Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Chatterbox
Irritated face >:/

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gefallener

5,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm
So I dunno if you remember, but I was the one who was really nervous bout askin this girl out (she was my first girlfriend) and taking out on a first date.
Well everything had been fine. We dated bout three months and then I moved and so we ended up taking a break for like a week then started going out again. For less than a week. I told her that I wanted to marry her, I even gave her my class ring (my most valued possession) as a promise ring. Few days later she breaks up with me, through text (wtf?!), saying that I was being bi-polar (I'm not, btw), and distant. Err... sorry that I have a job, school and a family to deal with and balance and that I don't have all the time in the world to respond with a freakin paragraph in a text saying the same damn thing over and over, and it doesn't help that you were being distant first. She then said she that as much as she "loved me" and "wanted to be with me" she didn't have the patience for it. Bull. And what's worse, is she's playin the victim here. I'm the one who was freakin crushed and she's makin it out to be like it's all my fault and there is nothing I can do about it when I'm now in a completely different area. -_-;;;
Anyway. I just needed to rant..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 pm
I know especially when you don't live close to each other its hard enough as it is to stay connected and not having as much time as you'd like to put into the relationship never helps. I'm not saying she was right, but maybe she felt like you were losing interest in the relationship, or maybe she's the kind of person that needs someone to always be there and after you moved it was a big shift for her. (just shedding a little light on what her perspective might be, although I can't speak for her)

However if she was being distant first then that is a little strange. Have you told her that you still loved and distance was inevitable with your schedule? I know it might be a little too late but mentioning that might calm her nerves a bit.

Also, if she loves you she shouldn't have such little patience. I'm sorry she didn't stick around.
P.S Break up by text is never right.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Excalibur Foxe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 pm
People can be really unpredictable, even when you think you know them. It's probably even worse when you're quite far a part and only have limited ways to stay in contact.
If she gave up so easily she probably wasn't worth your time, and if she's doing it just to get out of the relationship. Ditto.
Can't really say anything to calm you, not even sure what the situation is since you last posted only thing I can tell you is if you really want to see it work to just try to get some communication going and an equal ground of understanding.

I'm bad at consoling and that, just take it as you wish.  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games