Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
help my friend please (trolling)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ritsuka kitty cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:27 pm
she is a beginning singer and trying hard to get better and does not have the money to get better equipment

read whats going on and report Birth Quake if you think its needed

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/musician-s-forum/my-covers-and-parodies/t.74638481_1/

EDIT:
just looked up tolling. here it is
Being purposefully antagonistic or answering a question with non-sense or profanity.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm
S/he could have been nicer about it, but it was criticism, not trolling.  

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

ritsuka kitty cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 pm
colon bracket
S/he could have been nicer about it, but it was criticism, not trolling.

oh... sweatdrop
what is trolling then?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:56 pm
Gaia's ToS:

Quote:
Provoking users by making inflammatory remarks. This is not allowed.

Rules & Guidelines

Quote:
No Trolling: Posting material that is inflammatory or intended solely to offend or provoke other members is called 'trolling', and is not permitted.

Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

I think if Birth Quake was like, "OMG YOU SUCK GO DIE LOL" then it would be trolling.

If anything, it could be regarded as flaming.  

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:01 pm
Ok, I read through the whole thread and changed my opinion. Continued harassment constitutes as trolling. My apologies.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 am
Your friend needs to be the one to make a report. Not us. I sort of think you could get in trouble for recruiting people to report a user.

So if your friend doesn't like this guy posting in her thread, why hasn't she blocked him? That would make it so he can't post. That should have been one of the first things she did.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:41 am
colon bracket
Ok, I read through the whole thread and changed my opinion. Continued harassment constitutes as trolling. My apologies.

I read through the entire four pages and I am forced to disagree- they antagonized him first. He stated his opinion- it was harsh, yes. It was cruel, yes. Trolling or flaming? not really- not when she was asking for opinions.

The situation wouldn't have erupted any where near as much if her slew of 'friends' (cough bodyguards) hadn't turned and attacked him for simply stating his opinions on the matter. If you noticed, the situation didn't get bad until, you know, minion 1-6 started insulting Birth and veering painfully off topic. Not only that, I'm forced to agree- her voice needs work. That doesn't mean, however, that he had to be so harsh.

I realize that statement seems extremely paradoxical, but I don't disagree with anybody involved, more so that it happened in the first place.

She should have stuck up for herself.
They shouldn't have responded in such an immature and totally irrelevant manner.
He could have worded it differently, and should have, but he is entitled to his opinion which is what was presented initially. So what he didn't like her voice- does stating that make him a flamer? I honestly don't think so. Does the harshness in diction make him a flamer? Not really, no. It makes him cynical and blunt, but nothing more. It really doesn't help that she doesn't really do her own music- it's all plagiarized (and covers are technically considered plagiarism). Anyways... stare  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games