Submit

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:44 pm
ok, so this idiot on youtube has been harassing me for like a WEEK, he thinks that pet cats should get a vasectomy instead of neutering, I pointed out that if that happened, the hormones would still be there, thus the cat would still fight a lot, and would still run off, and spray, and he (?) thinks that its better for them to do that, then he started putting words in my mouth, and whenever I call him on his crap, he doesn't mention it, he just keeps attacking me, he thinks its better to get them a vasectomy and then put them outside to just get in fights and crap gonk (sorry guys, just needed a good rant) I mean, I understand how maybe with like WILD cats, feral ones, the extra testosterone might be good, but not for house cats that are indoor cats! UGH!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 am
More importantly, the risk for prostate cancer would still exist. One of the best advantages in neutering is taking away the risk of prostate cancer.

But ya, hormones still there, male cats will still fight, and still spray. But hey, I guess that's up to the owner. I mean, not every cat fights, and not every cat sprays. I'm just not entirely sure how they do vasectomies. I've never heard of vets doing them. The cost would be a lot more since it's not routine, which also means the risk would go up.

We neuter all the ferals we get. And ID the males by shaving the tales and the females with an ear tattoo. (so not to open up a cat that's already been neutered. )  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:56 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
More importantly, the risk for prostate cancer would still exist. One of the best advantages in neutering is taking away the risk of prostate cancer.

But ya, hormones still there, male cats will still fight, and still spray. But hey, I guess that's up to the owner. I mean, not every cat fights, and not every cat sprays. I'm just not entirely sure how they do vasectomies. I've never heard of vets doing them. The cost would be a lot more since it's not routine, which also means the risk would go up.

We neuter all the ferals we get. And ID the males by shaving the tales and the females with an ear tattoo. (so not to open up a cat that's already been neutered. )

Shaving the tails?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:53 am
Funklepuss
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Shaving the tails?

lol, we just shave a spot around their tail. Helps to keep track of them at least for a few months. With adult males you can tell by the testicles wether they've been done. The females have to be tattooed or we might open them up again for nothing.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:20 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

I know, but un-neutered males have a higher chance at spraying and fighting due to the hormones, but, he doesn't care about the cancer, he doesn't care at all, I told him that its safer at home, and neutering helps keep them home (not ALWAYS but its better than having them run off for mating) and I mentioned cars, predators, humans who abuse them, and he was pretty much just like....well if they get killed so be it, we should punish the humans for abusing them, not mutilate the cats, he just isnt getting it, even though I have told him MANY times that its just flat out safer for them, UGH, pretty much his ONLY excuses for being anti neuter is that he wont have the muscle mass, well, indoor cats dont NEED a ton of muscle, and he said it messes them up and makes them have memory problems, whatever, my cat does tricks lol the other excuse is he cant have sex, well, a cat that has never had it wont miss it, he also thinks that veterinarians sell their excess drugs to druggies, I was like not mine.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games