So I just got back from Yaoi-con and it was officially announced that Viz Media is starting a yaoi line called "SuBLime" and I can't freaking wait for it. They have teamed up with Animate which is the parent company for Libre, which encase you didn't know, is the biggest BL publisher in Japan.

You can read about all the releases here.
But the main highlights are:
1)They saved "Sex Pistols" ie "Love pistol" from Blu
2) Three Wolves Mountain is being published (well I guess that's only important to the Naono Boura fangirls like me btw)
3) It wasn't officially said, but there was a video from Youka Nitta about working with Viz, so it is highly implied they're planing to save "Haru wo Diate Ita" ie "Embacing Love" from BeBeautiful.

Because they have this contact will Libre they are going to be able to bring better and more BL titles here the ever before. They are going to release a lot of series in digitally either buy to own or to read on the site for only $5.99 and there printed books will be listed at $12.99.

I am so excited about this (and I just can't hide it) and part of my excitement come from the fact that the 2 ladies at the panel who are running Sublime weren't just corporate people, they were fujoushi (BL fans) they seemed like know and love the product they putting out as much as we do, and were very interested in what the readers wants. I'm also excited because I feel like I am apart of an older demographic of yaoi reader in their late twenties who want a little bit more out of a BL manga than school boy fluff with no plot. Not to say I don't like school boys cause I love "Boukiyou na Silent" and stories that have a little twist, but sometimes when it comes to school boys I feel like I've read the same story 10 times, just with different characters and art style. I've gotten really picky about what I buy over the years and have noticed that some of the titles out now, that I probably would have loved when I was 18, don't give me the same enjoyment. Also Naono Boura is my favorite manga-ka and has a decent sized following in the states, but I know June would never publish her because, although to me her artwork is beautiful, she doesn't draw typical bishounen and most of her couples involve an older uke and younger seme, which is not what the average 18 year old wants to see. I feel like Sublime understands this is happening and wants to try to give my demographic and the up and coming demographic of BL readers more mature books to chose from, not just in sexual aspect but really more mature in the contents of the story itself.

I really am curious what other yaoi-fans think about this launch, so lets discuss. ^^