Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 pm
HOORAY! Jack has a new moist hide!!!

So last week, my little jerk face leopard gecko, Jack's formerly awesome ZooMed Repti-Shelter CRUMBLED! It split down the cracks and just started breaking all to pieces. Well, he loves that thing and it is the nicest moist hide I have ever seen. And Clementine's is even older than his and her's is in great condition. So despite it being just a couple years old, I went to the pet store and bought a new one.

Well, I told the lady what happened and she said "you should called the company. I think they had a bad batch. A bunch of ours just broke all to bits. But other ones were just fine!"

So there ya go.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 am
ive been wanting one of those for ethen for years but always put it off because they were expensive. finally found one on sale at petco for $7 so i wonder if its one of the defective ones. ill keep her old moist hide just in case. so far ethen loves it though. those reptishelters are so nice looking and so roomy. ethen has the medium one, im suprised how much spase is in there even with all the moss i stuffed in there. all the moss is in a paper towel of course, i dont need her trying to get impacted again  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm
Shanna66
ive been wanting one of those for ethen for years but always put it off because they were expensive. finally found one on sale at petco for $7 so i wonder if its one of the defective ones. ill keep her old moist hide just in case. so far ethen loves it though. those reptishelters are so nice looking and so roomy. ethen has the medium one, im suprised how much spase is in there even with all the moss i stuffed in there. all the moss is in a paper towel of course, i dont need her trying to get impacted again
I use paper towel in mine now too. Used to use moss, but it's too risky. I though Clem might have been impacted awhile ago, but it turned out she was egg bound. Either way, I am not going to trust moss.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 am
Kipluck
Shanna66
I use paper towel in mine now too. Used to use moss, but it's too risky. I though Clem might have been impacted awhile ago, but it turned out she was egg bound. Either way, I am not going to trust moss.

i didnt know she was egg bound. was she bred? or just a random clutch of infertile eggs?  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 pm
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

i didnt know she was egg bound. was she bred? or just a random clutch of infertile eggs?
Not bred. I am not breeding her until her tail gets a lot fatter (she is well on her way. She is a voracious eater now! And very active.). But she has had 3 clutches now of just 2 eggs. And this last batch she did not eat for a few days before again.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:07 am
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

Not bred. I am not breeding her until her tail gets a lot fatter (she is well on her way. She is a voracious eater now! And very active.). But she has had 3 clutches now of just 2 eggs. And this last batch she did not eat for a few days before again.

wow, random unfertile clutches are suposed to be rare and you've had three in the short time you've had her. you have one odd gecko lol. i honestly think leos go out of their way to make us worry. and glad she is fattening up!  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

wow, random unfertile clutches are suposed to be rare and you've had three in the short time you've had her. you have one odd gecko lol. i honestly think leos go out of their way to make us worry. and glad she is fattening up!
She thinks she's a little hen, the weirdo.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:53 am
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

i wonder if you can eat leo eggs...  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:41 pm
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

You never know! Hee hee hee!

I know a guy who used to feed his dog all his turtle's eggs. I thought it was a little weird, and I would feel a little iffy about reptile eggs even for a dog, but he said they loved 'em. Although, I mean, I have eaten alligator meat and frog meat too, so even I break my own what-animals-shouldn't-be-meat-rules (though to be entirely accurate the animals that I feel are MORALLY wrong to eat are based on intelligence, so, like, bush meat like monkeys. *shudder*)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:54 am

Turtle eggs are probably fine for a dog, I think people eat them and I know that people eat turtles. I would not eat a reptile, because one it seems weird, and two I've heard that they taste like fish and I don't like fish : x

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 am
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

I know a guy who used to feed his dog all his turtle's eggs. I thought it was a little weird, and I would feel a little iffy about reptile eggs even for a dog, but he said they loved 'em. Although, I mean, I have eaten alligator meat and frog meat too, so even I break my own what-animals-shouldn't-be-meat-rules (though to be entirely accurate the animals that I feel are MORALLY wrong to eat are based on intelligence, so, like, bush meat like monkeys. *shudder*)

cats are the only animal i feel its wrong to eat. i would never eat a monkey because they look like little people and they freak me out, and i dont eat pigs becasue the thought of eating them freaks me out, and i would try dog if i had the chance, but there is just something about cats where it makes me feel sick that people eat them. its probably because my parents raised me along cats or something. i dont really think of them as normal animals  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:44 am
This topic... Got so off topic. So fast @.@  

Akari_32

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:51 pm
Vanilla eXee

Turtle eggs are probably fine for a dog, I think people eat them and I know that people eat turtles. I would not eat a reptile, because one it seems weird, and two I've heard that they taste like fish and I don't like fish : x
True. People eat turtle all the time in the south, and also in ethnic Asian food. They sold it them in the grocery section of WALMART in Texas when I lived there. The only "experience" with the eating of turtle eggs is reading Life of Pi. Hee hee.

For the record, I like fish, but it really depends on what part and what animal. I know with alligator the TAIL tastes very much like fish. Near the body it is like flaky chicken.

Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
Shanna66

cats are the only animal i feel its wrong to eat. i would never eat a monkey because they look like little people and they freak me out, and i dont eat pigs becasue the thought of eating them freaks me out, and i would try dog if i had the chance, but there is just something about cats where it makes me feel sick that people eat them. its probably because my parents raised me along cats or something. i dont really think of them as normal animals
Really, I can't eat pets. I don't think it is WRONG for others to do so, I am in no place to judge what is right in other cultures. But for me, I couldn't eat a dog, a cat... actually, having had rabbits, I don't eat those either, nor guinea pigs though they are popular in South America. I love goats so much, I could never eat one. I couldn't eat a turtle, really, for that reason and the yuck factor.

Actually, working with animals at the farm at work it expands that "pet" feel pretty wide. Pigs are so funny and intelligent, so I avoid pork. It all kind of makes me a little vegetarian, though I don't believe in pressuring others to be so. (Actually, with my health issues I mostly am anyways)

The one exception, I think to the not eating pets thing is fish. Well, not specific ones of course... I think I might vomit if I was served goldfish or betta! Oh... and crabs. I DO like crab, but I adore my hermit crabs.

Akari_32
This topic... Got so off topic. So fast @.@
Very VERY off-topic. Some days we just go a little off the beaten track, don't we? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 am
well hermit crabs love to eat crabs so no worries lol. im a huge crab nut too. i kind of have to be living right by the ocean and all lol

hubby and i dont eat much meat but we do eat some. i figure no point in me going vegan or whatever so may as well enjoy some meat. i am starting to get him to like veggie meats though. ive got him addicted to blackbean burgers

im sure if i ever get to have a pet cow ill probably eat alot less beef. they are one of my favorite animals but they taste so good and i get major cravings for some red meat if i havent had any in a while  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:22 pm
Shanna66
well hermit crabs love to eat crabs so no worries lol. im a huge crab nut too. i kind of have to be living right by the ocean and all lol

hubby and i dont eat much meat but we do eat some. i figure no point in me going vegan or whatever so may as well enjoy some meat. i am starting to get him to like veggie meats though. ive got him addicted to blackbean burgers

im sure if i ever get to have a pet cow ill probably eat alot less beef. they are one of my favorite animals but they taste so good and i get major cravings for some red meat if i havent had any in a while
True! My crabbies are big fans of crab and shrimp and all sorts of stuff. I don't like beans, but I don't mind Boca Burgers sometimes. I don't really like beef much, so I don't miss it... OR replace it.

Oh, except stroganoff. I think my mom made that with beef and I liked that, though it caused me a LOT of pain.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff