Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

adrena_extermina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 am
(Ohmyyy. This is long.)

Help? crying

I am now a college student, freshman, and I enrolled in the course Mass Communication Major in Broadcasting just this June. But now I think I'm getting crazy about shifting courses because I wanted to take Journalism. Really. I wanted to take both courses, but of course that would be verrryyyyy hard and impossible. I might die. My problem is I don't wanna be an irregular student (someone who has a broken school schedule), I wanna stay with my girlfriends and a better career in the future.

I chose MassCom Bradcasting because I'm confident that I can make it and I want to be a field reporter someday or a host or just someone who works on television, on-cam or off-cam. My bro and I have the same course so I think it'll be better to take it because I have someone to ask/talk to about it, things they did that we will probably do in the next years.

One day, my professor in Politics discussed with us broadcasting students and with other students (we're mixed in one block this first semester) things related to our future career. What could be our possible jobs and are we going to have a job after college with our chosen course. Because she's a Legal Studies teacher, she convinced (and still convincing us) to shift in that field. Whether because it's easier to find a job after college with that course, yes, it's a hard thing but it's worthy because we'll surely use our minds and get better, blah blah blah, she's also offering us a job in the government because she has a work in the senate, etc. I became intrigued. I doubted with my course. And her question "Are you gonna have a job, a good job after you graduated with that course?" made me think. She even told us that some of us might just end up preparing coffee in an office or someone who has a cheap job. That made me think so hard. Yeah, she has a point and she's sooo right. I want to work after graduation so that I can already help my family. I will return them the help and support they gave me. And with my chosen course, I think it'll be hard to find a job, especially now that the popular TV networks only accept students from the best universities in the country and I'm not from one of them. Also, they hardly employ people that came from my school. *gahh!*

If I'll be shifting, I'll take Journalism. I know I could also make it there, because I love to write and I wrote in our school paper when I was in High School. I was the Feature Writer. I have a classmate who's taking up Journalism, encouraging me to shift because it's not yet too late and I'm not yet gonna be an irregular because it's still First Semester today, the subjects are just the same if I shifted and there's a lot of opportunities in writing. I could write in a mag, newspaper, could also work on TV, write a book, etc. But when I talked about this shifting s**t to my bro, he told me that I'll be an irregular, and that's very possible according to him. AGHHHH. I don't know who should I believe in!

I already consulted my father. It's okay with him, it's still the first semester according to him and I won't be an irregular. With my girlfriends, it's okay with them but the problem is I'll be apart from them and that's sad. I haven't consulted any school officer about it --If I'll be an irregular if I'll shift this second semester. I also wanted to go in the counseling for advice regarding my situation.

I'm confused, too about taking both. Either it's broadcasting first, then Journalism. Vice versa.

Thank you so much in advance! smile biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:35 pm
You can major and minor? (throwing it out there)

What exactly do you mean by irregular, besides not being with your girlfriends?  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

adrena_extermina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:39 pm
Blind Blindness

Irregular means having broken class schedules. Example is having a class in the morning and then the other class will be in the afternoon or sometimes in the evening (schedule isn't organized properly, not continuously.)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:57 pm
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness

Irregular means having broken class schedules. Example is having a class in the morning and then the other class will be in the afternoon or sometimes in the evening (schedule isn't organized properly, not continuously.)

Ohh, okay. That makes sense. xD

Well, um, you wrote this in an interesting way, so I could believe journalism. Lol.

Gee...I really don't know. Maybe people with more expertise in these majors could be helpful, lol

It sounds like, as you obviously know, that you should contact your school officer about the second semester. I don't see so much of a problem with switching majors though if you feel there's more opportunity in it. Sure, you may not be with your girls, but then again you're supposed to meet new people in college anyway, right? (Not one to talk.) If you really enjoy journalism almost as much as Mass Communications, then I think you should probably switch it. You can do Mass Comm. later, perhaps. But yeah, ya know...weighing passion and job availability and coming up with a decision.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

adrena_extermina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:10 am
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness

Well, um, you wrote this in an interesting way, so I could believe journalism. Lol.

Gee...I really don't know. Maybe people with more expertise in these majors could be helpful, lol

It sounds like, as you obviously know, that you should contact your school officer about the second semester. I don't see so much of a problem with switching majors though if you feel there's more opportunity in it. Sure, you may not be with your girls, but then again you're supposed to meet new people in college anyway, right? (Not one to talk.) If you really enjoy journalism almost as much as Mass Communications, then I think you should probably switch it. You can do Mass Comm. later, perhaps. But yeah, ya know...weighing passion and job availability and coming up with a decision.

Yes. Yes. Heheheheh. blaugh Thank youuu 3nodding blaugh
I thought of seeking our councilor's help but later I've realized I'll take broadcasting because I knew from the seniors that we could also write in broadcasting and I've seen programs related to writing in our curriculum, so yeah I'm taking it biggrin . Maybe after Mass Communications I'll take Journalism biggrin sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 am
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness

I thought of seeking our councilor's help but later I've realized I'll take broadcasting because I knew from the seniors that we could also write in broadcasting and I've seen programs related to writing in our curriculum, so yeah I'm taking it biggrin . Maybe after Mass Communications I'll take Journalism biggrin sweatdrop

Wow...so much thanks, lol. You're welcome. xd blaugh

Glad to see you've made your decision. 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

adrena_extermina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:40 am
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness

Thank youuu ~ biggrin
Posting in the forums is really helpful. Thanks to the people who listened, well I'd rather say read and gave advice. Hehehehe. Thanks to you, too. biggrin 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness
Maroon Surreal
Blind Blindness

Thank youuu ~ biggrin
Posting in the forums is really helpful. Thanks to the people who listened, well I'd rather say read and gave advice. Hehehehe. Thanks to you, too. biggrin 3nodding

You're very welcome biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers