls. Hard to explain if you haven't watched it lol

Oh and, Mai-Hime, and both the anime and manga versions of My-Otome.

The manga version of Mai-Hime is from Champion Red. Known to female otakus as very misogynistic. I don't know about Mai-Otome but do stay clear of Champion Red. I read one of their manga and I regretted it, it's so...I can't think of a word to explain it, retarded is what I'll go with.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:19 pm
TunaFishie
Strawberry Panic!

Kannazuki no Miko

Nana

Noir

Revolutionary Girl Utena

I GOT MAD ALSO. D:<
I couldn't watch it anymore, I was SO angry. D:  

Tifa_Rokkuhatot_tifa

5,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Chatting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers