Submit

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 am
((*This is an RP open to anyone. It's listed as Semi-ORP due to the fact that Mo is falling into the role as Faun Adviser and is milling about his new dwelling. His "door" is open when he's not asleep as he makes it a silent point that anyone can approach him and talk to him should they need to.
This is also taking place just before his growth. Just an FYI! His recent cert is displayed because my comp is acting up a bit for photobucket to accept my saved image of his teen stage. And... so his items can be seen. XD*))

User Image

Mo sighed heavily as he carried the last of his belongings into his new hovel of a home. This new place had more space than he was used to, and he admittedly had little to call of his own now that he looked over everything. However, he had taken his time in moving things over to his new home while Chief Rais got settled into his new lifestyle with his new Mate, and the other brothers and sisters that had been chosen at the recent ceremony did much the same.

Mo looked over towards his bed where his new items rested. Adviser The word itself seemed to whisper awkwardly in his thoughts. He was still a very young faun, but his growing locks was proof that this fact was soon to change. However, being so young, he still didn't quite fit into his new gear. He frowned a bit and walked over to his bed. He could wear some of it now at least?

He let his fingers embrace the surface of the shoulder-pieces for a moment before he picked up the necklace. With almost eager fingers, he fiddled with the clasp until the necklace fell gracefully about his furred neck. It settled easily, as if it belonged there. Of course it does! he thought to himself with a soft chuckle. He then proceeded to put on the rest of the jewelry and the loin-cloth was soon tied about his waist.

At last, his eyes fell to the hatchet. He raised his eyebrow a bit then chuckled. With a steady hand, he lifted the hatched and placed it carefully upon a shelf next to his bed. He idly wondered what he would need the hatchet for in his new role, but he figured he'd eventually learn its purpose once Rais began his training.

He let out a contented sigh and walked to his doorway. With his hands behind his back, he looked out to the view in front of him. The Dias was below him - as if he was in a balcony seat to it's stage - and the fond memory of the recent events replayed in his thoughts. It would be a tough role to fill, but he was sure he was ready now. He had some time to let the idea of it settle into his thoughts... now he was determined to prove Rais that he chose well. He puffed up his chest proudly at this thought then smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 am
User Image

Mo was not the only one settling into his new home, or his new role. It had been a few days though, and the new Seer was well rested from her own ordeal, as well as dealing with a new revelation that had come to light, so to speak. She couldn't help but smile when thinking of Takis, and a soft warmth had taken up residence in her heart. He loved her! And she loved him too. She wasn't sure where they would go from here, but wherever it was, it would be together. And that was a comforting thought.

The tip of her staff tapped lightly from time to time against the solid wood floor of Laisidhiel's natural steps. The rough weather was still hanging about, and there was no good reason to go out with the storm rolling in as it was. So, Vanya continued her explorations inside, re-acquainting herself with Laisidhiel after so long and now without the use of her sight. She'd have to make due with her other senses. As it were, the steps to the other levels within the Great Tree were proving to be her latest challenge.

She knew that Takis would have been all too eager to help her, but she realized that she really needed to learn to fend for herself. She knew that he knew it as well deep down. Which was probably the only reason she'd managed to slip away on her own. She'd started slow...and was still going slow at this point. She'd clipped her hoof on the edge of a step once or twice already, but managed to catch herself before she fell. She pushed onwards, still moving with caution. Despite the fact that Laisidhiel formed these steps for the Faun that lived within, she wasn't sure that the Great Tree took blindness into account. This was much easier when one could see.

Yet, she persevered. What else could she do? It wasn't as if she had much choice, other than sitting in her room forever, instead, and never moving. No, not for her, thanks. Yet, it didn't stop the frustration she felt from growing with each stumble or misstep. She was so focused on her efforts, that she had no idea she was nearing the home of Rais' new Advisor, nor that he was standing in its doorway. All she knew was that she clipped her hoof on the edge of a step again and rather than trying to remain upright, she let herself fall, catching herself before she hit the floor and turning to sit upon the offending step as if she'd meant to do that all along. Honestly, she was tired, and frustrated, and it showed in the way she crossed her arms over her chest and huffed at nothing in particular in front of her. She couldn't remain calm and collected all the time. Even she got angry, at least when no one was looking.

Stupid steps.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 pm
Mo's ears twitched to the steady and rhythmical thumping that seemed to grow progressively louder. It brought him out of his idly wandering thoughts and forced him to wonder... 'What is that...?' His golden eyes flashed towards the sound and saw the new Seer slowly making her way up the steps. The thumping coming from her staff which she seemed to use quite closely now.

He then thought back to the last remnants of the ceremony where they each were granted their antlers and titles, as well as their items. He recalled noticing a soft haze over her eyes stating silently to all who noticed that she was blind. He frowned a bit at the memory as he recalled her having quite lovely eyes when he had spoken with her earlier at the Dias.

He turned to start making his way towards her. Perhaps now would be a good opportunity to get to know one of the others he'd be working with now that he was living in Laisidhiel's natural homes and so close to the Chief.

He had almost gotten at a decent enough talking distance and was just about to open his mouth to say some sort of a cheerful greeting when he saw her stumble forward. He quickly trotted the last few steps and swiftly offered her a hand under her arm.

"Are you alright?" he asked, a little alarmed. "Would you like some help?" - though didn't wait for much of an answer before he'd attempt to help lift her gently back into a stand with one arm supporting hers and the other draped across her back to ensure she wouldn't tumble backwards in the effort to stand back up.

He quickly searched through mental notes, trying his best to recall her name from his memory of the ceremony. "It's Vanya, right?" he asked, hoping he had it right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Her attention must have been averted, because she'd had no idea that she wasn't alone. Startled, Vanya tensed and started to turn automatically, though it would do little good. Or so she thought. She saw a quick flash of yellow-green, tinged with forest green at the outer edges...then it was gone again. Again? It'd happened again? But what did it mean?

Then she felt concerned hands upon her form, and in response to the questions did her best to shield her discomfort, while throwing a calm fascade over her earlier exposed frustration. "I...I'm fine, thank you. I'll be alright, really. Just uh...decided to take a sudden rest," she attempted lamely at a joke. Still, she accepted his help in climbing to her hooves nonetheless. But who...?

She thought hard, attempting to match the name to a face in her mind. The hand on her arm still felt small, soft, like the hands of youth. Not like the rough hands of a seasoned adult. And the voice was familiar. She thought back to the Ceremony, to the initial announcement of the Council...

"Yes, you are correct. And it was 'Mo', right?" she grasped the name out of the hazy memory of that fateful day. She smiled, patting his hand, but discretely slipping out of his grasp now that she was upright again. Nothing personal against the boy, of course. She was just still not completely ready for prolonged physical contact with just everyone. Her hand instead went to her staff, previously leaning against the wall, now comfortably back at her side.

"I hope you're making yourself comfortable and at home?" she offered lightly, remembering that she was supposed to be someone to be looked up to now, as a leader and a guide. What an odd feeling. Besides, even if she would be reporting to him in the future as well, for now, he was still a boy and had much to learn before taking his rightful place as Rais' Second. Something in her wanted to make sure that he was faring well on his own in a new place. Afterall, she had been here before and left. From what she could tell, Laisidhiel was a whole new world for the new Advisor-to-be.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm
Mo smiled softly - the remaining kid in him giddy that she remembered his name. "Yes, I'm Mo." he assured her in an attempt to hide the suppressed urge to giggle at the thought.

He let her pull discretely away from him and clutch her staff, sending a small frown to his features, but he quickly assumed that she wished to learn ways around her new... disability? That seemed like a harsh word. But still... he silently understood. He knew it would take some time and effort on her part... perhaps he can later offer some help when she wasn't so keen on doing things completely herself? He hoped she would let him, at least...

His ears flicked to her query and he chuckled faintly. "It... It'll take some getting used to. I'm used to a small hole in a small tree... on the ground. But Laisidhiel is gracious enough to give us all our own personal space, I think." He rubbed the back of his neck softly. "And how are you faring, Miss Vanya?" he asked, cringing slightly in hopes that his query wouldn't offend her because he surely never means to offend anyone.

"My new home is just a few more steps up." he quickly offered. "Would you like a moment to rest and sit down? Or if not, I wouldn't mind giving you some company, if you would like it?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:43 am
Vanya's smile was touched with weariness, but she nodded in response to the teen's inquiries. "Yes, the Great Tree cares for us all, providing us with what we need to live in comfort. I'm faring..." she hesitated before responding, then continued, "...well enough. As to be expected at least." Again, she offered a tired smile, still unable to completely shield the cost of her position and how it weighed upon her. Still, she could be worse.

"Thank you for your concern, but I have to ask," she continued, leaning on her staff. "I know I might look it from the way I get around now, but I'm really not that old. Just 'Vanya' will do, please." It wasn't that funny, but she chuckled softly nonetheless.

She listened to the offer, but hesitated before answering. Those old feelings of self-imposed solitude and wariness of the company of others still lurked in the shadows at the back of her mind. And yet, didn't it go against her new position in life to completely withdraw from others? She had a job to do, even if she were still learning exactly what that entailed, she was pretty sure it didn't involve locking herself away from everyone else in solitude. Hard to be much of a spiritual guide at the least when one did that. And perhaps...it would do her some good to try and re-learn how to socialize.

She hesitated for another reason though. She'd been ready to give in to frustration and rest earlier when she thought she was alone. But knowing that someone else was around to see? Well, shouldn't she put up a strong front? Best to set a good example and all that.

At the same time, honesty was winning out over pride, and with a soft sigh, she nodded. "I could use a rest and a moment to breathe," she admitted, looking towards Mo's voice with a tentative smile. It seemed to put others at ease if she could at least attempt to meet their gazes, rather than staring at a blank wall while speaking to them. "If I'm not intruding, of course," she added hastily.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 pm
He chuckled and shook his head softly. "No. I wouldn't have offered if you would be intruding. Trust me..." He walked up beside her, readying to offer her help up the rest of the steps. But he thought better of it. She was trying to do things herself.

He frowned faintly but remained where he was, arm at the ready in case she searched for it, but only offered, not intruding with it. "Four more steps, then in the door to your left." he spoke softly with some small spark of encouragement. "Then three strides in is a chair to the right."

At least he had made effort to memorize the layout of his room already. Not that there was too much to remember at this point. The benefit of not having much to begin with, he supposed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am
Vanya nodded in silent appreciation for the directions, smiling gently as she traced the path ahead of her with the tip of her staff. Four more steps to the landing. One. Two. Three. Four. So far so good. Still insistent on figuring out how to navigate mostly on her own, she reached out with her free hand to the left, hand hovering about in the air until her fingertips brushed against the frame of the opening.

See? She could do this.

Ha ha, 'see.' Funny. Even her internal monologue was a comedian.

Okay, three strides to a chair. Was that three of her strides, or three of his? Or...oh, Laisidhiel take it...she'd just estimate. Soft hoofbeats counted the strides and she reached out to her right, searching before she found the desired furniture item. After verifying its location, she sank gratefully into the seat with a sigh. Victory! A great accomplishment, this. She'd walked up some steps and sat in a chair.

Taking a moment to catch her breath, she laid her staff at her side, and turned back in the general direction of the new advisor. "I appreciate your hospitality, Mo. Perhaps, if it's not too much to ask, you could indulge a lady's curiosity while she rests? Would you mind telling me a bit more about yourself? Where you come from? How you're settling in here?"

She had to learn to be more social and interact with the others some day. Might as well be today, where she could focus on just one Faun, and one who she would be working closely with in the coming days, before dealing with any crowds of strangers.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:32 am
Mo watched in silence as she followed his directions. He silently praised her as she seemed to follow through them all with a level head. He knew she'd need time to adjust. Time to figure out a new way of seeing without really seeing. But all that took time, patience, and most likely a whole lot of trust. Thank Laisidhiel that there were very few in the tree with ill intent, otherwise trust wouldn't be so easy to acquire.

He opened his lips as if to praise her for doing something as small as finding a chair on her own, but quickly closed his efforts. He held a thought that in doing so might just rub salt in an open wound and decided to leave it be for the time being.

He managed an exhale, only just then realizing that he had been holding it as he watched her make herself comfortable then shook his head once her voice began to drift to his ears.

"Oh, uh... It's no trouble..." he started with a chuckle. He moved across the room where a pitcher of water lay upon a table and poured some into two cups. "Well, my name is Mo. I've lived in the hallowed out trunk of a large oak tree for most of my life just outside the Great Tree of Laisidhiel and have only recently discovered just how many of our numbers there are."

"Here..." he offered her one of the cups, gently pressing it against the back of her hand in offering. Once she took it, he returned to the table and sat in another chair. "Before the ceremony, I rarely saw many of our kind. I knew they were out there, I'd see some flitting about the Great Tree often, but I never imagined..." He trailed off a bit. The silence didn't last that long, however.

"To be honest, I'm still finding it hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I'm one of the lost brothers. I never expected that a rock of all things would be something to set me on this course. At least you had something a little more interesting." he laughed softly. "I mean, a walnut? That's a far cry more intriguing than a rock."

He drank a bit of his water then sighed. "Settling in here is not much different than my old, little hovel. But it's...." he chuckled a bit and took a brief look into his cup of water. "It's a bit bigger than I'm used to. But I know with a little time and patience, it'll grow on me."

His gold eyes flickered over her form briefly. "And what about you, Miss Vanya?"

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games