Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:08 pm
Prize Pot & Adoption Agency

____________ All Pae'il pictured in this thread are available as a prize, if you are instructed to come here and choose one by winning a contest. Application is not necessary if you won one.

These Pae'il are also available for Free Adoption for RPers, see details below.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 pm
Winners

All names of Players who are eligible to choose a Pae'il from this thread will be listed here, along with the event in which they won the Pae.

1. Nafretiti claimed
  2. Menelie - goldilocks crystal fauny
  3. Wolf - Rakshasha Blue & Black Tribal
  4. Fea Line - Rakshasha Caramel and Cream Female
  5. Shadica - Cyan & Brown Adult Female Harpy
  6. Midnightglow18 - Bluey Adult Female Demon
  7. SSBrosB - Teal and Red Male Naiad
  8. Midnightglow 18 - BlueyPurple Female Naiad
  9. SSBrosB - Pastel Male Naiad
  10. Rhea Izar - Silver Tabby Rak Female
  11. DaemonGabrielle - Desert Sand Naga
  12. Menelie - Cinderalla Inspired Angel
  13. Mouse - Pastel Naga

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 pm
Available Pae'il

Mandarin Fish Adult Male Naiad by Antidia
User Image

Flame Angel Fish Adult Male Naiad by Dementia Requiem Asumi

User Image

Purple & Spotty Adult Female Demon by Teigra

User Image

Blood Torn Wings Adult Female Astra Faerie by Dementia Requiem Asumi

User Image

Her faerie concept is Dennis the Menace, but she has no preexisting powers. Follow the adoption form as normal for her.

Poinsettia Adult Female Faerie by Dementia Requiem Asumi

User Image

This Fae has previously approved powers and a faerie tale base. You may choose to keep them or replace them. They are included below.
Quote:
Poinsettia Poison | .
She can take a poinsettia and make poisons from it, but also appropriate antidotes for those poisons using the same flower as a base.

Pretty Poinsettia | .
She can turn any weed into a poinsettia.

Pepita's Poinsettias | .
She is based on the story of the origin of poinsettias.

Include the below with the form:
[b]Replacing Powers?[/b]
[b]If yes, describe new powers below:[/b]

[b]Replacing Faerie Tale?[/b]
[b]If yes, describe new faerie tale below:[/b]

Earthy Adult Male Demon by Seiana_ZI
User Image

Light Green with Conch Cutie Mark Female Seafauny by HelMel
User Image

Green and Yellow Female Naga by HelMel
User Image

Paint Splatter Male Angel by Irish Night Fox
User Image

Groovy Circles Male Demon by Irish Night Fox
User Image

Scaley Female Land Sprite by Antidia

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Belle (Beauty and the Beast) Inspired Female Angel by Antidia

Rupunzel Inspired Female Angel by Antidia

Snow White Inspired Female Angely by Antidia

Purpley Naiad by HelMel
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 pm
Adoption Application

Characters Wanted!

_________ Has this ever happened to you? You're RPing and suddenly a grand epiphany reveals to you another awesome character that should be involved in the story? But acquiring a Pae'il can be troublesome, because you have to wait for sales.

The solution lies right here! In addition to these Pae'il being available as a "prize pot", they are also available to be adopted, for free.

But there is a catch.

01/12/2014 EDIT: You can only adopt one of these Pae'il, if you plan to RP it, every three months. So the only way to get one, is to fill out the character Bio Sheet, and tell us your plot plan for it. If we like your idea, you can adopt the Pae'il. smile

These Pae'il are NOT just for free for anyone that wants them. We are not in a hurry to adopt them out. We want them available for those who take the time to develop their characters and will actively RP. We are NOT obligated to give all of these Pae away. Not all applications will result in getting one, and this is NOT a contest where we have to pick a winner. We are looking for more characters to be involved in RP, which is the goal of this program.

Newbies are encouraged to try for one of these, if they want to jump in to our RP!

Application selection will be based solely on the quality of the application. Your job is to convince us that this Pae'il would make an awesome addition to the RP.

PM This application to Guardian_Iris.

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Pae'il[/b]: [i](the one you wish to adopt)[/i]

[b]List and describe at least two of each[/b]:
[b]+Positive personality traits[/b]: ([i]virtues[/i])
[b]+Negative personality traits[/b]: ([i]flaws[/i])
[b]+Character's Fears[/b]:
[b]+Character's Goals[/b]:

[b]Brief Background[/b]: [i](describe where this Pae'il came from, how they got to where they are today)[/i]
[b]Core Value:[/b]
[b]Fatal Flaw: [/b]

[b]RP Plan[/b]: [i](describe the plot you plan to RP for this Pae)[/i]

:[ Rules ]:
  • You may submit as many applications as you want, but you can only receive one Pae'il every three months.
  • Fill out the application as completely and creatively as you can.
  • Don't assume that if a Pae is here for a long time, that we're eager to get rid of him.

PLEASE NOTE: We will look at how many inactive Pae'il each applicant has as part of our selection process.

((Our philosophy in Fifth Age is that Role-Players are to be rewarded for contributing to the advancement of our plot. So we try to accommodate those who actively RP by allowing them the creative freedom to have a new characters without waiting for sales or having to compete with collectors.))  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 pm
Amasis
Name: Amasis (unless you mean his, in which case Szoorne)
Pae'il: Dwarf Hawkfish

+Positive personality traits:

++Devoted
+++++ When he makes a promise, he keeps it. When he's given a task, he completes it. When he tells you he'll be there for you, he means it. Need a secret kept? It'll go to his grave. Anything he takes on, he tries his hardest to see through to the bitter (or not so bitter) end. His word, his duties, take precedence over himself, and he will do whatever is in his power to make sure no one ever has to doubt him.

++Generous
+++++ If you need something to eat? He'll give it. You need money? If he has it, it's yours. You need someone to watch your children? Water your plants every two days? ...He's not very fond of children, and he has a bit of a black thumb, but he'll try. Time, money, or resources, if someone needs it, he'll provide it to the best of his ability. He may not smile when he gives it to you, but he'll give it to you if he can. Does he get taken advantage of? Regularly, but he manages to keep from getting put through the wringer.

++Creative
+++++ There's certainly a reason he has the job he does, but creativity with his ability is just one aspect. If someone has a problem and all of the 'obvious' solutions don't work, he might just be your ticket. It might be kludged together, but it'll be functional. It might not look attractive, but it'll taste alright. Substitutions, on-the-spot repair, arranging lots of things into tiny spaces, he'll figure it out.

+Negative personality traits:

++Self-critical
+++++ While he tries to make sure no one else ever has to doubt him, he does plenty of doubting himself. He wasn't fast enough, skilled enough, creative enough, that last batch fell in quality, and it's all his fault. Mistakes are things others are allowed to make, to be. Not him- never him. To attempt to convince him otherwise is typically futile and frustrating for both him and the one trying to reassure him.

++Moody
+++++ When he's cold, he's freezing; when he's hot, he's boiling. But he's usually cold, sullen, and not generally personable. On occasion he gets excited, and there have been smiles and grins sighted every once in a while. He does try to relate to people as a whole, but generally fails, and not being a type to take failure well means he spends a lot of time sulking to himself after he tries to be social.

++Territorial
+++++ Generous though he is, what's truly his is his, and it's serious business. It's a lot like 'everything outside this circle is yours, but I'll bite your hand off if you stick it over the line'. His house is his. His patterns and ideas are his. Don't go into his workspace unless someone is dying, and all that is good in the world help you if you remove anything from his house or workspace without his permission.

+Character's Fears: Falling flat on his face, being humiliated, someone being angry with him for a shortcoming... most of them involve him failing somehow, but he's also very afraid of losing his drive and inspiration.
+Character's Goals: Ultimately, he wants his own workshop, somewhere out where he can work with all sorts of materials, and be well-known for his craft. Until then, he'd like to not shame himself in front of everyone, or get into too much trouble. Networking will be a challenge, sure, but... he'll figure that out. Somehow.

Desired Power or Ability: Can take solid substances and turn them into fabrics resembling those substances and carrying their properties (such as turning wood into fabric and it retaining tensile strength, rock-origin fabric being fireproof/tough to puncture/tear/etc.)
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: cannot alter some basic properties (can't make silk out of whole rocks due to roughness of source material, for example, or make ice-origin fabric be warm to the touch), cannot work on living animals/Pae (though can work on things like hair, etc. once no longer attached)

Brief Background: Szoorne has always been kind of a loner for a Naiad, not because he hates others so much as he's not very good with them. A curious type, he experimented with his ability since day one and enjoyed modest success- modest because, again, social interaction is not his forte. With plenty of time to himself, he developed a talent for interesting designs and patterns to make thing from the fabric his ability creates. This has looked up recently, though, with his getting hired on as an assistant to another Naiad named Terzjian who is certainly more personable with his craft of ornamental (and sometimes functional) water dams. He lives in reef close to the lakeshore, with Terzjian's abode and their shared workshop not far away.

RP Plan: Terzjian needs a friend and, to be honest, so does Szoorne. I plan on Terzjian ending up as a mentor to Szoorne, who's a little younger than he is, and each other balancing out their shortcomings and working as a team. I don't have any romantic plans for Szoorne, or between the two of them, and plan to work on him coming into his own in general, maybe learning to loosen up a bit. I especially want to play with the juxtaposition of Szoorne's generosity and his moodiness, and how that affects himself and others, and what kind of trouble it might get him into.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? Yes, please :3

Approved, congrats Amasis. He's going to be a fun addition to the Naiad community!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm
DaemonGabrielle
Research

Name: Logan
Pae'il: Bird wrasse

I'm not on as much as I used to be but when I researched this little guy, I about died! lol I had to give it a shot. xd

List and describe at least two of each:
+Positive personality traits: Loyal
Loyality is a big thing with Logan. Once you earn it, no matter what, he'll be your firend. Even if you turn out to be a serial killer, if you've earned his loyality, he'll do his best to help you hide the bodies and lie about where you were last saturday on the 5th at 7 p.m. That being said, he doesn't just give his loyality to anyone. It takes a while for him to trust you enough to give you his loyaity. But once you've got it, you very rarely loose it. No matter what.

Athletic
Logan is a runner. And jumper. And weightlifter. And anything else that will cause a sweat to break out. He loves the feeling of physical activity. The way his body reacts is more like a drug to him than anything else. Given that he loves to work out so much, he has a tendency to not be able to sit still. He's always on the look out for the next biggest, baddest, and brightest thing. He's unable to resist activities like races and events where his muscles are used to their fullest extent. Like arm wresling in hula bobs. Or moving large objects for others.

Happy
Logan is genuinely happy. When he isn't having male, testosterone fueled, masculine fits of anger. He may not have a clue whats going on with himself but he's okay with that. He finds happiness through his physical fitness. He finds happiness in pretty objects. He enjoys being with friends. The list goes on and on. Despite his seriousness and his fits of rage, he is almost always in a upbeat mood. Even after bashing some one's nose in; he will genuinely apologize(if he is at fault and he usually is) and try to move on.

+Negative personality traits: Serious
Some people would say that seriousness is a horribly boring trait. However, Logan feels that you shouldn't run around all willy nilly, fancy free. You need to have rules and guidlines to live a healthy life. And he follows those rules and guidlines to an annoying degree. He even has a schedule on the wall of his modest coral home. Sadly though, this means that a lot of humor and spontanious activity is lost on him.

Aggressive
Somehow, during his transition from female to male, his testosterone levels skyrocketed. In short, he will f*** you up man! When presented with an oppurtunity where he has a choice of reactions, his reaction will always be RAWR! He pummels first and thinks later. There are a lot of apologies from this little fish.

Jealous
He tends to equate his possesions with his manliness. That includes everything from friends to his door mat. If you mess with his things, he does NOT react in a nice, friendly manner.
+Character's Fears: To loose something to some one else. To be percieved as weak. To be unable to move or exercise. For people to find out he was once a 'she'.
+Character's Goals: To become comfortable in his own skin. To understand what being a 'man' really is. With all the new feelings and experiences he has went through over the last year or so, he really wants to be able to call himself a male and mean it.

Desired Power or Ability: MASSIVE ATTACK - With all the testosterone running through his body, he can 'hulk out' so to speak. He can lift large objects. He can bend metal with his bare hands. He can break things as easily as breathing. He can swim super fast.
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: His power only lasts for a very short time. And afterward, he is almost always hungry. As in "eat three orders of spare ribs, four helpings of mashed potatoes smothered in gravy, two drinks and a dessert'' kind of hungry.

He does have limitations. He is bound by his weight on what he can lift or break. Anything over what he weighs is a no-go. Even a hulked out Logan can't lift an entire house. Anything at his weight or under, he can lift with no problem.

He cannot bend or break magical objects. Or use his powers when he is angry. His powers all but fizzle out entirely if he gets angry while trying to use his powers.

Brief Background: Born among his own people, Logan started out as Loganna. Being happy female that she was, imagine her surprise when her father decided that she should set out and establish a clan of her own. Little did Loganna know what this actually meant! So, after many ackward moments and few questions of ''WTH?'' she sucessfully made the transition from female to male. Now, he is currently on the prowl for a new family. Still fighting his feminine side, he's doing his best to make it work for him.
RP Plan: Honestly? I'd like to try him out on dating. But first he'd have to make friends. Which won't be easy. I'd also like to see if I couldn't get him started in a fitness center or moving company or something like that. He just seems right for it.

As for other rp experience, I would like to work out some of his testosterone based issues. I mean, he can't always be aggressive first. He'll have to learn to control that temper somehow. I'd also like for him to figure out how to be a guy with being an arse.
If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? YES

Approved! Congrats, DaemonGabrielle! We look forward to seeing your new Naiad in RP!  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:39 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o
Name: Hjörtur
Pae'il: (the one you wish to adopt) Purple Fire Fish

(You could say his love for merriment could only be usurped by his love for the beauty of the body and the tastes of fine foods. Little care is felt for titles or grandeur; all he wishes to do is spend the day with the things that make him happy. He does not care for work, nor does responsibility have a particular value to him, so when he is out playing his bone-flute for people, he rarely accepts any donation of sorts. Merely seeing their appreciation of his performance or joining in his merriment is enough for him. Among his family, he is ridiculed as being a loafer and a mooch, but his charisma keeps them from cutting him off completely. ) This will be reworded/expanded upon when I make his journal post >3>
Theme song: [x] - Tanz mit Mir - Unda
He also has Puberphonia (so his voice remains higher-pitched like a prepubescent boy).
+Positive personality traits: (virtues)
_____Optimistic: He hasn't a care in the world when it comes to what needs to be done, how it will be done, or how he will survive after the fact. So long as he's breathing and has the ability to live, he will do so knowing that whatever comes comes with a purpose that can only help him in the long-term. This also makes him easily-manipulated or taken advantage of, as he will always trust that what you're doing can only benefit him as well.
_____Virtuoso: He has a perfect pitch and can play a tune in an identical manner after hearing it only once, whether by whistling, with an instrument, or some miscellaneous object (fork on a table for example). This feels him with an immense joy which he loves to share with others in the way of street performances or shows, during which he always tries to encourage others to join in his fun times. Whether it be a flute, a fiddle, or simply his voice, if he's creating a tune, it will be a wonder to the ears.
_____Charismatic: No matter who he talks with, no matter the subject, they usually will leave feeling good about how the conversation went. He has ease in convincing others to do what he wishes.
+Negative personality traits: (flaws)
_____Irresponsible: More time is spent in having a good time or with others than in making sure that he's done what needs to be done. He tends to forget about appointments or promises, particularly of the kind that require him to act responsibly, and is unlikely to ever offer a true contribution to the society.
_____Rash: Most of his decisions are made on the spot without thought for the future consequence, leaving him in many sticky situations that his parents need to get him out of.
_____Aristocratic: Having been raised in a high-titled family, he not only prefers, but will go out of his way to only use the finer things in life. Whether it be the whitest pearls or the most delicious of caviar, if he can find a way to pay for it, he will, and if he cannot, he will find another means to procure it. There is almost an unjustified sense of entitlement that he feels towards such things, as he feels no need to earn it. This is only felt towards foods and entertainment; actual power or titles don't matter at all.
+Character's Fears: Change, to be forced into a daily routine, being disowned by his family, doing something he can't take back
+Character's Goals: He really hasn't any long-term goals, as he lives entirely in the moment. All he wants to do is live a simple, yet luxurious, life of music, good food, and wonderful company.

Desired Power or Ability: Well, I would love for it to have to do with his flute, but I'd have to roll and see what kind of power he gets first
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: See above

Brief Background: (describe where this Pae'il came from, how they got to where they are today)
The only son from the marriage of one of the queen's guards and handmaidens, from a young age Hjörtur was trained to follow his father's path, and from a young age it was apparent he had no wish to listen. Instead he was often found using his parents privileges to visit the grand operas and musical performances, quickly becoming attached to their livelihood. His perfect pitch helped him to construct his only instrument, a bone flute, and he took to spending his days wandering around town and playing it, neglecting his studies and commitments.

Eventually, his parents had enough and sent him away from his home, leaving him to fend for himself in the city and quickly to become looked upon with the distaste of someone who merely knows how to take. None of it was a particular interest to Hjörtur so long as he was allowed to continue to eat his food, play his flute, and make merry with all he meets.
RP Plan: (describe the plot you plan to RP for this Pae)
I mostly just want to watch him interact with the naiad community and be able to learn more about its traditions and stuff through actual rp. You can only learn so much through a summary. I also think it would be fun to try rp'ing out a different sort of personality than I'm used to and see just how he reacts to a variety of situations: from the future war to pressures in owing money to how he handles his emotions.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? (yes/no)

Approved! Congrats, o0_Daisuke_0o! We look forward to seeing your new Naiad in RP!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:12 pm
Menelie
Name: Breckin
Pae'il: freckled hawkfish

Driven: Breckin is a determined and focused worker, who is willing to put everything he has into achieving his goals.
Sophisticated: Breckin can charm the metaphorical pants off of anyone, or so he thinks. Well-read and unfailingly polite, he's a natural conversationalist. He knows everything about everyone thanks to being part of many social circles, and uses this knowledge to work his way ever upward in status. Knowledge is power.
Networker: Always willing to do a favor for a friend, Breckin loves to form mutually beneficial relationships. He collects favors by doing favors, and is more than willing to exchange those for other friends, introducing his contacts to each other. He always has his friends' (and his own) best interests in mind, and is generally a handy guy to have around.
Observer: Eyes always moving, ears always perked, Breckin aims to take in all pieces of all scenes. No detail is too trivial to be discounted. He's always on the lookout for potential threats or for useful information. If Sherlock Holmes had existed on Telrunya, Breckin would have idolized him. He's an expert at reading facial expressions and body language to suss out intent, lacking any magical means of doing so.
Predatory: Although he is charming, he often comes off as insincere or opportunistic. He uses Pae for his own gain and isn't above betrayal for the right price. He's on the misogynistic side, so his treatment of women is even worse than his treatment of the general populace. Creepy and unsettling, one is never sure whose side Breckin is on, but his knowledge is too valuable to dismiss on this alone.
Mistrustful: Though he knows everything about everyone, or perhaps because he knows everything about everyone, he trusts no one, not even himself. This leaves him feeling isolated, alienated.
+Character's Fears: His web of gossip coming crumbling down around him.
+Character's Goals: Power, status, wealth.

Desired Power or Ability: Wild Soul - fire coral
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: Merging with the fire coral (not a true coral, they're actually related to jellyfish), Breckin can sting other Pae at touch range. The sting is non-lethal, but hurts pretty badly. Since fire coral have brittle skeletons, Breckin is injured more easily than ordinary Naiads.

Brief Background: Breckin is a lake Naiad from a humble background, who found himself very good at talking to Pae and learning their secrets. He had a way about him that almost compelled Pae to disclose information to him. In this way he built a network and did very well for himself with minimal effort. Now he thinks himself too big for the lake, and wants to move to the ocean, so-to-speak. He wants to go to Court to rub elbows with the important Naiads there.
RP Plan: Word around the pond is that Commander Sadron has fallen from the Queen's good graces. True or not, that means there might be an opening for a motivated Pae like Breckin in the Queen's inner circle. Power like that is very attractive to Breckin. Very attractive indeed. ((I'm not suggesting that he get it, I'm suggesting that he's gonna try.))

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? (yes)

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm
Fea Line
Name: Lotus Blossom
Pae'il: Lotus Blossom

Social: Lotus is a very social faunie. Having to work with so many faunies in the past, puts her at ease in large crowds or when meeting new pae.

Good Listener: Because of her past in Equestria, Lotus has learned to be a good listener and lend her ear to whatever it is a faun or faunie wants to say/needs to get off their chest.

Devoted: Lotus is forever devoted to her work, engaging in each task with the mindset of seeing it completed 100% and to the very best of her ability, even if some days it may seem unpleasant for whatever reason.

Not easy to let things go: If Lotus were to encounter a particularly rude pae or perhaps a faun or faunie seemed ungrateful for her services, she wont likely forget anytime soon and it would affect her opinion of them on the next meeting. She would give them her services begrudgingly, purely from a profession stand point but only if they came to her first.

Gossiper: Sometimes Lotus just can't keep it to herself. There are times where she will tell her sister everything another pae had told her that day, without even thinking if said information were sensative or private. Or perhaps she might 'secretly' critique how they looked and joke about it later to Aloe.

+Character's Fears: After having to leave her home once, Lotus fears another disaster forcing her from her new found homeland, as well as being separated from her twin for extensive periods of time by force. She also worries sometimes about not being able to do the things she loves and fears she wouldn't quite ever find another niche to fall into if something were to prevent her from running some sort of spa.

+Character's Goals: To ensure the utmost happiness of others by helping them release stress and tension in any way possible, or to simply make them feel good about themselves through a little bit of pampering.

Desired Power or Ability: Soothing Touch - Lotus can concentrate and channel energy into her hands that is effective at relieving the tight sensation often accompanied by stress or tension, giving her the ability of one awesome massage!
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: The energy she draws off of is her own, therefore too much at once will leave her feeling exhausted. If she isn't able to get good rest, this will also weaken her ability.

Brief Background: Lotus traveled with her sister and the other Faunies to Telrunya when they were forced to leave their homeland where she has since then made a new life for herself with her twin.
RP Plan: To have her learn all of Telrunya's herbs and remedies to use in her skillset. She will work side by side with her sister to create a place where other's can come to relax and treat themselves to a day of pampering.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? (yes/no)

Do you promise to uphold this character's previous history? Yes

Replacing Powers? Yes
If yes, describe new powers below: Soothing Touch - Lotus can concentrate and channel energy into her hands that is effective at relieving the tight sensation often accompanied by stress or tension and the occasional headache pressure, giving her the ability of one awesome massage!

Approved! Congrats, Fea Line! We look forward to seeing Lotus Blossom in play once more!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Strawberri Stardust
Do you promise to uphold this character's previous history? Yes!
Name: Ophelia
Pae'il: Ophelia

• Quirky
    She's that kind of girl who laughs at all the strangest things, and she likes things that most pae might find weird. She enjoys dressing like it's Halloween every day and doesn't really care what anyone else thinks about it. She wants to be different from everyone else, to be noticed. Good or bad, she likes the attention.
  • Friendly
    She's extremely friendly because she wants to make a lot of friends. She's afraid of ending up completely alone in her life, so she feels that by making a lot of friends, she'll never really be alone. Also, she just likes to be friendly. It comes easy for her to be nice, despite being drawn to the darker side of things.

• Absent-minded/Easily distracted
    "I'm not forgetful! I just get....distracted!" Is something she's said. A lot. Which is pretty much true. She could be holding a complete conversation with someone and then suddenly something distracts her, whether it's something shiny or a dark looking pae or just a stray thought in her own brain, and she's off completely not paying attention anymore. Also, if she's interested in doing something, she'll lose track of time even if she's supposed to be meeting someone.
  • Reckless
    Ophelia has a tendency to not look before she leaps. She can be stopped if someone physically grabs her arms and says "Y'know, you probably shouldn't do this..." but if no one's there to stop her, she's not going to look at it too deeply before she just goes and does it.

+Character's Fears:
  • Bats. Strangely enough, she is terrified of bats. She thinks they're gross and ugly and they freak her out.
  • Being completely alone. Not so much physically alone, but that kind of alone where you're in a crowd and you know absolutely no one, and no one knows you. This is one of the reasons she's so friendly. She wants to have a lot of friends so that if she ever starts feeling alone, there's someone she can call to hang out with.

+Character's Goals:
  • To become more responsible
    She knows that she's not the most responsible pae around, and that it can (and possibly has?) cost her relationships in the past. So she is trying to be better about that, to not let herself get distracted as badly and to pay more attention to the pae she cares about so she doesn't lose them.
  • Find somewhere she can be useful
    Along with wanting to be more responsible, she wants to find somewhere she can fit in, something she can do to feel useful. She wants to feel like she's needed somewhere, and the chance to prove that she won't flake out once it stops being fun.

Desired Power or Ability: Shapeshift into a bat! NO. That would be cruel x3;; Perhaps the ability to influence someone's thoughts or actions?
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: Works best on the weaker minded/willed, doesn't work well or at all on pae with stronger wills/minds. It's not certain that her influence will make the other pae do what she wants, but depending on their strength of mind/will it can make it a strong possibility.

Brief Background: This Halloween Pae was always into pretty much everything as a child, and made friends wherever she went. As she grew older, she became more interested in having fun and less interested in responsibility. She just wanted to party, party, party and have fun, fun, fun! She was also more interested in the things she was told she shouldn't have anything to do with. This started her interest in the darker side of things, and her own dark side. Currently, she's still a party girl but she sees other Pae about her age having fun by settling down and having kids. She's not interested in kids just yet, but she is curious about maybe settling down, or maybe trying to make responsibility fun.
RP Plan: I plan for her to make friends and possibly lose one or two of them to start her on the path to becoming more responsible, and to being a better friend. I also want this to help her learn that quality > quantity, especially when it comes to friends and loved ones. I want for her to be taken in by a "darker" pae that only wants to use her, and to maybe make friends with somepae who looks like darkness wouldn't touch them at midnight but actually has a darker side that they hide from most. This would be to help her see that appearances can be deceiving.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? Yes please :3

Approved! Congrats, Strawberri Stardust! We look forward to seeing Ophelia in play once more!  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:50 pm
Twitchapher the 3rd
Name: Twitchapher the 3rd
Pae'il: Altantis

Passionate
Once Altantis discovers his love for music he will become passionate for it, and in time this will spill over into all aspects of his life. Give him a job and he will work on it until it is the best he can possibly manage even on little sleep.

Polite
Atlantis wishes to refine his image and as such has begun to travel down the gentle man, always minding his ps and qs, bowing to those of higher status and generally just being polite when speaking to other.

Coward
When the going gets tough, Altantis gets going. He doesn't like fighting and if someone was yelling at him he'd rather go hide then face his problems. If he can't see them, they don't exist...Until he's found again.

Detached
Due to his huge mess up with Twinkleshine, Altantis has somewhat detached himself from those around him, preferring to be alone and away from other. Relationships are flat out of the question.

+Character's Fears: His mistakes of his past never being resolved, being rejected, injury that results in him unable to play his instrument
+Character's Goals: His dream would be to play his beautiful music to the Queen and her court.

Desired Power or Ability: Sonata: depending on the type of music Altantis plays, he can give minor buffs and heals to his allies or minor damage to his enemies.(if you've played League of Legends, think Sona)
+ Power or Ability's Weakness: Atlantis' musical instrument of choice is a Hydraulophone, as such he needs to remain by the water or his instrument becomes uesless. He will also need to learn the songs, not knowing them right off the bat so it may be a little while before he can reach his full potential. Atlantis also can't use his music to heal large damage. Paper cuts, booboos, and at most a simple bone fracture.

Brief Background: Atlantis was always an odd naiad, quiet curious about the land above. Upon becoming an adult, he spent most of his time on land, learning about it. The sights, the tastes the smells. Only venturing back to the water to re hydrate. Then he met Twinkleshine. To fall for her so fast was a mistake, but the biggest fault was what he did to her. He has now crawled back into the waters where he left, unsure and broken of what to do next.
RP Plan: After sulking away back to the waters he's going to discover the joys of music and use the 'pain' he got to turn it into beautiful music. As he gets better at his music he will come to realize his faults with Twinkleshine and hopefully, one day apologize to her so they can both get on with their lives. I do hope for him to open up to other once again and perhaps find true love one day. Beyond that it depends on how he grows and changes.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? YES BUT I'M SCURD!

Do you promise to uphold this character's previous history? I promise to make him make amends to his previous history. 8|

Approved! Congrats, Twitchapher the 3rd! We look forward to seeing Atlantis in play once more!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:58 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o
Name: Shahrazad
Pae'il: Rakshasha Lilac Spots

+Positive personality traits: (virtues)
Obedient- To those in authority over her, she will obey any direct command spoken to her without any question, even if it is something she might normally disagree with. Any complaints about her assigned task or punishment are kept to herself and her thoughts. That isn't to say that she won't interpret your commands in a... different... manner. Like one asking to bring back a cat and instead having a female kidnapped and brought over.
Smooth Talker- She is very skilled at choosing her words and tone to change a situation into one that is more beneficial to herself, or into instilling belief or trust into someone else for her words.
Agile- This is meant in mind and body; her thoughts are capable of quickly flexing themselves to fit even the strangest of situations, looking for the best way to go about it. Her body is just as flexible, allowing her to easily move through normally awkward crevices without causing injury to herself. Due to her reliance on this speed and nimbleness, however, she is not very strong.
+Negative personality traits: (flaws)
Impish- With this cunning that she has, she has a certain way of going behind one's back or twisting the situation in a way that may be completely different (likely more crude) from what actually happened or was intended, but at the same time is not. As to her real intentions and thoughts, those are carefully kept hidden away.
Manipulative- Because she is skilled at using her words to alter pae's thoughts and actions, she is very keen on making them into ones which will ultimately benefit her. This is true, too, of her method of obeying authority. They might want to be oddly specific of what they want to happen, else they allow her to tweak it in just a way that benefits her.
Fickle- Her wants and desires appear to change on a whim, in complete 360's, without any added provocation. This makes her not a person you may one to place your trust in, as she is known to be a backstabber.
+Character's Fears: Imprisonment, cicadas, illness
+Character's Goals: She simply wishes for power, as much as she can get, in whatever way she can get it.

Desired Power or Ability: Lol. Depends on how I roll. Can't really come up with one before that :3 Perhaps something to do with contortion
+ Power or Ability's Weakness:

Brief Background: (describe where this Pae'il came from, how they got to where they are today)
In a distant land far, far away, Shahrazad was trained since she could walk as to how to be the perfect daughter and wife. Never speak out, never disobey an order. Any outright insolence was severely punished, since it showed disrespect and would reflect poorly on the father's ability to exert his dominance and control. That did not, however, keep the child from finding ways of her own self-endowed power by learning how to quietly manipulate her surroundings into better ones.

As she reached adulthood, a picturesque example of how a female should behave, talk began to spread of others mysteriously disappearing, usually in the dead of the day. It was said that only one thing held constant for those missing: the performance of a strange sort of chanting and a pool of blood left behind. This chant was believed to have been inscribed as a way to travel between the dimensions by a summoning from the other side.

If they were willing to sacrifice themselves to do so, that is.

Seeing it as the only way to rid herself of this bondage, the demon sneaked around when eyes were off of her, searching for the words. Upon finding them, or what she presumed to be them, the choice was simple. That day, alone to herself, eyes closed, she lightly hummed the words to herself before reaching down to inflict a deep wound to her stomach.

Eyes opening, she looked down to see the red dripping down her leg and pooling beneath her. It was so warm against the airy feeling of shock that was coming upon her, a light seeming to cloud over her vision and take her away. Then all that remained was darkness and cold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next feeling she had was that of her vision slowly coming to form in a whirling of smoke, the pain of her cut all too real. Her eyes looked around, the wind seeming a frighteningly cold contrast to her own home, the air filled with foreign scents. The summoning... the rumor... it was all true! She was elsewhere, freed! Looking ahead of her, she took notice of the very small child wincing in pain, grabbing her hand.

It came as a sort of instinct to Shahrazad as she reached forward to take the pae's hurt hand, moving it to lay against her own injury. This would begin her life, freed from bondage at long last.

Or so she thought.
RP Plan: (describe the plot you plan to RP for this Pae)
Well, since I plan to have Rosewater summon her, there will be some interesting interactions between the child 'master' and her adult 'subordinate.' The demon will hardly be allowed room to breath without being forced to obey the girl, at the same time trying to uphold her personal pride.
The nature of these interactions will evolve as Rosewater grows older, becoming harsher and more demeaning with time (particularly once she realizes that she cannot be hurt by the demon).
I would also like to see her try for the second chance at becoming a knight since she searches for power, despite all of this.

Approved with removal of self-summoning and slight plot changes! Congrats, o0_Daisuke_0o! We look forward to seeing your new Rakshasha summoned into the world!  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm
Irish Night Fox
Name:  Fortissimo (Meaning very loud or loudly in music), but everypony would be welcomed to call her Mama Blues since the youngin's couldn't say it!

Pae'il: (the one you wish to adopt)  The gorgeous blue female unicorn Fauny by Antidia!

List and describe at least two of each

+Positive personality traits: (virtues

+ Mama Blues not only has a big, bolstering voice, but she has a heart to match it. She'd drop anything to do something for somepony else, even if the situation may seem trivial in the eyes of others. She understands and holds true to placing other's needs before her own.

+ She has a motherly like disposition in the way she speaks and treats others. She's good about not crossing over the respect line, but certainly enjoys spoiling everypony! This could be through verbal compliments or gifts. There is no telling what surprise she could have in store for her friends.

+ With a big heart and a mother like love for her friends comes a fierce loyalty to others, and I mean FIERCE! With the temper of hers she's not afraid to speak UP for others. She will run her voice ragged to protect one of her own.

+ The biggest plus to Mama Blues is what her voice can do for others. All she wants is to see others inspired and motivated to reach their dreams in life so she has taken it on herself to inspire them through her songs. Her range of musical abilities can fit almost anyponey's needs during a hard time, a time of sadness, or even the days of joy. She's there ready to sing their anthem.

+Negative personality traits: (flaws

- She is LOUD! This can be seen as negative to many, since she could end up unintentionally dominating conversations or causing others to stare if she's talking in a quite area, but she never means any harm by it. It's what happens when you have a big singing voice on a talkative Fauny.

- Mama Blues is known for her fiery temper. She's a loving Fauny, but certainly doesn't take lip from just anyponey. Just like everypony else she can have her selfish moments which can lead up to a very loud and angry Fauny. Shes been known for losing her voice a time or two from a heated 'debate'.

- Like with most fiery tempers comes someone who is obstinate. It takes a lot for her to turn away from her ideals once she has set her mind on them. This can be great for goal setting, but not so much when it comes to seeing eye to eye with others.

- She's always humming, whistling or singing. While some could see this as a soothing thing a mother does, others aren't too keen with the singing thing. It can be considered a distraction or an annoying background noise to other's busy day.

+Character's Fears: Mama Blues greatest fear is to completely lose her voice- becoming mute. She has made it her goal in life to bring the beauty of song to all in order to change and inspire their lives, so to lose the only tool she has to accomplish that goal would completely destroy her life.

+Character's Goals: Ultimately, she'd love to travel the world and let her voice move it towards a better place, but she's just as fulfilled knowing she's changing lives in her own neighborhood.

Desired Power or Ability: “Lemme sing ya a ditty” You could consider her ability to be a type of motivational tool. When she sings her songs those around her are filled with vigor, inspiration, or the motivation needed to accomplish what is on their heart.

+ Power or Ability's Weakness: The greatest hinderance to her abilities would be the fact that she loses her voice a good part of the time. She's such a passionate Fauny that when she gets going she can't stop and if she can't sing she can't use her abilities. This also means that anything that restricts her voice would keep her from using her abilities.

Her abilities are also based on the one hearing it just like any form of music. If the person refuses to listen or has such a strong will to not allow the music to phase them it wont. It's not meant to be an emotion changing power, but a willing motivator. It also has a time and amount limit to it. So someone can't constantly ask Mama Blues to sing them to keep them peppy through work like a cup of coffee or something. She also wouldn't appreciate being used that way.

Power/Ability Example: So say Bree the Baker has a huge order of cakes to fulfill, but is having an emotional off day that's keeping her frustrated and unable to focus properly on her work. She's sitting in a pile of flour she spilt on the floor about to cry her heart out when Mama Blues walks in for a pastry. The kind hearted Mama would instantly be there helping her up, cleaning her off, and gently singing a beautiful song about how Bree needs to brush off her problems and move on or how she's an amazing baker and can't let her get herself down. Bree is so open for some encouragement that the music practically wipes the tears from her eyes, picks her up and puts her back on her feet. Now, after awhile of working she may not feel the effects as strong, but hopefully at that point she's so well into her work that she's able to work off her own motivation and steam.

Had Bree been so involved in her frustrations or did not appreciate Mama Blues help then the song would have no affect on her! It's not meant to be an intrusive ability, but a helpful one.

(Hope that clears up any concerns or questions about her possible ability)

Brief Background: (describe where this Pae'il came from, how they got to where they are today) Mama Blues was a small star in Manehatten, working in a little club in the evenings. She was hoping that her almost nightly gig there was the first step in on the ladder up towards success. She knew that she couldn't land it big right off, but her ever growing fan base kept the spark of hope burning. That was till she ruined it all.

She doesn't like to talk about it, actually HATES it, but that's because she can't explain what happened. It was as though a switch had been flipped on her career and out of the blue her fans couldn't stand her. They even went so far as to have her removed from the stage one night! That moment was embarrassing enough to make her pack her bags in search of greener pastures, but she still looks back and wonders what happened. How is it she can bring inspiration to others, but can't find a way to reach back and find that special note to bring her career back.

It seems as though disaster always comes in pairs, as soon as her career fell apart she watched as her home did as well. A Fauny can only take so much at once and she struggled to get away from the world falling around her. Even when she made it to safety it was as if she had died back with her home and powers. She felt the calling of the tree, but not understanding what it was, she began wandering the new land lifelessly. Some time during her wanderings the pull became so great she unknowingly made her way to the tree and hopefully to healing.

RP Plan: (describe the plot you plan to RP for this Pae) Mama Blue's dreams have been shattered and she can't find the passion to face her past and figure out the mystery of what happened that night at the club. I'd love a chance for a group or a choice few to become Mama Blues' private detectives. They'd have an opportunity to solve a mystery that would help a Fauny move on with her life.

If we do not select this application, would you like feedback and constructive criticism on why we did not select it? Yes please!! Any criticism is a chance to grown. No matter if it is a yes or a no I'd appreciate feedback!

Cutie Mark?: See link for her adorable mark: http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131222051314/glee/images/2/2a/Bass-clef-treble-clef-heart.jpg

Approved! Congrats, Irish Night Fox! We look forward to seeing Mama Blues arriving from Manehattan!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:43 pm
Seiana_ZI
Do you promise to uphold this character's previous history? Yup!

Name: Rawiya
Pae'il: Pandora

Creative - Rawiya has always had a creative streak, making stories about herself and the world around her almost constantly. She spins tales and ideas like some spin cloth, some so deep and involved that even she gets entrenched in them. Unfortunately, her deep entrenching can sometimes result in her getting overly involved with her stories, to the point where she places herself within them. This blending with her power can cause disastrous results.
Generous - Even if other pae don't really want what Rawiya is offering, she tends to offer it anyway. Rawiya is compelled to be generous with everything she has, wanting others to enjoy what she enjoys as well. This results in her being very hospitable as well, even to those she has just recently meant.
Neutral personality traits:
Opinionated - If something exists, Rawiya has probably formed an opinion on it or some idea about it one way or another, and she will be certain to make this opinion known! She has her own mind, thoughts, and feelings on the things around her, able to look at a situation and reason what she should think about it fairly easily. This can sometimes lead to frustration when others do not agree with her, and even the occasional snap judgment, causing her to butt heads.
High-Strung - Rawiya isn't entirely sure what it means to calm down. She's constantly running at a emotional pace that will likely give her a heart attack one day. The faerie has a tendency to react rather strongly to events, even ones that may not ultimately matter. This has, in the past, resulted in her getting mixed up within her stories and rather argumentative, when in reality she is mostly stuck in the passion and emotion of the situation.
Impulsive - If Rawiya wants to do something, she has trouble not doing it. She has a hard time maintaining her desires and keeping them wrapped, especially when it comes to the tales she weaves. Without maturity and reason to control them, this has caused her to do a lot of things that might harm herself or, unfortunately, others. Her impulsiveness can sometimes border on compulsion. She will eventually work on getting this under control, channeling it into places much more useful; thinking on the fly is something that Rawiya will almost be able to specialise in.

+Character's Fears: She fears further isolation, or even not being able to escape the isolation she's already under. Like most Pae'il, she's a social creature, and would rather not spend the rest of her days hiding by herself in the woods.

She also finds fungus rather disgusting and will have a fit if she sees any near her.
+Character's Goals: Rawiya honestly just wants to put her past behind her. Her goal is to not somehow scare every Pae'il she meets with her web of lies, bad actions, and stories, and do some good for the Isle--or, at least, some of the Pae on it.

Faerie Tale: The Storyteller -- Rawiya is based from storytellers, who are able to verbally weave tales to engage others.

Desired Power or Ability:
Lorewalker - Rawiya is able to turn her stories into moving projections, making them visible for Pae'il to see much like how a holographic projector may work.
Suspension of Disbelief - When telling stories, whether they be for entertainment or lies, Rawiya is able to project an aura that makes her seem more believable.
+ Power or Ability's Weakness:
Lorewalker - The more complicated the projection, or the larger she makes it, the less time she can keep it active, though she can increase this time with practice. While she can use this power to boost Suspension of Disbelief, it can also make its aftereffects on Rawiya worse. She can more quickly lose her grip if she uses both at once for an extended period of time.
Suspension of Disbelief - Naturally, the believability of her statements can be hampered by obvious truths--if she says she's an elephant, she very clearly is not. However, small white lies, or small leaps in stories, may be totally unnoticed. The more often she utilizes this aura, the more she loses her own grip on what is real and true, and what is imaginary and false, causing her to become lost in her own stories.

Brief Background:
Up until this point, Rawiya has had a very challenged life. Her creative mind took her for a much deeper spiral than she could have ever imagined, to the point where she became convinced that she was the Pandora of her stories, a so-called vampire that needed blood for sustenance. This drove her into doing a lot of things that other Pae'il would not, or at least appearing to, attacking animals and becoming extremely efficient at it just to drink their blood. In her drive for it, she also ended up frightening Pae'il, and at her worst, outright attacked them.

The fear that other Pae'il expressed at this eventually got to her, and in her terror at what she had done, she retreated. Falling into hiding had resulted in her losing contact with other Pae'il entirely, left to live for herself on the lands of the Isle.

It's only after all this time that she's tried peeking her head back out, hoping that, maybe, some do not recognize her face. If they did, well... she'd have to think on her feet.
RP Plan:
My plans for Rawiya are fairly simple, really. I think she deserves a chance to redeem herself and become a better woman, removed from her delusions to become the faerie she had always hoped she would be. This would probably take some interaction with pae that did not immediately fear her, as well as some considerable distancing from what she once was.

Approved! Congrats, Seiana_ZI! We look forward to seeing Rawiya in play once more!  

Guardian_Iris
Captain

:[ Head Quarters ]: ~ Shop Services

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas