Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do you gaians think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kirkegrim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:03 pm
So I recently heard someone in my schools description of Pansexuality:
Quote:
It's when you date guys transguys girls transgirls and ******** class="clear">

Which confused me. Because aren't transguys...GUYS. And aren't transgirls...GIRLS. To me, this is Bisexuality. Both genders: male and female.
But Pansexuality to me would be male female and non conforming.
What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:16 pm
I agree. If someone asks, I say I am pansexual, and that is how I define it personally. Its a little different than bisexual but the same basic idea, I guess.  

WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:49 pm
Yes transguys are guys and transgirls are girls- but for some people the transition in their boyfriend or girlfriend isn't something they can accept and are strictly attracted to cisgendered people.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm
Pansexual is being attracted to people, despite their gender. (Might not be correct, but this is how I understand it). It seems kinda similar to being bisexual, I suppose. *shrug* Not a huge expert in that sense.  

finfageek

kirkegrim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 pm
Esiris
Yes transguys are guys and transgirls are girls- but for some people the transition in their boyfriend or girlfriend isn't something they can accept and are strictly attracted to cisgendered people.

So then I guess they should change the meaning of Bisexual to : "Only attraction to cisgendered males and cisgendered females." -shrug-  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:09 pm
kirkegrim
Esiris

So then I guess they should change the meaning of Bisexual to : "Only attraction to cisgendered males and cisgendered females." -shrug-

Or since cis men are men and cis women are women you could say "cis men and women."  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200