math?
  easy!
  too hard!
View Results

Jarsha

Golden Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:12 pm
I'm so stressed right now!
Last year, in 8th grade I used to get As and Bs in math. Sure I was always in the lowest math class but it really wasn't that hard.

Now in high school, 9th grade algebra 1, IM GETTING STRAIGHT F's!

My math class moves WAY WAY WAY too fast for me, and once I even begin to understand 1/16th of the lesson, they move on!

This is getting so frustrating, i have a huge math test tomorrow and even though i tried to get help i still dont understand it!

The class feels rushed, I just cant keep this up, I have a D+ in it right now scream

I could REALLY use some advice or help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:35 pm
That's sucky. Here (I took Geometry freshman year, but eh) you can take Algebra 1 or Comprehensive Algebra. Comp Alg is Algebra 1 split into two years. It's at a slower pace for those who can't go as fast.. Does your school offer that?

Also, work with friends and talk to the teacher.. Try whatever you can to learn it better.
I know sometimes I'll explain something to my friends differently than the teacher and they'll get it immediately.

Epic Doodle

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm
I suggest tutoring, or getting friends to assist you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:32 pm
Tetra304

1. Calm down. Stress never helps ( I know what you are going through that is how I felt with Algebra 2 last year)
2. Try tutoring at school ( If the teacher sucks , yes, present day my math teacher sucks, so just change teachers, it's YOUR education )
3. study the book ( it helps to follow along with the book for examples )
you also have the internet. There are websites that help
4. I wouldn't mind helping you ^^ ( That is what the girl guild is for ^^ To help our sisters out.)
Plus I love math xD but I made a B average the whole year freshman year just because I didn't really care as much as I do now.

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

Emily_4_ever

Hot Nerd

11,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm
Tetra304
I'm so stressed right now!
Last year, in 8th grade I used to get As and Bs in math. Sure I was always in the lowest math class but it really wasn't that hard.

Now in high school, 9th grade algebra 1, IM GETTING STRAIGHT F's!

My math class moves WAY WAY WAY too fast for me, and once I even begin to understand 1/16th of the lesson, they move on!

This is getting so frustrating, i have a huge math test tomorrow and even though i tried to get help i still dont understand it!

The class feels rushed, I just cant keep this up, I have a D+ in it right now scream

I could REALLY use some advice or help.

This is also my last school year, so I understand how stressed you feel. I would tell you to calm down, but since I can't manage to do this for myself I'm gonna skip this step... And go to the real thing! As I want to study maths at university, that's my favourite subject.. Translation: I would LOVE to help you if u still have questions or simply don't understand some things... biggrin I just hope we are taught the same areas in maths, because I'm greek! smile So ask me whatever you want! Please! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:33 pm
I took that corse last year, in 8th grade, and am taking geometry honors now in 9th grade. I found algebra VERY confusing. I suggest getting out your textbook and attempting to reteach yourself what you did not understand in class. Also make flash cards of vocal and anything else you might want that you can have handy during class to use when you need a reminder of what something means or a rule about doing certain problem. Also use the flash cards to test yourself! Also try staying after for help and getting help from friends, sometimes friends have a different way of viewing the lesson that you may understand more than the way the teacher taught it! Don't forget to do some practice problems in your textbook too and then check your answers to see what you did right and see what you need to do to make them right C:

Doing the above sounds overwhelming, but do all of the things overtime, not all at once. Studying doesn't have to be stressful if you approach it the correct way!  

V2Mew

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm
I know what you mean. I was the same way B+ and A's then in Algebra 1 I had to get a private tutor who could help me. I just didn't understand how to do anything...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 pm
i took that last year and passed it. it got easier once you learned the concept it will get better and will repeat itself over and and over. I am now in Geometry this year and doing alright in it. but I hate to say it but algebra 1 come in geometry. putting x on one side and the numbers on the other. it all comes back. learn it now and it will help you out the rest of the book along with geometry.  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

J e n R e i

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm
Omg!!!! I failed Algebra 1!!! Omg and i took the class on the computer and passed with straight As. Go on Mathway.com! all you have to do is type in the question and the answer will pop up right in front of you!!! it works. does any equation! .  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games