Submit

Make domains available to all?
Yes! Change it please!
63%
 63%  [ 14 ]
No. Leave it as it is.
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
I have another idea... (please post in thread)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:10 pm
Having read through the information on Angeni domains, or at least through what I can find. I've noticed that OC and Cosplays cannot have domains. Is there a particular reason for this?

In my opinion, it seems rather silly that they can't have domains. Technically any soquili character that is in the works or has been made is an original character. So I know the easy way around that would be just to not put OC, but this option isn't always available.

Basically to sum it up it would be nice for these things to happen:

*Lift the domain restrictions from OC & Cosplay Soquili
*Have an answer as to why the domains have been left out for those Soquili.

I apologize if I am misinformed and would be happy to learn any new information that I might have over looked.

I would also love to hear any suggestions on the matter and what your opinions are. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I believe this has already been addressed But because I dont have time to hunt down the other thread, Ill just give the jist.

It is an old and outdated rule, but a rule none the less. The reason they were actively working on getting everyone's domains is because they were going to attempt to open domains to OCs/(cosplays?) and possibly second gens that went above and beyond as well.

They wanted, however, to get all of the original Angeni domains down first and clarify what they were before doing this.

I am pretty sure it is still a WIP, but with other more important shop issues arising, the death of Si's mother, other RL things with other staff, it just hasnt been a top priority.

Just be patient, and Im sure the ball will get rolling on this again.

Ktns

Lunatic

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:22 pm
Sorry hadn't seen anything about it before. I'm not saying it needs to be fixed right away. I'm just saying that there's a lot of inconsistency with the domains in general and they should be addressed at some point.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm
We are indeed collecting all the original angeni domains to compile a list for the possibility of allowing OC's domains. Nothing is concrete yet, but it has been discussed, and we are taking steps in that direction.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm

They are being addressed c: Hence the creation of the Angeni Domain thread by Felmino which in turn was taken over by current staff. It has already even fixed a couple of issues as well. One being that two people had the same domain.

Again, its being worked on, just slowly. cat_3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:53 pm
I know I would absolutly ADORE if my Angeni of pollination could be the Angeni of the Hundred Acre Woods x3 <33.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm
ladyfirefox89
I know I would absolutly ADORE if my Angeni of pollination could be the Angeni of the Hundred Acre Woods x3 <33.

For the time period of the shop, I believe that it isn't possible to have that domain x:

And... For the second gen+ that wanted a domain, they would have to reach elder-hood.... At least, that's what I remember reading 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm

By cosplay I believe they are meaning the actual horse, not the domain.

As it stands now, even if you get a cosplay, its still just that. They are *not* the actual character itself. Therefore, I would assume places that are not unique to the Kawani lands would not exist either, nor their 'domains'.

Ktns

Lunatic

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 pm
So, kind of related, I've been meaning to ask if I should post my Angeni, Ignis in the Angeni roll call thread or is that just for the domained Angeni? I'm thinking its the latter but figured I might as well double check ;3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Quoted from the first line on the first post of the thread:

'Simple and to the point - we need help tracking down existing Angeni with domains. '

cat_3nodding

Ktns

Lunatic

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 am
I would love to see Cosplays and OCs having domains. It doesn't make sense IC for why they wouldn't, they're not the actual character after all, they just dress up like them. And in the Soquili world, how does that make them different to any other clothed/patterned Soquili?

Glad the issue is being addressed ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:21 am
Etherial Requiem

Quoted from the first line on the first post of the thread:

'Simple and to the point - we need help tracking down existing Angeni with domains. '

cat_3nodding

Thanks love, like I said, I was pretty sure that was the case but seeing some of the cosplayed Angeni in the list as I was browsing through last night kind of through me for a loop, so I thought I'd ask. I'm guessing its because they're are older ^^

And as for my POV on the subject of this thread, I do think it would be fun to be able to pick out Domains for cosplayed and OC'd angeni. I also remember it being mentioned that the staff were working on it as time permits a while back so hopefully it will become an option in the future ;3  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:30 am
User Image
Mnnng, so tired...
If asked...

I'm not so sure about giving Cosplay's domains (only because otherwise I can see popular domains running out fast.)
But giving OC's domains would be really nice. I have an OC who I use as my base 'god' quest for almost all shops. xD;
It'd be amazing to get him here, but I always dithered because I couldn't get him a domain.

...I'd probably rather be asleep.
I'm so sleepy....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:48 pm
I agree with Tanu on the cosplays.

When I was still on staff, I was told OC = characters from other sources before they were a soq. Example, if you made a SoA into a soq, it'd be an oc. Or, an rp from off gaia, like a Vampire: the Masquerade game...if you made your character into a soq, that'd be an oc.

I can see how lifting the domain thing on the oc would be cool. It is a grey area.

As long as an angeni isn't evil or participates in evil acts outside their nature...I really don't see the point of non-cosplays not having domains.  

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:32 pm
A cosplay angeni has a domain but it is that they are the character. It gets confusing if we have a cosplay of Garfield and his domain is of "Lasagna". Garfield already likes lasagna... so the soquili will act the same, right?  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games