Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Ever fallen/liked someone long distance? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:03 pm
I feel like it's a progressing topic in this day and age with the number of ways to communicate like texting, skype and the internet in general.

If you did what did you do about it?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:46 pm
I can honestly say I have, multiple times actually. Each time I tried to act on it, but it turned out in disaster. The last time though, I can honestly say that its been a full year and a half later, and I'm still with him, even though we are only connected by screens.  

Zydrate Popsicle

Sexy Krampus

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:55 pm
Noire Nightmare
I can honestly say I have, multiple times actually. Each time I tried to act on it, but it turned out in disaster. The last time though, I can honestly say that its been a full year and a half later, and I'm still with him, even though we are only connected by screens.

wow that's gotta be hard and take a lot of dedication. I wish I could find someone who would stick it out with me. D: (or someone in person)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 am
Too many times. >.< I honestly don't like distance. I always have troubles if I can't talk to the guy I'm with at any given time, and also have troubles if he can't physically be there to comfort me when I'm having an issue. I guess I'm a big baby when it comes to that X3  

charged6claw

Friendly Streaker

7,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Imposter_Rhyan

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm
User Image
Ah yes.
Long distance love.
I have, twice.
Never met up though.
-sighs-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:56 pm
Once or twice, over 4 years ago. Ended badly hah.  

Excalibur Foxe

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 pm
yeah, have a few times. one of them was a full on long-distance, never met kinda set-up. that became a trust disaster. the other ones started around where i live, then eventually became long-distance when they moved. those crashed and burned. such is why i hate long-distance relationships

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm
I can say with a little bit of pride xd that I'm in a long distance relationship right now, and Nov.8 will make 3 years that I've been with him. I honestly don't know how we've managed to make it work, I guess we're just determined to not let the distance ruin us. My bf and I went a year without seeing each other, until I finally got my a** up and traveled 900 miles to be with him for 3 days. He lives in Tennessee and I live in New york, ever since then we've tried to see each as often as possible. I've visited him like 6-7 different times in the span of 3 years, i know it doesn't seem like a lot but at times I would stay with him for like a month so I make up, lol. Last time I was there, which was like 2 months ago, I stayed for a a month and a half. They say that long distance relationships don't last but I think that we're proof that it actually can. biggrin What's funny is that none of my friends or family can really comprehend how we've actually managed to last this long.  

Next_Gen_AnT

Excalibur Foxe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 pm
Next_Gen_AnT
I can say with a little bit of pride xd that I'm in a long distance relationship right now, and Nov.8 will make 3 years that I've been with him. I honestly don't know how we've managed to make it work, I guess we're just determined to not let the distance ruin us. My bf and I went a year without seeing each other, until I finally got my a** up and traveled 900 miles to be with him for 3 days. He lives in Tennessee and I live in New york, ever since then we've tried to see each as often as possible. I've visited him like 6-7 different times in the span of 3 years, i know it doesn't seem like a lot but at times I would stay with him for like a month so I make up, lol. Last time I was there, which was like 2 months ago, I stayed for a a month and a half. They say that long distance relationships don't last but I think that we're proof that it actually can. biggrin What's funny is that none of my friends or family can really comprehend how we've actually managed to last this long.

After at least a year I'd be forced to travel to the person I was dating and live/hide in their cupboard (if they were in another country to avoid the legal laws :p)

Mannnn, I'm actually pretty lonely these days I'm considering a long distance relationship. It's just knowing where to look, I hate hate hate hate dating sites ):
And there's hardly anyone who looks at these Gaia guilds they're soooo inactive lol + there's no one reaaally around my age everyone's usually 17 or under lol.

I hope things continue going smoothly with you and your loved one and you have a great future. (:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 am
Mhm, and was dumped because of some other pixel running in front of her....
I'm just going to let whatever happen..happen. ^^
Honestly, pixel love is okay. Although, it's hard to trust someone when their phsyical face expression isn't available, but webcam does the trick.
I have long distant family, we webcam and never met yet.. Webcam is good enough, I don't want to meet her now. X.x Whether I have to or not is a whole different story.  

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 am
Next_Gen_AnT

That's amazing to be honest. See this girl I like is eventually coming to see me but Im a little nervous. Like how long did you two wait before meeting? was it awkward at first?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 am
We went a year without meeting in person, although we would've loved to have met up sooner. It just ended up being a year, but I feel like in a way it was a good thing cause' we really got to know each other really well. I understand fully about feeling nervous because trust me my palms were sweaty the whole night before and the whole way over there, lol. I'm not gonna lie, it was a tiny bit awkward at the very beginning, It was like "Oh my god, we're actually standing here in person!", we were kinda at a lost for words, lol. That feeling didn't last long though thankfully xd , we started to really talk and have fun and that nervous feeling went away. That's really cool that you two are gonna see each other, it's gonna be nerve racking at first but just be yourself and it'll get easier and easier. I hope everything goes well, I'd love to hear how it went. biggrin  

Next_Gen_AnT

firenekoearth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 am
My girlfriend lives in New York and I live in Colorado so yeah I've fallen someone long distance. We've met once as friends and hit it off and been together for almost four months now and plan to see each other winter break. Its hard sometimes cause I really miss her and she's going through some hard times but I know that I'll see her soon and it'll be all good.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm
Next_Gen_AnT
We went a year without meeting in person, although we would've loved to have met up sooner. It just ended up being a year, but I feel like in a way it was a good thing cause' we really got to know each other really well. I understand fully about feeling nervous because trust me my palms were sweaty the whole night before and the whole way over there, lol. I'm not gonna lie, it was a tiny bit awkward at the very beginning, It was like "Oh my god, we're actually standing here in person!", we were kinda at a lost for words, lol. That feeling didn't last long though thankfully xd , we started to really talk and have fun and that nervous feeling went away. That's really cool that you two are gonna see each other, it's gonna be nerve racking at first but just be yourself and it'll get easier and easier. I hope everything goes well, I'd love to hear how it went. biggrin

Thanks. I have no idea when though. later is better I think. and I dread those first awkward moments. I just know I'll make an idiot out of myself.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

GetYourGutsOut

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 am
Well, I live in Christchurch, New Zealand and my girl lives in Montana, we have been dating for a few months now but have been talking on Gaia for around three or four years. I'm planning to visit her in a few years time.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff