Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I Told My Friend... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 pm
That I was pansexual. I told her not to tell anyone. She said okay.
So that leaves three of my friends. One of them is terrible at keeping secrets.
And that also leaves my family. sweatdrop
Reason I don't wanna tell anyone is because then I'll have to explain it and when I said I might be asexual (this was a month ago) and after I explained it he didn't look happy.
Oh well. It'll happen eventually right?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm
holywarriorprincess11
Reason I don't wanna tell anyone is because then I'll have to explain it and when I said I might be asexual (this was a month ago) and after I explained it he didn't look happy.

i wish you much luck in a trying time for your life.

one thing though... i've never heard the word pansexual before.. it makes me feel ignorant. what is it?  

Isla Finch

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 pm
Lao Zai
holywarriorprincess11

i wish you much luck in a trying time for your life.

one thing though... i've never heard the word pansexual before.. it makes me feel ignorant. what is it?

Thanks.

Since whenever I try to explain it, I screw it up I'm gonna quote Wikipedia. Here's the first paragraph. "Pansexuality (also referred to as omnisexuality or polysexuality) refers to the potential for sexual attractions, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction, towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes. Self-identified pansexuals may refer to themselves as gender-blind—that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others. The Oxford English Dictionary writes that pansexuality "encompasses all kinds of sexuality; not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity."
Sorry that it's so long. XD I suck when it comes to explaining things.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm
no that explained it very well. thanks for educating this outdated person ^_^;  

Isla Finch

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm
Lao Zai

No problem. ^^ I have to admit I don't like the pride flag all that much. It's a little too Easter-y for my tastes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm
holywarriorprincess11
Lao Zai

No problem. ^^ I have to admit I don't like the pride flag all that much. It's a little too Easter-y for my tastes.

le gasp! i love it too much. at first i didn't i thought it was too cliche. but i just love colours too much to not like it. lol i know im lame. do pansexuals have a pride flag? oooo i wanna look it up and if not you should totlly design one. see if it catches on!  

Isla Finch

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:48 pm
Ah, yes. Of course. Pansexual is a relatively new word, so a lot of people are going to ask you to explain it.
This is how a friend of mine put it when she told me she was pan: It's like being bisexual except it's not limited to just boys and girls. It can include hermaphrodites, transgendered individuals, or angrodyous individuals.
I currently I identify myself as bi, but I think I could be pan, although I haven't met enough gender-confused individuals to really classify myself as that quite yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:18 pm
Lao Zai
holywarriorprincess11
Lao Zai

le gasp! i love it too much. at first i didn't i thought it was too cliche. but i just love colours too much to not like it. lol i know im lame. do pansexuals have a pride flag? oooo i wanna look it up and if not you should totlly design one. see if it catches on!

Not the gay pride flag. I like that one. It's the pansexual pride flag. This is the flag with the symbol on it. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's the colors. Just so Easter-y. I like the colors on it but it's the shade that reminds me of Easter.  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:20 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Ah, yes. Of course. Pansexual is a relatively new word, so a lot of people are going to ask you to explain it.
This is how a friend of mine put it when she told me she was pan: It's like being bisexual except it's not limited to just boys and girls. It can include hermaphrodites, transgendered individuals, or angrodyous individuals.
I currently I identify myself as bi, but I think I could be pan, although I haven't met enough gender-confused individuals to really classify myself as that quite yet.

That makes sense.
I read something on dA called Are You Bi? that reminds me of the way your friend classified it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:21 pm
oooooh so who comes up with the flags anyway? is there a committee?  

Isla Finch

4,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:41 am
Lao Zai
oooooh so who comes up with the flags anyway? is there a committee?

I don't know. It's like someone designs it and it catches on or a group makes it popular.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 am
I hope you do have support and trust in them and recieve the love still for who you are. Pansexual has been around for like 1 or 2 years? but not many people use it. Well on gaia, the only person i remember having it in their name was Pansexual Panda. But um - yeah, if you need something, we gotchur back here.  

LilySempai

Marine-Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 am
Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to tell people what you like in bed. I like my fiance to spank me, but I don't go telling my mom that. Most parents now a days have this nice little thing called denial when their children tell them they are interested in the same gender as well as the opposite. (I use the term gender fluidly) They think "well their straight they just think they are interested in other things." This is until Jenny brings home Sara to meet mom and dad. Then it really hits them.

I say just go about your life the way you always do. If you meet that other person and they just happen to be the same gender or are transgender then you can bring them home to mom and dad. That way they won't go through the denial phase, and try to convince you that you are wrong.

On the other hand if your parents seem like the open type, I say go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm
Marine-Kitty
Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to tell people what you like in bed. I like my fiance to spank me, but I don't go telling my mom that. Most parents now a days have this nice little thing called denial when their children tell them they are interested in the same gender as well as the opposite. (I use the term gender fluidly) They think "well their straight they just think they are interested in other things." This is until Jenny brings home Sara to meet mom and dad. Then it really hits them.

I say just go about your life the way you always do. If you meet that other person and they just happen to be the same gender or are transgender then you can bring them home to mom and dad. That way they won't go through the denial phase, and try to convince you that you are wrong.

On the other hand if your parents seem like the open type, I say go for it.

My parents are sooo not the open type. eek My dad doesn't even talk about his favourite foods. I think I won't tell my family until I bring someone home.  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 pm
Kupo V2
I hope you do have support and trust in them and recieve the love still for who you are. Pansexual has been around for like 1 or 2 years? but not many people use it. Well on gaia, the only person i remember having it in their name was Pansexual Panda. But um - yeah, if you need something, we gotchur back here.

Other than pansexual there is omnisexual and polysexual which have the same meaning so maybe before that it was going by those names. Thanks.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff