Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I have a very naughty cat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Phoenix Rises Again

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:34 am
My cat has been peeing in my room a lot and I've had to kick him out when he's not on my lap.

He's done it on my blankets (while they were on me), on my carpet, and on pillows m fiance or I were using). He's also peed on rugs outside of m room and ruined the floor underneath.

Is there something I can do?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:19 pm
His he fixed? How old is he? And is this a new thing? If it is, what changed since he's started doing it (ex: home less, new people coming over, some one moved out/in, new pets, less attention, etc).  

Akari_32

The Phoenix Rises Again

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm
Akari_32
His he fixed? How old is he? And is this a new thing? If it is, what changed since he's started doing it (ex: home less, new people coming over, some one moved out/in, new pets, less attention, etc).

He is fixed and he is about seventeen. It's new as of this year. We have been redoing the kitchen (he seems fine to eat where we left food), and my sister's boyfriend moved in (though he doesn't care much about her. It's really strange because so long as I'm in the house (and I usually am), he's not bothered by anything. When we first moved into the house, he was fine with it unless I was at school.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 pm
Couldn't it be because he is getting old?  

pompoennetje

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 pm
does he seem to be having difficulty going? usually if a cat that has always used a litterbox suddenly stops using it, or starts going in other areas, it's a sign that something's wrong and that they need to go to the vet to be examined.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 am
CrissAngelLover12345
does he seem to be having difficulty going? usually if a cat that has always used a litterbox suddenly stops using it, or starts going in other areas, it's a sign that something's wrong and that they need to go to the vet to be examined.

The vet said there is nothing wrong.  

The Phoenix Rises Again

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 pm
17 is pretty old for a cat, he might just be losing control of his bladder?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 am
The Phoenix Rises Again
CrissAngelLover12345

The vet said there is nothing wrong.

Oh. Ok. It's likely his age then. 17 is really old for a cat. It is probablably as Kage no neko said and just losing his ability to control his bladder.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 pm
*chiming back in late* I'd say age, as well. My grandma's cat started doing something similar when she got old. Peeing every where, seeming to forget where the litter box was, but still eating, and acting normal, other wise. Turns out her bladder and kidneys were shutting down, and we had to put her down. She was.... 10 or so years old?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games