Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
:[ PLOT ]: "Ooo...What Does This Button Do?" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doof

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:18 pm
Cosworth shrugged. "I realize this map is a bit dated, but you'd know better than I." He drew a circle around what he believed to be Laisidhiel with his finger. "I at least have been up and around home, so I know this has to be in the wrong place. Trouble is I don't know where the right place is on this old chart.

He angled the map slightly so it was easier to view from Faroth's perspective. The detailed pictures clearly showed mountains, rivers and even large streams. Cosworth had already guessed most, if not all, of the markings that indicated roads would have been grown over or eroded away- particularly with no faun to use them. After all, beings of flight had little use for long, winding paths of dirt.

Cosworth glanced at the other faun. "I don't suppose you see anything here that you recognize from your own travels, something that we can use to place where Laisidhiel is today. Though how it moved I don't have a clue. It must have been correct once upon a time; I doubt someone would have gone to such great detail on an inaccurate chart."

After letting Faroth look it over for a while, Cosworth decided to give him a hand. "Look for groups of things that you may have seen. Or prominent landmarks that hopefully haven't moved over the years."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 am
After a few more minutes of silent contemplation, Faroth sighed and leaned back. "I don't know. I mean, Laisidhiel is out on its own now, like on an island, separate from a bigger island." That was an understatement. As much traveling as he'd done, he got the feeling that there was still much of the Isle that he hadn't seen yet. "There's a bridge that leads from here to the mainland, but aside from that, I don't recognize anything else on here, in reference to what I've seen."

He rested against the wall again, then muttered, "Alright, enough for now. Maybe I can take this later though and try to make sense of it. I mean, even if some of the things on this map have moved, they might still exist somewhere, right? Just have to figure out where they went. Maybe someone else will know." What sort of crazy mission had he just signed on for? Granted, he liked exploring and meeting new people. It was just the way it felt like a weight had been placed on his shoulders, something important that he needed to do, with no idea exactly how he was supposed to do it.

Glancing around the humble home, the furnace device caught Faroth's attention. "Hey, Cosworth? Let's talk about something else for a while. I mean, you've got some weird stuff out here in the middle of nowhere. What exactly is it that you do out here? What's all this stuff for?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Doof

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Suddenly, Cosworth was on his feet. Perhaps he had gotten up when Faroth had last looked away. "Ah yes, I suppose to the uninitiated all of this," Cosworth spread his arms, indicating the clutter around his abode. "... It would appear somewhat... odd. And I suppose that the uninitiated would be... well, everyone, since nobody ever comes here. I'm still rather surprised you found this place at all. I did offer you something to eat, yes. Oh, even though I don't have anything to eat. But we were discussing my parts. And by parts I mean all the clutter you were talking about." The brown faun's rapid-fire speech transitioned from subject to subject seamlessly, as though his mouth simply couldn't keep up with his thoughts.

Cosworth paced around his workbench, fingers running over some of the cracked pipes and pistons laying there as he spoke. "Well, you see, I have a hobby. Some might call it an obsession, but it's not like I have anything else to do these days." He hefted up a long, scorched piece of wood, eying it with a puzzled look. "I have a fascination with force. When we want to move something, we push or pull it." He glanced at Faroth, checking to see if the other faun was paying attention. He didn't actually expect his guest to listen that well, but continued anyway. "Well we have items- devices that do that for us too." He held up the wood with his left hand, his arm outstretched, and drew back an imaginary bowstring with his right. "Bows for example. Sure, we apply a force to it to make it taut, but until we release it, that force is stored." He put down the wooden shaft and looked at Faroth again. "Basically, I'm trying to find ways to make force without us putting so much in. The wind can push, as can the waves. And Fire-" He pointed at his furnace. "Fire can move the air, and turn water to steam. And, we can control fire." Cosworth grinned, a mildly creepy grin in the low light. "Imagine, we could mill grain, or pump water, if we could harness those forces." The brown faun stood before Faroth, grinning like a maniac, just as a flash of lightning illuminated him.

Then he plopped down next to Faroth, cross-legged. "Yes, well that's something I'm quite interested in anyway."  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff