Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Im getting really worried about my friend. We were talking on facebook today and we started to talk about Vocaloid. She said that some of her old friends make mean comments about Vocaloid just because they were Japanese.

I asked her why she took the comments so seriously. She said that Vocaloid is like her family and the comments are like her family being slaughtered. She said her "family" cant protect themselves so she feels like she has to and the've helped her.

I asked her "what about mom and dad?"
she still hasnt responded...

Im worried about her... really worried... is it the otaku thats making her think like this? I like Vocaloid but I've noticed how much blood and stuff is in it. Im really really worried about her... About what she thinks and what shes feeling. I want to ask if Ican help but I'm worried she'll think I'm like her old friends and hurt her more... And I swear if any one says anything bad about my friend I will make sure you get expelled from the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:38 pm
That last bit doesn't exactly help your cause.
Only the Crew, Captain, and Vice Captain can decide that; and we only consider banning if the person is harassing fellow members such as yourself, not the subject of a thread.
But I do respect your loyalty to your friend; such loyalty is hard to come by nowadays.

To help us understand, explain what otaku is for those of us not familiar with Asian culture or languages.
What do you mean by "they've helped her?"  

Gresley Toombs
Crew

Super Survivor

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:44 pm
Gresley Toombs
That last bit doesn't exactly help your cause.
Only the Crew, Captain, and Vice Captain can decide that; and we only consider banning if the person is harassing fellow members such as yourself, not the subject of a thread.
But I do respect your loyalty to your friend; such loyalty is hard to come by nowadays.

To help us understand, explain what otaku is for those of us not familiar with Asian culture or languages.
What do you mean by "they've helped her?"

Well basically otaku is bloody stuff. In Vocaloid there is human slaughter and sacrifice. One example is Circle You and its first about these kids who play the game. Guess whos behind you or you loose. In the real world, their in a hospital. If they dont guess which scientist is behind them, they get bound and sliced, last thing cut off is their head. Basically, the scientists goal is to make immortality out of child pain and suffering. They show all the limb cutting off. And in another, the twin Vocaloid characters get cut up and sewn together. Really bloody stuff.
I asked her what she meant by "helping her." She said whenever she was upset, she would listen to their music and it would make her feel better...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 pm
I think you miss the point of what otaku truly means. It's not all bloody stuff. I suggest doing your research on it a bit more thoroughly.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 am
How old is your friend?

I've known many younger teenagers who turn to things like music and anime when they are down or not feeling well about life. I've met people who get so into it that they become obsessed with it because they feel it's better than dealing with their real life.

Not everyone likes their family or even loves them, and they don't have to. She may just not be getting along with them right now. A lot of teenagers don't, and Vocaloid could just be a release from them to her.

Also I'd like to point out just because something is bloody or gory and people enjoy that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. What about people who love horror movies? Would you worry about them for enjoying any bloody or gory movie? I would hope not. In the end, Vocaloid and anything else like it isn't real. As long as you're there for her, she'll start to understand that.

How often are you there for her when she needs to talk about things? Maybe she turns to Vocaloid because either you can't be there when she needs you or she just can't talk at the moment. I'd just wait it out and see how things go, while at the same time just delving deeper into her life with more questions. If she doesn't feel like answering, don't make her. Just get what she is comfortable with telling you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 am
Yes, sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I have to clarify two things here, because I'm seriously pissed by the misunderstanding.

An otaku is a person who loves anime and manga, and who would buy pvc figurines of their favourite characters. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with bloody stuff, although some anime involves that, not all otaku love it. Saying all otaku love bloody stuff, is like saying all Europeans speak Spanish, or saying all Americans live in New York.

Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure, they may have some songs that are 'disturbing', to say the least, they also have completely innocent songs (such as Ievan Pollka, or Melt, or nyanyanya). The songs they sing, and the contents, completely depend on the producer.

The fact she calls it 'her family' is disturbing, and you should talk to her about that, and perhaps see if she needs professional help. But don't blame it on things when you don't even know what they mean.

Good, now has this Otaku stopped explaining. Have a nice day.

Yunachu

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 pm
Yunachu
Yes, sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I have to clarify two things here, because I'm seriously pissed by the misunderstanding.

An otaku is a person who loves anime and manga, and who would buy pvc figurines of their favourite characters. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with bloody stuff, although some anime involves that, not all otaku love it. Saying all otaku love bloody stuff, is like saying all Europeans speak Spanish, or saying all Americans live in New York.

Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure, they may have some songs that are 'disturbing', to say the least, they also have completely innocent songs (such as Ievan Pollka, or Melt, or nyanyanya). The songs they sing, and the contents, completely depend on the producer.

The fact she calls it 'her family' is disturbing, and you should talk to her about that, and perhaps see if she needs professional help. But don't blame it on things when you don't even know what they mean.

Good, now has this Otaku stopped explaining. Have a nice day.
Thank you so much! xD I was about to go on an explanation rant to clear up obvious errors in understanding but i no longer have to biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Sorry. One of my old "acquaintances" tolled me that Otaku was bloody stuff. (We are no longer friends NOT because she gave me the wrong definition but because of other stuff)
And my friend doesn't need professional help.
I'm not worried about this anymore really; shes gotten better. Thanks to those who helped and those who tired to.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers