What is school to you? ಠoಠノ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 am
So today someone in a mall gave me a survey about our opinions on our school.
I did not hesitate and wrote: (May contain broken English)

Distortion's answer on survey question No. 6
Our school is like a nation. Wars all over, like pre-WW1 and Cold Wars. Students well, are labelled- I mean- even yankee, spoiled brats can be seen "OMG!!! He/She is from ____ High School! Sooooooo cooolllll!!!!!" by others. Just like even though no matter how horrible Korea is, people still like obsessed with Korea.

Speaking of which, I think the school system can be described as "Communism". Why would I use such a terrible word to describe my school? You see, our headmaster always says he'll listen to the whole school's opinion before making a big decision. No actually. Most of the opinions are his opinions, or the school chairman's opinion. No matter how hard and much all students and teachers disagree, we must follow headmaster's words, or we'll be kick out and fired.

Also, I feel like every students, especially the pro-teams on Maths, Sports, Debate etc. etc. are working too hard for the school. I know that every school likes honor, but our school seems like, wanting it so friggin bad. Even a little lost, or just got a first runner-up, they'll be forced to work harder. I feel like our headmaster is so fake, doing a lot of useless stuffs for the school himself, or he'll be ashamed. I mean, if he wants us to win so bad, why won't he support us?

In addition, our school likes to hold stupid, boring events rather than upgrade the computers, chemical apparatus etc. etc. I remember during March, while I was doing an experiment about Sulfuric Acid on paper/carbohydrates, it didn't even work. And, oh my, the acid is expired for 3 YEARS!!!

I don't like my school, it is like, history is repeating.

So uhh...After a TL;DR broken English long stupid rant, what is your opinion on your school?
The original question is "How do you think of your school? What is your school to you?".

I forgot to add a line of conclusion.
My conclusion is, do not judge a school by how people says.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:33 am
Well I've been out of high-school for a while but. . . . .

Back Story: I grew up way out in the country in the middle of nowhere, about an hour's drive from the nearest city and a half-hour's drive from the nearest town. I went to a small town school, the kind of small town where everybody knows every body's business, every family has known each other for generations, and all are welcome. . .

. . . as long as you are a member of their local religion and preferably "pure" White or "pure" Black. And by local religion I mean Southern Baptist with a known history involving the KKK.

I was Hispanic, Catholic, and only "recently" moved in.

My answer: My high school has a stellar reputation for being an A-school but has a dirty inner secret. My high school was very hard for my sister and myself. For the most part, the student themselves weren't too bad, we left people alone and they left us alone. Some were even really nice, friendly, and very open minded. As far as the adults however. . . I've had teachers accuse me of cheating, sending me to ISS* for being "late" to class or "disruptive", mis-grading my papers, neglecting to tell me important information, one teacher made me sit in what he called the "Retard Row" for class disruptors because my pen dried up and I asked for a spare, One tried to take away my library privileges for the semester because I "took too long" finding a book, and one even had the balls to subtract 15 points on a math quiz I did because I didn't solve the problem "his" way even though my answer was right and my method acceptable on the college level, and one "guidance" counselor kept "misplacing" my college dual enrollment forms and didn't "find" them again until the semester started and then tried to tell me there was no record of my having taken the prerequisite. That fiasco was resolved thanks only to my file-keeping and the word of my professor. My sister and I weren't alone either, because our county is one of the leading agricultural areas in the US, once in a while our school got a child from a foreign country who's parents were here to learn. They would last the year but it wouldn't be a happy one for them. If I went into detail about everything my sister and I experienced, it would probably fill a book.

*ISS - In-School Suspension

TL;DR
- Racist schools suck.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 am
-_-; Well, i'm out of highschool now. My opinion on it? School was a rollercoaster, which has changed my life.

My friends and classmates scared she fudge outta me, because you give your best friend a secret and one moment your their friend, the next you say something an apologized for it, and your secrets been spread around your group. There were a lot of students that had spread stuff about me, made me believe in things that weren't real, and even got me sent to the principles office.

The school staff, seemed to sort of carefree and chilled. I remember I use to end up watching my friend play video games most of the year in our computer class, and the teacher didn't even care. One of my teachers even told us most of the year to just play computer games because she was so fed up with our class. sweatdrop

Events in school, were events that were origional and fun, but I would of rather seen the money used to upgrade some of the really cruddy computers, or upgrading our five or six year old bashed up textbooks.

so my school was an experience I can't forget, and i'm glad I am out of school.  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games