Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Dungeon
Dungeon Staircase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Priscilla Richardson - Connelly tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Charlotte Richardson - Connelly tab tab
Pureblood Slytherin tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Pureblood Ravenclaw tab tab
Fourth Year Twins
tab tab tab

User ImageUser Image

Charlotte waited until the Friday afternoon to hunt down her sister. They only had one class left and that was Charms. She doubted they’d be talking after this. Her sister’s history homework in hand she felt she left plenty of time for Priscilla to get it done on her own. Course the Slytherin girl wasn’t going to like what her twin had decided. Walking down the stairs towards the dungeons, Charlotte was trying to keep her nerve going.

Meanwhile Priscilla was heading up the staircase and was not expecting to see her sister heading down to the dungeons. “What are you doing down here?” She asked her sister. “We should head upstairs before Charms, Cici.” She added grabbing her sister before leading her back up the staircase. “Um… that sounds great Cilla. But I…” Charlotte started as she followed along.

“What do you have there? Stella finish our homework.” Priscilla asked as she looked down at her sister’s hands. Charlotte was used to not getting a word in edge wise when it came to her sister. However, this time something had to be said to all the questions she was getting. Taking a deep breath, she stopped dead on the staircase. “No, not exactly Cilla.” She answered.

“Here take it. It’s your history homework.” Charlotte said holding out the pages. “What do you mean not exactly?” Priscilla said before looking down at the rather blank pages. “There’s nothing here. She didn’t do anything.” She retorted looking to her sister for answers. “I told her not to.” Charlotte answered simply. “What do you mean you told her not to Charlotte?” Priscilla’s voice raised as her gaze glared down at her twin.

Charlotte wasn’t going to let her sister’s scary looks scare her off. This needed to be said. “Stella shouldn’t have to do our school work. In fact from now on we’re doing our own work. It’s not fair to her and it isn’t helping either of us. I’m sure that you have more then enough time to get all your homework done. Just don’t expect Stella to do it anymore. I won’t let her.” Charlotte explained not giving her sister a chance to butt in. “Are you serious? You choose now to get all holier than thou on me. Do you want to fail? Do you? What about me? Cause that’s what’s going to happen Charlotte.” Priscilla went on a tangent. Her reply would have been worse if not for the fact that she was completely shocked by her sister's behaviour.

Charlotte shook her head. “You won’t fail. As for me, I’m getting help. I’ll figure it out.” She replied simply. “No, you won’t Charlotte.” Priscilla said folding her arms. “Maybe I won’t but at least I gave it my best shot. Which is more then you can say.” With that Charlotte raced off up the stairs. She had friends. She didn’t need her sister. Not when she was going to tell her she was a failure. Because she was not going to fail at least not without putting up a fight.

(Exit Charlotte)

Priscilla's
                                  tab Status : Mad / Completely Shocked
                                  tab Company : Charlotte

Charlotte's
                                  tab Status : Taking a Stand
                                  tab Company : Cilla

OOC: ________

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Trickblues

shinesnowillusion

kiska166

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK!

Diamond Wales

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny led the first years through a few doorways he had to duck trough. Entering the familiar stairwell, Vinny turned to face the smaller slytherins. "This is the staircase down to where we and Hufflepuff have their common room. Stick with the green robes so you don't get lost." Vinny said before continuing down the staircase. Once at the bottom he did a headcount to make sure he didn't lose a kid before proceeding down the hall

(Exit to Slytherin Corridor)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
Stella Connelly
Fifth Year Hufflepuff Prefect
Fifteen Year Old - Pureblood

Step Sister

Location : Great Hall - Hufflepuff Table (2046 Sorting Feast) → Dungeon Staircase

Stella lead the first years towards the staircase to the dungeon. It was just like yesterday she was being led down them to the common room. She’d taken them many times since then and it was more or less a daily occurrence. “This is the staircase that leads to the lower levels of the castle. You’ll notice that Slytherin students also take this way although they are much further down.” She shared with them. “You’ll also find your potions classes to be down here as well.” She added as they made their way to the basement level.

(Exit to Basement)

Company : Hufflepuffs First years

OOC : - - -

Rawwry
                                            Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                            Cold Doubt
                                            Yukina101
                                            Cara MiaKitty

My dear girl, I think your mother would be quite proud
                                                                          tab tab You've a good heart, and a sharp mind
                                                                          .Now then, I think you'll find yourself right at home in
                                                                          tab tab tab tab tab _ Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fifth year || Slytherin prefect || muggleborn
Daily Dragon managing editor || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August led the way down to the dungeons, pausing every so often to allow any still-awake children to gawk at the castle. He kept an eye to make sure everyone was keeping up, but left it mostly to Mallaidh to make sure no one was misbehaving or getting lost.

“You’ll have to take these stairs to class every day, so do make sure you have everything you need before beginning the ascent,” he indicated, waiting a little for any stragglers to catch up. There was one student that kept losing their shoe on the way down. “Here we also part ways with Hufflepuff students so follow close.”

setting En route to the Slytherin dorms, Evening after the Sorting Feast 2047 || with Slytherin Students
wearing uniform, immaculately pressed with a shiny new prefect pin || status Responsibility and Duty and Expectation

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree (yr 4)

"The Hanging Tree" by James Newton Howard, cover by Peter Hollens

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:08 pm
User Image User Image
Shawna Brynn Llywarch
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Slytherin Fifth Year Prefect Quidditch Captain
Halfblood Future Business Owner Seeker

Location : Great Hall - Slytherin Table (2049) → Dungeon Staircase

Shawna crossed the entrance hall and headed for the dungeon staircase. Stopping at the entrance she turned to look at her small group. “This staircase takes us down towards the dungeons and or common room. You’ll take this staircase a lot to get to all your classes.” She informed them. “As you can see Hufflepuff also takes this way to get to their common room, however we’re going further down.” She told them. “Now I suggest you stay close. We wouldn’t want any of you getting lost in the dungeons.” She added before leading the way down the staircase.

[[ Exit to Slytherin Corridor ]]

Company : Slytherins First Years

OOC : - - -

Diamond Wales
                                                  Yukina101
                                                  Kungfudemoness
                                                  kiska166

Ambition, eh? Simple enough
                                                  I see you're not the sort to let anything get in your way
                                                  You'll be right at home in
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:56 pm
cheese_whine
Tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me
You don't get me

Hufflepuff Fιfth Yeαr PrefectPurebloodLucч

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim immediately felt horrible for startling the poor girl and apologized emphatically as she calmed down. Luckily the girl wasn't too surprised with her request emphasizing how nice everyone was and asking if it was alright if she held onto a hand or sleeve. It took allot of willpower she wasn't sure she had not to coo at the first year. "That's perfectly ok! Here, you're going to need to hold on tightly since we're going down stairs." she warned as she began helping leading the other first years out the hall. They managed to make it to the dungeon staircase before she asked them all to pause. "As odd as it may seem, Hufflepuffs actually share the dungeons with the Slytherins. You may think it sounds cold but when you see it, you couldn't imagine it ever being in a tower. The dungeons are a bit of a maze so be sure to keep up and don't be afraid to ask questions! I think I'll let Yukon take us the rest of the way." Nasim suggested looking pointedly at her year mate. She didn't want to make it seem like she was hogging everything, plus she wanted to keep her attention on Tzuki.

You say you've seen the seven wonders
And you bird is green
But you can't see me
You can't see me

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore

murruelecreuset

User Image  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

fifth year || Slytherin prefect || pureblood
Quidditch keeper and vice captain || Cooking club critic || Herbology club lollygager

Wren shepherded any Slytherins along from the back, ”What part of single file didn’t make sense?” he snapped at one kid then immediately felt a twinge of annoyance as he regretted his tone. ”Just keep up, okay? We’re parting ways with the Hufflepuffs and you don’t want to get lost.” Now that was too soft. Blaaaah.

When the Slytherins did indeed part ways, Wren made a quick head count before waving goodnight to Yukon. ”Lunch tomorrow, yeah? ‘Night, Prefect Taterchip.” He scooped his cat up before she followed the wrong group before catching the eye of a firstie. ”Did you want to hold her?”

setting End of the Sorting Feast 2050 || with Slytherins
appearance 5'6", 150 lbs || wearing uniform
status Is this going to be what a prefect things are like?

”kiska166”
”Stefan Lee Salvatore”
just @ Yukon.
Kungfudemoness
for Archie
The Forgotten Weasley
for Rosamund
Devlyn Maycry
for Dakota and Titus

I have no heart, just ice and stone
Made up of nails and teeth and bone
And I know exactly what I'm for
To hurt and destroy and nothing more
But something has stirred
And if it's true that I was made
I still don't know if I can change

✧✦
~"Battle Cry" by Beth Crowley. Nightcore cover.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:37 am

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

third year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Cooking Club snacker || Quidditch reserve
irregular attendee of any club events

In January, Duanaire and Harmony had started a 4-month campaign reorganizing the potions stores. They would sneak in once a week at some inconsistent time, and swap a few rows or bottles around, then turn every label facing outwards. They took meticulous care to make sure that everything was moved and nothing was left behind or put with other things. If something was missing when they got there, they’d leave a gap where it was moved to. There were no spills, no accidents, no misplaces. Then they snuck back out. If they were lucky, one of them would get to see a confused expression in their next class. The goal of all this, of course, was that by the end of the year, if you looked at the first letter of the label to the leftmost of the row, the letters spelled R-I-C-K-R-O-L-L-E-D.

She and Harmony had spent considerable time over the summer debating their next grand prank. But before classes started, Aire wanted to see if everything had been reset over the summer. With a whisper to Harmony and a quick glance around, Aire slipped away from the lines of returning students

She moved swiftly for the dungeon staircase, drew her wand and and simply leapt over the rail, plummeting down. An instant before she hit the ground, she pointed at the ground with a practiced "Cadamolleo."

Unfortunately, without a rope or broom, she didn't have any clever ways of getting back up.

setting 1 September, 2051. Stairs up/down from the Dungeons. || with alone and unnoticed...or so she thinks
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing robes and uniform, missing a tie
status Did they reset our perfect crime? XD

Cadamolleo/ Molliare on wikia is listed as the cushioning charm. I think I got the effect okay, but if anything is wrong, I can edit! I had a version with a bungee rope XD

Courtesy quoting Steffy just because Harmony was mentioned.

Cara MiaKitty

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Dig beneath the surface
Find the lessons there to learn
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
Don't leave any stone unturned
Be the seeker of the truth
☁✶
~"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      hєч líttlє dαnnч, dσn't чσu crч
                                                      í αm чσu frσm much lαtєr ín чσur lífє
                                                      í knσw чσur hαír ís wíld, í knσw чσu hαvє nσ stчlє
                                                      чσu'rє stíll α vírgín αnd чσu wíll вє fσr α whílє

spaceAusten had, very discreetly, snuck out of the Great Hall during the sorting ceremony. He'd needed to use the loo for, oh, probably four hours, but he'd been waiting so long that he's forgotten about it, only to be reminded about five minutes into sitting and doing nothing. He could've gone on the train, of course, but train toilets left much to be desired. Austen wasn't a germaphobe, but he did have his limits. So of course, once he'd settled in and the sorting was underway, he'd suddenly been reminded of his, by this point, very full bladder. He'd figured, out to the loo, then back to the feast in a few minutes tops, and no one needed to worry about where he'd gone.

spaceHis plan hit a small snag, however, when on his way out of the loo, he spotted one of his classmates sneaking down the hall. He frowned slightly; it wasn't one of his friends, so he really ought not care. But he'd probably been noticed leaving, he wasn't foolish enough to assume otherwise. And she had likely as well, and if she wasn't using the loo like he had been, she was more likely than not up to mischief. He... he did not want to be accused of being involved in whatever she was about. Eyes narrowing, he huffed and debated for a long moment before following behind her, intent on stopping whatever was about to happen. He wouldn't care, really. Except he didn't want detention and a letter home over something he'd not even done.

spaceOf course, he didn't want to draw attention to them, either, lest one of the paintings or ghosts decide to tattle. He could just hear the uproar it'd cause if someone like Sir Cadogan decided it was his noble, knightly duty to inform the headmaster of children misbehaving. Or something like that. So instead of calling out to her, he simply went behind her, not wanting to risk running either, trying to catch up before she got to... wherever she was going. Unfortunately, his little internal struggle had given her plenty of time to get ahead of him. So it was, of course, just his luck that he was only nearly caught up by the time she-

spacejumped?!

spaceAusten stood frozen, eyes wide as he stared at the spot the girl had previously occupied. He didn't catch the sound of anything hitting the floor below, the pounding of his heart too loud in his ears for it. It took him a long while to make his feet move, but when they did, he was no longer concerned with not being caught. He raced down the stairs, expecting to find the girl at the bottom, seriously injured or even- no. No way. She'd definitely jumped, not fallen. It wasn't... He didn't know her. He didn't know why she'd jump off a staircase to the bottom. But she had to be okay, right?

spaceAs he neared the bottom, he hesitantly called out,
                                                      "Hello?" There was no one at the foot of the stairs. No body, injured or otherwise. So she must've landed on her feet. Bloody parkour, giving him a bloody heart attack. It's too bad they weren't friends, because he'd really like to lay into her for that one. But he didn't even know her name. He wasn't even entirely sure which classmate it was. He cleared his throat, and called out again, "Hello?" Then, with a little more conviction, "I saw you jump down the stairs. Whoever you are. You're going to be in a lot of trouble if you don't go back to the feast." He ignored the fact that he was, too. Maybe he could explain the situation to one of the staff members he knew and get out of trouble. After all, he'd only meant to use the toilet. He wasn't involved in, in, whatever this was.

dαnnч, dσn't чσu knσw thαt чσu αrє cσσl αs ******** σn thє ínsídє?
                                                      чσu'rє just gσíng thrσugh αn αwkwαrd phαsє frσm 12 tσ 29
                                                      dαnnч, dσn't чσu knσw thαt єvєrчσnє fєєls wєírd σn thє ínsídє?
                                                      dαnnч, dσn't чσu knσw? dαnnч, dσn't чσu knσw? dαnnч, dσn't чσu knσw?

wнere - Dungeon Stairs
                                                      wнen - Sorting Feast 2051
                                                      wιтн - Aire
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:50 pm

User Image✶☁

Aire landed with a soft thump, the spell cushioning her feet. She tucked her wand away and headed off to the dungeon stores, flipping her hair back like this was a perfectly normal way to descend the stairs. She was halfway down the hall to the storeroom when she heard steps racing down the stairs. Immediately, she ducked into an alcove before a voice called out.

Not a professor...a prefect?!! Aire had been hoping all the professors and prefects were already at the feast. Most of the ghosts she wasn’t worried about tattling--Sir Cadogan was another story, but she was fairly sure she hadn’t crossed his unfortunate path. The voice called out, closer, that they’d seen her jump the stairs and that she was going to be in trouble...if she didn’t go back to the feast. Aire grinned despite the pounding in her chest. She just had to get back to the feast, right? And if she could do it without them knowing--why, that would be the grandest perfect crime. Challenge accepted.

Aire took stock of where she was. Maybe she could cut through the classrooms and stores, wait him out, and sneak over from the other side. Maybe she could cause a distraction and lure the prefect away from the stairs. Ooh, what if she could ...string a pulley system up to the top of the stairs! She was sure she could find something heavy enough to use as a counterweight…or maybe just...make a counterweight.

Welp, why not. Aire took her shoes and tie quietly off, tied them together, and took a deep breath. Maybe if she didn’t make a sound the prefect would continue on way. Maybe she could outwait him. Or maybe he’d come this way and she could just...dodge him. Alright prefect, your move.

setting 1 September, 2051. Stairs up/down from the Dungeons. || with Pls don't be a mean prefect
status Escape the Prefect without being noticed

Dig beneath the surface
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
☁✶

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceAusten strained his ears, hoping to catch some hint of... whoever it was, that he'd followed. He tried to think about the girls in Gryffindor, but he'd not paid them much mind and had no clue who she was. He hadn't exactly gotten a good look, either. Huffing, he debated with himself; he could continue to look for her, or just go back to the feast. But... he was already pretty well set on this action, truth be told. And it was more interesting than the feast. He chewed his lip for a moment, then nodded to himself.

spaceAlright, she can't have gotten far, right? He hadn't heard much noise, so either she was very good at sneaking, or she was hiding. Granted, it was pretty dark down here... He took out his wand, casting a quick 'lumos' to shine some light on the corridors. Not a lot, because they were large and very dark, but some. He started to walk, then thought the better of it. This wasn't his first rodeo, so to speak. He'd learned a lot, mostly from Andi, about being sneaky. He could probably out-sneak her. Probably. He didn't make a habit of doing anything like that, really, but he knew the principle. He set his wand down briefly, then took his shoes off. After some hesitation, he stuffed them in his pockets, thankful that they were deep enough that the shoes fit. It was uncomfortable, but he didn't want to lose them. They were new.

spaceStanding back up with his wand in hand, he started down the corridor. He found himself glad he was in Ravenclaw, and not Slytherin or Hufflepuff. It was a bit... eerie, down here, at night. He'd wonder how Ada could stand it, except she was a vampire so eerie probably came with the territory. Frowning, he hoped he could find his classmate soon. He didn't want to miss dinner, and he kind of wanted to get out of here.

spaceAusten started down the corridor, wand held aloft, eyes roaming the halls for nooks and crannies she could be hiding in. He moved quickly, but quietly, and found himself wishing he had on thicker socks. Eventually, he turned a corner, and started down another corridor. This time, however, when he turned to shine his light on one of the outcroppings of stone, he found himself face-to-face with the girl (and couldn't quite remember her name. It was very Celtic, as he recalled? But he had no clue what it was). He wasn't able to keep the smirk off his face, looking more like his father than he ever had in his life.
                                                      "Found you," he stated smugly. "Whatever you're up to, just forget it, we're going back to the feast." This, he attempted to infuse with some level of authority, but was pretty sure it fell flat. He wasn't exactly used to being listened to, so it sounded more like a question than anything else. Hopefully she'd just accept that she'd been caught and come quietly, so to speak.

wнere - Dungeon Stairs
                                                      wιтн - Aire
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 pm

User Image✶☁

Aire froze, eyes wide in panic. Firstly, she’d gotten caught? Secondly, she was caught! Thirdly, maybe it was just because there were no boys their age on the crew of the Solus and she was never this close to anyone, but this boy was really pretty. Hold up a minute--this was Austen Masters!

Generally, Duanaire was remarkably good at not knowing people’s names. But this was Austen Masters, son of the James Masters on the Montrose Magpies. Even with practice and yelling calls across the Pitch every week, it had taken a year and an accident for Aire to have a conversation with Maya. Of all the people in the school, Aire had known this boy’s face and name from the first time it was called in roll 8am Potions I. It had been a boasting point (and maybe like 40% of why she actually went to all her classes.) She saw him a few times when she went for Adventurer’s Guild one-shot nights, but generally Aire tried to be very forgettable.

Austen was smirking, and it felt for a second like she was being questioned by James Masters himself if she was going back to the Feast. Aire nodded rapidly, then shook her head: ”Nope! No, Not up to anything! Um. Feast. Right. Okay?” She squeaked. Another wide-eyed nod, but she didn’t move because he didn’t move and there was a light and she was still frozen with her tie and flats in one hand and her wand in the other. She glanced down before realizing he wasn’t wearing shoes either. Was this a thing now? What was she doing with her shoes again? After a bit of back and forth glancing between the face and the socks, Aire decided against putting on her own shoes and crept back the direction of the stairs.

”Um. Did you chase me down the stairs?” she asked nervously. She wasn't sure if he was going to take points away or something. Could third years even be prefects? That was just what happened when you were a Masters though, right? They were all pretty incredible. ”What were you doing in the hallway anyways?”

Better question: Whyintheworldwasshestilltalking??!! Shut up, shut up!

setting 1 September, 2051. Stairs up/down from the Dungeons. || with Austen Masters
status Mission faile--what do I say to him??!!!

Dig beneath the surface
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
☁✶

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceAusten's eyes narrowed as the girl declared her innocence, obviously not buying it. What, did she think he was an idiot? "Right, because people always sneak out of the feast and literally jump down a staircase when they're up to nothing," he said sarcastically. "Seriously, what were you doing? Some insane prank on the Slytherins or something?" They were the only ones who were likely to be down here tonight, after all. Well, them and the potions professors. He paused. "Or the Potions professors? Do not prank Professor Whitethorne. Whatever you do." Partially because she didn't deserve it, but also partially because she was absolutely terrifying when she was mad. Austen had never seen it, of course, but he'd heard stories. He tended to believe those stories.

spaceHe really shouldn't care so much, except now if she came back and attempted whatever it was, he'd feel like... like an accessory, or something. Maybe he should just tell one of the professors he'd caught her down here, so that she had to give up. Except he didn't want to get her in trouble for something she hadn't even actually done. That would suck. And be kind of horrible of him. He wasn't that much of a stick in the mud, thanks. He mulled it over as they started back towards the stairs.

spaceHe blinked incredulously at her questions, pausing for a moment in his walking before he got over the surprise and followed.
                                                      "If you mean, did I jump over the railing like a lunatic, no," Austen said dryly. "You scared me half to death, by the way, I thought I was gonna find you injured or worse at the bottom. So, thanks for the heart attack." He glared at her. "And I went to use the loo, was coming out and about to head back inside the Great Hall when I saw you sneaking off. Figured you'd be long gone by the time I could get an actual authority figure, so I followed." He huffed. Then, after a pause, with slightly pinkened cheeks, he asked, "What's your name, anyway?"

spaceAs soon as he asked, he felt like both a prat, and an idiot. He'd been threatening to get her in trouble, he shouldn't have let on that he didn't know her name. Then again, he could just as easily point her out to the professors if they asked who he was talking about. They had lessons together, after all. But he'd been in those lessons with her for two years now, so not knowing her name was probably a pretty bad look. "Sorry, just, I don't really, uh. Pay attention to anyone but my friends." He winced. That was lame, and he knew it. Not an excuse. He was a jerk. She probably thought he was a jerk. Great.

wнere - Dungeon Stairs
                                                      wιтн - Aire
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:32 am

User Image✶☁

Not surprisingly, Austen didn’t buy her story. Usually Aire was much better thought out than this and would have a dozen excuses. That was a lie, she had two, and she’d never gotten caught to use the third. But all that had flown straight out the brain-hole.

”Uhm. Prank. Yes. Checking on a prank. Not preparing! Just. Checking? On the Potions Storeroom.” she replied, her already airy voice just above a whisper. He warned her not to prank Professor Whitethorne and Aire had to pause, wondering if Professor Whitethorne was their Professor Potions or the new one they had this year. Or another professor. Did it matter if the prank was already done? ”Why? Is Professor-- uhm, are they really mean? We didn’t get caught--at least I don’t think--”

Shutupshutup
. She realized she’d just given away that she had a collaborator in this prank, and she didn’t know who Professor Whitethorne was, and good spirits of water drown me now, he must think I’m an idiot.

Still, Aire cracked a small grin when Austen sarcastically mentioned she’d been scared half to death by jumping off the railing. She got that a lot at home. Then he glared and she went back to being a fearful fish-faced. ”Oh, um, it’s okay really? I’ve done that jump a hundred times. Er. Maybe not a hundred. I only figured it out last year. It’s the fastest way to get down. Really it’s fine?”

She wasn’t sure yet if she would get in bigger trouble for being dishonest or talking too much, but at least thus far, Austen seemed more keen on talking than assigning detention or running off to get a teacher. She shifted nervously, when he said he’d followed only because it’d be faster than getting an authority figure. Then, after a pause, he asked for her name, and even apologized for not paying attention. ”Oh no, it’s okay! I have trouble with names too. I only know you because. um--” Aire looked shiftily away, unsure how to summarize the amount of celebration his parents got on the ship. There was the Quidditch thing, there was the publishing thing-- Aire had basically internalized that anyone called Masters was literally a celebrity. Just because she saw him in class every day and shared a common room with Maya didn’t mean it didn’t stop blowing her mind. ”Anyways! I’m Aire. Um. but the teachers know me as Duanaire.”

Ah, damnit. She shouldn’t have said that. If she hadn’t said anything he wouldn’t have been able to report her, right? She felt like points off or detention or whatever was inevitable now, which sucked, but she needed to keep Harmony out of trouble. Scarlet with embarrassment already, Aire stopped by the foot of the stairs with a deep breath, pointing up: ”Um... If I show you how I jumped down, can we not mention this to an...'authority figures'?”

setting 1 September, 2051. Stairs up/down from the Dungeons. || with Austen Masters
status stoptalkingalready

Dig beneath the surface
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
☁✶

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceAusten's steps faltered as he had to resist the urge to stop outright and go bang his head on a wall. Well, at least she was honest. Kind of. He let out a long, dramatic sigh, then asked, "Alright, I'll bite. What did you do?" Maybe, if Ada was warned about... whatever it was, she wouldn't get as mad. She had a pretty good sense of humor, he thought. He didn't really know how Ada-his-mum's-best-friend compared to Potions-mistress-Professor-Whitethorne, though. "Professor Whitethorne's great," he said, trying to sound reassuring, because she did sound a little freaked out. He mostly just came off as exasperated, probably. "Uh. I guess. I haven't had her as a professor, obviously, she teaches Potions 4 through 7. But, she's my mum's best friend, basically."

spaceWell. Good thing he didn't mind sounding like a nerd, because "my mother is best friends with the teacher" certainly sounded incredibly nerdy. He shook his head. "Anyway, she's fine. Just. From what I hear, she can get a bit... intense? when she's mad." Was "intense" the right word? He'd heard Andi say that it was like she'd found a way to weaponize "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed." That sounded pretty badass, honestly. He hoped he never witnessed it firsthand.

spaceHe scowled at the girl when she waved off his concerns about her literally jumping off the top of a staircase.
                                                      "Yeah, that's great, except I didn't know that! What would you think, if you came around a corner looking for someone you only kind-of recognized from lessons, and saw them taking a ruddy swan dive?" He rolled his eyes. "I mean, fair enough, you didn't know I was following you, but still! Anyone could've seen that, you know." Did she pull this kind of stuff when people were watching? Did she have a reputation around school for daredevil stunts, which he was oblivious to due to not paying attention to gossip and not knowing her name?

spaceOf course, her attempt to make him feel better about forgetting (not knowing?) her name backfired slightly, if only because it reminded him of his status as famous-by-association.
                                                      "Because I'm James Masters' kid, I'm guessing," he snorted, rolling his eyes a little. "It's fine, you know. I'm used to it, I've been his kid my whole life." After a pause, his expression shifted to a slightly wicked grin. "It's better for me than it was for my cousins, at least. Or, well. Just Vince, really. Andi's into Quidditch, so she liked the attention. Vince hated everything to do with Quidditch, though, so he basically spent his entire time at school yelling at people not to talk to him about it. He refused to even go to games out of spite." Austen shrugged. "I dunno. I just don't care about it either way. I take after my mum, mostly. We like books."

spaceHe mentally filed away her name, silently congratulating himself for being right about it being something Celtic. Gaelic? Well, somewhere in that non-English-but-from-the-Isles family. At her attempt at negotiating, he fought the urge not to snort again. He didn't want her to think he was making fun of her. "I'll pass on the jump. Seeing you do it once was enough excitement for me for one night, no offense." He paused, then, somewhat reluctantly, said, "As long as the prank was harmless and you're not up to anything truly nefarious, I'll keep shtum." Well, she didn't seem like someone he needed to worry about, really. Except in the 'worried she's going to try some insane stunt and break something important' kind of way. Were they friends now? Should he be worried about her like that? Well, he would worry about anybody hurting themselves. Just, now he was worried about her, specifically.

wнere - Dungeon Stairs
                                                      wιтн - Aire
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

addaellis

The Dungeon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers