Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Not sure whether to take my cat to the vet or not...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:42 am
Last week Hiro fell on the ground, probably from the kitchen counter. My boyfriend heard a strange noise and he said that it looked like his paw was stuck to something when he fell.

That mornign he walked strange with his left hind-leg. It was like it popped to the outer side during walking. (When he takes a step with that leg) That's the best way to explain it. That's why I drew it.
lol

User Image

I called the vet that morning, and we made an appointment for the next morning. She told me that incase it gets better I could always cancel the appointment. I had this idea that Hiro was in pain, even though he was still running, playing, being hyper, etc, etc.

When I got back home Hiro seemed to be fine. His leg didn't made that strange movement anymore, so I decided to cancel that appointment.

Now it's exactly a week later. The cats have been on the balcony today, playing, and as he walked inside I saw that strange movement again he does with his back leg. I had seen a few times the past week, not that much as usually, but I thought it would go away. He doesn't do it all the time, but then again, we aren't always home.

So, I'm doubting whether to go to the vet or not. It doesn't seem to bother him. But I'm this kind of person that goes to the vet with every small thing, no matter if I have money or not.

So I'm thinking of making an appointment for Friday, because that's when there isn't really anything important at school that I might miss.

But what could it be? I've been touching it, squeezing here and there on his leg softly, stretching it, moving it, carefully, but it doesn't seem to hurt him. He still runs, plays like crazy, climbing, and stuff. Yesterday he had an bad day. He slept a lot, was a bit grumpy, I'm just keeping an eye on him. He started to become more vocal tho, but that happened before he fell off the counter.

Since he doesn't it all the time, should I call the vet? Yes/No?

P.S; I think it happens after he jumps off something.
He was high in the scratching post a moment ago, but he jumped to the floor (2meters) and made that strange move again.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 am
I just made an appointment for today. The assistance on the phone told me it could be his knee, and it was better to have it checked on.  

pompoennetje

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 am

I'd get it checked on just to be sure. It might not be a problem now, but if his leg is misaligned or something it could cause a problem down the road, and you definitely don't want that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 am
Yea, Exactly.

Well, we just got back from the vet. And turns out he needs an operation. (And oh my god are those expensive!)

The muscle in his leg, over his kneecap is stretched. Causing the kneecap to 'pop' out. So we got painkillers, and we're waiting before it's autumnholiday here, in october, so I have a week off from school so I can keep an eye on him after the operation.

He needs 3 to 4 weeks to recover from the operation, And we don't do it, it can cause erosion.  

pompoennetje

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 am
Funklepuss
Yea, Exactly.

Well, we just got back from the vet. And turns out he needs an operation. (And oh my god are those expensive!)

The muscle in his leg, over his kneecap is stretched. Causing the kneecap to 'pop' out. So we got painkillers, and we're waiting before it's autumnholiday here, in october, so I have a week off from school so I can keep an eye on him after the operation.

He needs 3 to 4 weeks to recover from the operation, And we don't do it, it can cause erosion.

Well good luck on the operation! Poor little fella, at least he's got an awesome owner who is willing to spend the money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:55 am
Vanilla eXee
Funklepuss
Yea, Exactly.

Well good luck on the operation! Poor little fella, at least he's got an awesome owner who is willing to spend the money.

I feel so sorry for him. It must be pretty painful.

Well, we don't really have a choice, even though we're a little bit short of money my boyfriend has really nice parents who has let us know they are willing to help us financial. If it was up to me, he'd be on the operation table tomorrow. . _ .  

pompoennetje

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff