Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm going to become a monk. Or something.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm
Technology hates me. Like hardcore hates me.

My car has already been in the shop this semester. Got a s**t ton done to it. Then my laptop starts freezing on me. Rebuilding it does nothing. And it's a ******** Mac, so even Macs hate me.

I get a new one. I precede to somehow type the password to the laptop wrong twice in the same way. I lock myself out. Have to get the place to unlock it. Go back to my house. Two days later, my car decides it's time for its check engine light to go on.

Just in time for me to have to take it in when I have a midterm to study for and several assignments to pump out.

Me and tech are not friends right now.
Car and laptop, you need to hold out longer.

Car is old, but car needs to get the ******** over it and work.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm
This is one of the many reasons why I don't have either of those.  

Gresley Toombs

Super Survivor

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm
ಠ_ಠ AHH YOU'RE A TECH VAMPIRE! STAY AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER!

*flail*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:39 pm
Well, I need both for school. Being without a laptop would be shitty with school, and the public transportation here isn't quite so great. I'd at least drive my car less if I could.

@Juni
I know. DX
But, if it helps, the car is like 9 years old.
And it's probably the last old spark plug equivalent for VW that needs to be replaced (hopefully). I had the first two replaced at the end of the summer, so it might be the other one.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:48 pm
My car is 17 years old. Your car has no excuses. Whip that lazy b*****d into shape. D:<  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:56 pm
CLEARLY your property has been annexed by the Wizarding World, thus rendering electronics useless.

Doesn't ANYONE read Hogwarts: A History, anymore?

Nexus Carbuncle

Icicle The Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:55 pm
Nexus Carbuncle
CLEARLY your property has been annexed by the Wizarding World, thus rendering electronics useless.

Doesn't ANYONE read Hogwarts: A History, anymore?

This. This is what I agree with.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:50 am
Three times last year I had my computer go shitshow on me, and once was for a month and a half while I had to deal with Dell tech support (FYI for everyone, don't buy a dell if you expect to actually get stuff done. Or, if it goes bad and you can't fix it yourself, don't start with their tech support or you'll just end up buying a new comp anyway). And the one thing I learned from it all was get on campus early and know where all of the public use/school student use computers are on your campus. Here, one of our libraries and a center in the res hall area have computers that you can log into with a school ID and pass, and then there's 2 centers in the campus center area and some of the individual colleges have their own also. So while your computers being fixed, schedule permitting you can get to campus early and stay late, and hopefully be able to get most of your schoolwork done. As for the car, I can't help. :[ However, I might recommend no matter how shitty the public transport is, at least figure out the quickest route to/from your campus, along with the costs so you have it as an emergency back up.  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:38 pm
Szen
My car is 17 years old. Your car has no excuses. Whip that lazy b*****d into shape. D:<
Yours just likes you more to have lived that long. This one is mean.

@Nexus
How could I have been so stupid?

@Fuji
Yeah. I was planning to do the on campus computer stuff if I had to.
The car is good now. I just had to get a flow plug replaced. But I should probably figure out the bus schedule as just in case type thing. I'm not even sure it goes by our house. I know it goes to the university, but from where, I have no idea.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games