Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Just a quick post to say...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookies!
  HAVE SOME :D
View Results

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:51 am
...my friends are AWESOME.
On Thursday night we had a house party at my friend Claudia's house in the middle of the countryside (she has a friggin' LAKE out her back garden, it's awesome!). There was only 9/10 of us but it was fantastic, we played drinking games, did stupid things and subsequently took incriminating pictures, and the next day my car wouldn't go and I had to get an hour long bus to Belfast while trying not to throw up.

So I'm just sitting looking at the horrible pictures that have been uploaded to Facebook and I'm reminded that while I had good friends in school (some of whom I still see and hang out with from time to time), it just doesn't compare to the friends I met at university. We go out and get drunk together, we sleep in beds beside each other, we just hang out and sit watching movies and eating tasty food, and some of us are willing to regularly drive more than an hour to see each other.

It may be the 2 cups of strong coffee I just drank in the space of 20 minutes, but I'm just loving life at the minute. Sure, I'm still sad about the person I like who doesn't like me back (see my older threads), and I'm still sad about my lack of a partner in general, but I've got some awesome people who are willing to fill in xd

So Suites, tell me some of the crazy stories you have from time spent with your best friends smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 pm
I’d ask to see some photos, but by the sounds of it, they may not be Gaia-appropriate xD

It’s always the parties / gatherings with a handful of people that turn out to be the best! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling bit more optimistic (not sure if that would be the right word, but ya know!)

It’s funny, your comparison with your high school friends and those from uni – mine are the opposite way around! I still spend more time with my high school friends, and we did the bed sharing, crashing out, crazy parties and not remembering much the next day thing throughout high school and have continued to do so. It might be because my uni friends all live like, 2 hours form one another, but we just don’t ‘hang’ that much outside of uni.

One story that isn’t too long to type out is from my friend Alice’s 18th: Once the rather epic party had wound down, four (two girls, two guys) of us got locked out of the shed and the tent (the two places where everyone else crashed), so we had a doona cover (so, basically a sheet – and it was freezing) to share between us outside until we broke into the house and spooned in Alice’s bed - and then we ate Freddo Frog ice-cream cake for breakfast. That may or may not be the tame (and much shorter!) version, and not in the least the craziest thing we’ve done.... =S Oh, and I forgot to mention that the whole time, we were in costume, which makes everything way more awesome, all the time.

I've realised that my cutting out pretty much everything from that story makes it really, really boring - haha!

One of the boys had to leave at like, 6.30/7 in the morning for work – he was fairly worse for wear /endrant.

Now that I think about it, almost everyone of Alice’s parties ends up with people crashing on couches (or the dirt path, or the grass, or the bench...) in the back yard, luckily, it doesn’t rain much where we live xD

Like you, my lack of ‘other half’ gets me down a fair bit, but awesome friends do make up for it a fair bit!

diffun

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:38 am
I walked in on my housemate yesterday while he was naked.
That was a little bit exciting.

He has also walked in on me, so we're even now.

We don't believe in knocking.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:54 pm
Thats good to know for when i come up there lici xD  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Superna Zherom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 am
Congrats, sounds like heaven.

I too have no other half. And my awesome friends... are 3000+ miles apart from me.

Good times.

At least I have a 3DS. ******** yeah Kirby. emotion_eyebrow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 am
It's great to hear some other people's crazy stories xd
I posted this on Saturday morning, and went out on Saturday night with said friends. We ended up ordering Domino's at 4am, then 3 of us lay in Evie's room doing stupid accents (and impersonations of this girl) while Lee lay on top of the 2 girls and told them they had warm vaginas. Yeah...

@ghetto: That sounds hilarious xd
All my school friends are actually pretty quiet, I was always up for going out and drinking, but everytime we did, they didn't drink that much and we all just went home to our respective houses, with no talk the next day about the craziness that had been the night before. I think that's why I get so much better with my uni friends, I can more like I can be myself around them in that respect. Everytime we go out, we talk about it for like 2 weeks afterwards xd

@lici: Hah xD
My old housemate Grace used to run between her room and the shower naked, but I never bumped into her at those times. There was one night Claudia was horrendously drunk and just decided to strip down to her undies to get into bed, not caring that Gerard and I were standing in the room xD

@Superna: Aww, are there no people closer to home you could make friends with? Are you at college/university? I'm sure your 3000+ miles away friends miss you like hell sad  

AquilaLiberum

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff