Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
No one can convince me. I like how I am.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lena Haag

5,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:42 pm
Well, to make it short, this is my problem:

I know a lesbian who would not stop trying to convince me to pair up with her. Somehow she got into her head I'm a lesbian too.

I tried to explain to her, but she insists. I even told her I'm already in love... with a man, to wich she answered, that then I mus be a bisexual.

I do not know how to take her off my back, can someone here help me, please?

I do not want my children to get involved in this confusion, I'm sure she will never respect my right to raise them as I see fit, that woman will try to influence them.

Yes, I'm married, I have children, and there is this crazy woman almost stalking me, and I'm scared she can mess with my family and confuse them.

I really need some tips apart from "punching her" (My husband almost convinced me of doing it, but I'm not too strong, and if she fights back, I'm in trouble)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:16 pm
Punching her wouldn't be a good resolve to it, for multiple reasons than just your strength. My only advice is to tell her once more that you are not interested and threaten legal action, and if she persists, call the police and file for a restraining order. The extreme may not seem like the choice you might like to do, but if she won't listen to anything else then it might be the only option.  

Zydrate Popsicle

Sexy Krampus

Lena Haag

5,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:05 pm
A restraining order may not be the best thing to do, as we have to finish some university years in the same classroom.

Maybe she is a poor confused girl, but I do not want to harm her education.

I was looking for some psychology tips, someone in a lgbt guild must know how to reach her mind.

She thinks I'm scared of "coming out" as you call it. The thing is... I was never inside anything, I'm free as a bird.

Could that phrase convince her? It just came to my mind. How could I not think -that- before? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:56 am
Unfortunately some people are stubborn within what they believe, not necessarily a bad thing all the time, but in this particular case it isn't going to help any.

You can try and talk to her about how it is you see things or simply just let her believe that you're "bisexual." Sexuality is hard, and love is just as hard, but she seems to be defined purely by the labels in which say what is what or who is who. She may see that one who identifies as a lesbian is a woman who only sleeps with women and wants nothing to do with the male nor their genitals.

I have an ex who identifies as a lesbian and is happily married to a man.

But as Noire suggested, if it gets out of hand, file for a restraining order. I'm sure they can make an exception for when it comes to a class that you two have together but in general, if she poses a threat, you're going to have to do something about it. (Def. not resort to violence, won't get you anywhere)  

FauxZombie

Ravyn457

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm
Stay away from her. Make it clear that you're not interested. If it doesn't work, you need legal action. Stalking is a big deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 am
I agree that sometimes when someone's convinced of somethin, nothing will change their mind. I'd assume this women has some mental issues and probably wasn't raised to understand boundaries or personal space. It sounds to me like talking things through isn't going to get anywhere at this point.

Take it up with someone legally if she doesn't stop. a restraining order might be the wake up she needs.

Also, please don't think that all lesbians are like this. I promise this lady's one of far and few between. I know I personally don't run around trying to tell people who they are attracted to. They need to figure out for themselves and it sounds like you have and you've realized that you truly don't like women in that way.

Hope everything goes well.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 am
. You're an "obsessive love" type stalker, which is the most dangerous category. You should really take legal action while she's still in phase 1 of the "obsessive love wheel"  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games