Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I got sick. ]:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pololololol
  lolololol
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Hi, Suites!

It's been a while, yep. I always find a few weeks during which I have time for Gaia, and then I become so busy, I don't have time for anything. Being a music major's stressful as hell, and now that I'm a junior, I'm starting to look at grad school. Also, I have a recital that I have to do next semester, which I'm planning on making an excellent performance. So, yeah. Busy. Missed you all!

I have time now, because despite being busier than I've ever been, I'm no longer in school. At least not until January. About two weeks into school, I started being really, really short of breath when playing, and I thought that was just because I have a horrible, horrible smoking problem now. One day, I had to leave orchestra because I simply could not play. Next day, I fainted on the way back from class and wound up in the hospital.

Turns out I've got an upper respiratory infection, which should have taken a few days to pass. I however, decided (stupidly) to ignore it and keep trying to practice and smoke, in addition to walking everywhere (I go to school in Boston). So, I aggravated the hell out of it and started hacking blood.

I went back to the hospital, and the school got so concerned, that they required me to take a leave of absence for a semester. So yeah. I have time now.

So, uh. Yeah. How's everyone been? >w<

tl;dr/cool story bro

I got an upper respiratory infection
I play a wind instrument
I smoke heavily
I live in a big city
Didn't help
Had to leave school for the semester
B'aww
Hi, how're ya?

:B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 pm
Damn that sucks yo! But you totally got to take care of yourself so don't push thing till you get better scream heart  

wo_nyrmo

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 pm
I had shingles in May if it helps, that hurt really bad. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 pm
A whole semester? Damn. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I feel ya on the whole having to walk everywhere in the big city issue. I'm jobhunting around Vancouver without car access, and I'm having flashbacks to a shin injury I sustained a month ago which is SO NOT fun to walk around with, so I'm walking around trying desperately to find a job somewhere within walking distance... or within a minimal walking distance from a bus stop gonk  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Hallo! I've been asleep since I last posted, for the most part. :B

@Wo- That's what my clarinet professor has uh, "kindly," stopped by and reminded me. :sweat

@Kosai- Uhm, WHAT? Ow! How'd that happen?

@Jun- Hahaha, I moved to Boston with an ankle injury. The first few weeks of walking around were hell. Also, I've given up on even walking to subway to get to work. I'm being a hermit. [:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm
Yikes! Sounds like a break could maybe do you some good. Definitely enjoy it while it lasts.

MorganeLeFaye

Moonlight Lunatic

13,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items