[A] Tree Soqs As An Official Breed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 pm
Well, everyone seems to want a Soq with a tree on its back... why not just create a breed eventually that has this as their breed trait? This could satisfy the masses without having to wait for bribes or real-life customs... or hope that a staff member gifts one to you. I know we just got two new breeds, so this would be something that could be done later on. It's an idea, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:45 pm
This will never happen. o_O; They're mutants. Mutants will never be their own breed. Yes, we just got two new breeds. Be happy with that.

I RL bribed for the ones I will be receiving. I worked my butt off and saved up for weeks. I wanted something, I worked for it. Given the ammount of money I forked out, I'm going to be pissed if next week tree!soq become a regular species. lol.

Also as far as I know I'm the only one (and Nyx) who has been actively questing tree soq. o_o; That's not to say other people aren't. I'm just saying, not EVERYONE has them at the top of their want lists. o-o;  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:59 pm
Hey, once upon a time, they said that only mutants and skinwalkers would have non-hooved feet... and now we have harpies.

I do see a lot of people wanting a tree soq, even if they're not questing for it or being vocal about it.

People shelled out a lot of funds for dragon Soqs and kirin Soqs... both of which are breeds now. I also don't expect these to be a breed anytime soon, if at all. It was only a suggestion. Jeez.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:44 pm
I'm pretty sure when new breeds come, the colorists choose to do them. Meaning that they are gifts to us so we have more selection of 'non-mutants'.

I think really what I want to say is, if it comes it comes. We don't really have any rights asking/suggesting for them. If colorists choose to do so, yay! If not, oh well?  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:00 pm
I personally don't see the need for tree Soq... but just saying that it'll never happen because their Mutants makes no sense at all. Some of the attributes that the new breeds have would have been considered mutations before I'm pretty sure. /two cents  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 pm
This isn't an official shop stance, merely my own personal opinion.

I don't really want Tree soq to be a non mutant breed, nor do I think it ever will.

A lot of the appeal of the tree butts is that they're ethereal, rare, not everywhere.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 pm

*agree with Beelet*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:28 pm
Though, I love the idea of tree soq as a breed. It feels highly improper to ask for them at the given moment.

We've just been given some breeds that were once considered mutant. By asking for more right now, it makes us seem ungrateful. Especially as we don't know what is and isn't allowable for these breeds yet.

Basically, it's not bad to hope and want them. But to ask for them now--I think the timing is a bit off.

However, that being said. I wish there were more chances of getting mutant customs--auctions, a rare game every 6 months or so where you can design them, whatever. But more a chance at getting one, even if it's by slaving away to earn IRL money or gaia gold.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:33 pm
What I meant to say was that if you make them a breed they loose their.. specialmagicalness. That's why they're so sought after. There's not a lot of them and they're rare.

I tend to ramble and not make sense, derp.

/agrees with Nyx & Bee/

I think a better thing would be more chances for mutant soq.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:18 pm
True tree havers should be kept as mutants. If people want a tree back soq they can get a custom on with the tree just resting on their back like a saddle or try to bribe for it. Somethings just need to be kept as mutants.  

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:19 pm
Personally I love the tree soq's but I know they will never be their own breed.
What I think would be a compromise is that colorists (you wouldn't have to do RL slots) could actually do them. Sirenz's slots are hardly open (not a huge problem unless there is a bunch of people wanting them at one time) and there are very limited slots. I think that colorists should be able to do mutants along with Sirenz even if it's at a higher price.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:19 am
Senior colorists are allowed to oben bribe slots if we cash in for them, it's just no one has for a while due to some reason or another.

Me personally, I have plans to open bribe slots in the next few months, as soon as I find myself with time.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:31 am
When I was going for my tree soq via customs, I was told I was able to get them if my tree was attatched via a saddle or what have you. So long as the tree wasn't apart of the soq, it wouldn't be classed as a mutant.

Just thought that might help some people. You don't get the mutant part of the soq, but you still get trees. n_n;

I called them tree bearers. derp.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 am
As much as I want a Tree or even a Plant soq, it feels that it is a bit too much to ask for it right now with the breed meta going on.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing them as an official breed later, but that's for them to decide.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 am
There's nothing wrong with customers coming here, expressing what they would like to see in possible future breeds, as long as we all understand that new breeds are very rare and require a lot of work and templating from the colorists.

I don't think it will "Never happen" - after all when they shop was new there were a lot of things that would "never happen" that have since come to pass. As its been pointed out, "Mutants" will never be its own BREED, but other things that have been considered mutations have eventually become traits of new species, such as scales (kirins), clawed feet (hippogriffs), and "fantasy" traits on Usdia (all the new mini breeds).

However, being we just got two new breeds recently, I think it would be a bit unrealistic to hope for new ones so soon.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff