Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I`m dressing my dog up for Halloween, yo!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:42 am
I totally am.
I do not usually partake in dressing animals up...at least since I turned 12 anyways. ninja
And I have only ever dressed a dog up once for Halloween and that was as a joke.
We dressed her up as Janet from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Even then that was years ago!

However, this will be Noni`s first Halloween celebrated with people.
We adopted her from a shelter where the previous owners just kept her in a back yard.
So I want to make her first year with us special, to let her know we`ll include her in every part of our lives.
A complete human response I know but it`s happening all the same. 3nodding

I began wondering if anyone else partakes of this weird custom and dresses their animals up for Halloween?
Why or why not?
Any ideas what you are going to dress your animal up as?

I am thinking of making Noni a pumpkin pooch:
costume
Noni
....Poor unsuspecting Noni, she won`t even know!
We`ve tried her in some PetSmart clothes and she handled them very well.
We even got her in a pumpkin suit and she tolerated it well
so it is nice to know we won`t be stressing her out too much!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm
That's super cute. biggrin Once I get a dog I might dress it up for halloween. I don't think my cats would handle it as well. Though last night while making potatoes for dinner, I was joking that I'm going to make Tora into a Potatora. rofl I make such lame jokes.

I really love those hotdog costumes for dachshunds. If I ever got a dachshund, I could see me dressing it up as a hotdog, and I'd be a bottle of ketchup or something like that. It's lame but silly.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 pm
I'm 17. Last year I dressed up as Ash Ketchum and Haley, my lab/retriever mix, was my Houndoom xd She tried to eat someones cat mrgreen

One year, we dressed Licorice, a lab, up as Nala, from Lion King. She didnt like that too much rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 pm
kage no neko

Thank you. 4laugh
While doing some animal costume research they had Halloween costumes for cats that were really simple.
They were furry collars that had cute sayings and things.

I make those lame jokes too, don`t worry!
That was a cute joke though. heart
I just saw a human costume of a large mustard bottle!
That is an adorable costume idea for a dachshund and a human!

Akari_32

I love both of those human to pet costume ideas!
That must have been very cute to see. heart
My dog is weird about cats too, I guess it is because it is the first time in her life she has been seeing them!

d i m i r h e x

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 pm
Well, god help you if you try and get my cats in costume. lol Actually, Malcolm probably wouldn't mind so much, but Felix has bear claws and isn't afraid to use them.

But what I have done is crochet holiday-colored bowties and they took turns wearing them. I have a picture somewhere of Baby in his July 4th bowtie. I don't have one for Halloween, but I think I might.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:00 pm
d i m i r h e x
I love both of those human to pet costume ideas!
That must have been very cute to see. heart
My dog is weird about cats too, I guess it is because it is the first time in her life she has been seeing them!

She's usually ok with cats, buy this cat was pretty nervous, and was staring her down. So, being a dog, she took advantage of that, and barked at it. Gave the poor thing a heart attack! It must have jumped like 5 feet straight up into the air rofl Me, my friends, and the cats owner started crackin' up. Other dogs, squirels, little kids, even, she completely ignored, but after that, all cats were something to screwed with xd

I made my Ash costume. I'll have to find a pic of it...  

Akari_32

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm
My dog gets dressed up every year she LOVES IT! to be fair she also has daily cloths and a Christmas dress and heaven knows what else. I'm sure I have photos of her costumes somewhere, last year I made us matching tutu's. Last year also dressed up the cat and the bunny, neither of them cared for it. The rabbit showed how he felt by chewing it off and then peeing on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:54 am

One year I got my brother's cat a chicken costume from target. Hmm, maybe I should dress the chickens up as cats!

@Akari: That sounds adorable rofl

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 am
Vanilla eXee

One year I got my brother's cat a chicken costume from target. Hmm, maybe I should dress the chickens up as cats!

DO IT *.* Could you immagine the dirty looks Claudie would give you rofl

Found it! Note: This isnt me LOL I'm not a goofy looking dude sweatdrop This is my friends boy friend, I let him borrow my costume lol

User Image

Unfortunately, no puppy pics sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 am
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

DO IT *.* Could you immagine the dirty looks Claudie would give you rofl

Found it! Note: This isnt me LOL I'm not a goofy looking dude sweatdrop This is my friends boy friend, I let him borrow my costume lol

User Image

Unfortunately, no puppy pics sad

LOL when I first saw that before I read everything, I was like "0.0 wtf, that doesn't look like Akari o.o face transplant?" Good costume!

Claudie would be so mad biggrin I could make little barrette ears though and stick them to their head fuzz lol.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am
Vanilla eXee

LOL when I first saw that before I read everything, I was like "0.0 wtf, that doesn't look like Akari o.o face transplant?" Good costume!

Claudie would be so mad biggrin I could make little barrette ears though and stick them to their head fuzz lol.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Little did you know, I am actually part Ditto ninja

You could use some gel, and make her little cat ears out of her fluff xd  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:33 am
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Little did you know, I am actually part Ditto ninja

You could use some gel, and make her little cat ears out of her fluff xd

gonk Creeeepy.

Haha, that would be so silly. I worry about doing anything like that to them though in case the other decides that the change looks tasty and decides to peck someones brain out.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

~ Aki - Fairy ~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 pm
I got a lady-bug costume for Bella last year. We didn't ever really get kids at our house, so we didn't get to really enjoy it, but we shall this year - grandpa's house gets lots.

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 pm
~ Aki - Fairy ~
I got a lady-bug costume for Bella last year. We didn't ever really get kids at our house, so we didn't get to really enjoy it, but we shall this year - grandpa's house gets lots.

User Image

User Image

Oh gosh, thats cute!! whee  

Akari_32

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out