Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply TekTek [[For All Your Avatars and Dreams]]
HALLOWEEN TEK TEK CONTEST-FINALLLSSSS!!!--READ FIRST POST!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm
User Image

1st Place-50K

2nd Place-30K

3rd Place-15K

4th Place-5K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, thanks everyone for participating in our contest. We have made a decision to go through with VOTING. Here is how everything will be organized, so pay attention closely. There are forty-two entries total. There will be FIVE ROUNDS of voting. THREE of the rounds will contain 10 entries, with the TWO who have received the most votes advancing to the finals in each round. TWO ROUNDS will include 6 entries, with ONE going to the Finals for each round. That's 8 total finalists.

3 rounds with 2 finalists per round= 6 and 2 rounds with one finalist per round is 2, equaling 8. Just breaking down the math for everyone. We will only go one round at a time, obviously. Gaia polls only allow ten options.

The Final Round will determine which four will place.

To ensure fairness with how your entries are placed in the round, I have done two things. I have organized your entries (if you made 2) together. I will be doing a Random Number roll (one through forty-two) to select the 10 participants for one round, then the other, the other, then the six and the six. This will be completely random, so no one will be able to say they were grouped unfairly. You may ask "Well, what if both my entries are in one round with superior looking avatars, or two superb looking avatars are in one round?" I've addressed this problem by the following: No two entries of the same user will be allowed to be in one round. If the roll gives subsequent numbers (2, followed by 3, for instance), I will go back in the records and check if they both belong to the same user. If they do, I will roll again. If by some mishap both avatars of your ended up in one round, then let me know, but if I checked this thread again and saw you were lying, you'd be disqualified. So I'm sure no one would do that.

Obviously there will be ten and six per round, and for confirmation I will roll in this thread for everyone to see, so until we get ten unique rolls I will not hold the round. That won't take long to do, though. The 1-42 will eventually become 1-32 (allowing me to pick from the next 32), one from 22, 12, and the final 6 won't need a roll. So don't worry, it's all covered. As far as who's eliminated and proceeding to the next rounds, I will have all of that in my records, so do not worry. I do not foresee me making a mistake, but you know, be your own advocate in the sense that if you see something wrong, then address your concern.

As far as voting fairness, for the sake of sportsmanship--do not vote for yourself, please. It's slightly unfair, for a number of reasons, and it's not a Presidential Election or such, so there's not really a reason to vote for yourself. The only fair thing would be for everyone or no one to vote for themselves, and not everyone is going to vote for themselves, so you skew the voting if you do, so please don't. Also, in a round you aren't in, take the time to vote for someone's who you really like. Everyone has a fair say in who they vote for. Do not vote for someone else instead of the person you think is better because they may eventually compete against your avatar. That's unsportsmanlike, unethical, and wrong. The whole point of this contest is that the best avatars win. Don't corrupt the voting, please. If you are so worried a beautiful avatar will eventually compete against yours, don't vote against them. Just simply don't vote at all. However, you should try to participate in the rounds you're not in so we can obtain a large voting sample and give fair opportunity to everyone in the contest. HAVE FUN, GUYS! VOTE FOR WHO YOU LIKE! biggrin ANYONE CAN VOTE! One more thing, though: DO NOT HAVE YOUR FRIENDS COME IN AND VOTE FOR YOU. This is not the Avatar Arena. It's a guild contest. I apologize for the breadth of information you had to read and anything you thought was extraneous information, but I wanted to make everything lucidly evident as far as the details/process of everything. (I'm sure many didn't get through all of this or didn't even read, so big kudos to you)

KEEP ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PAGE, AS IT WILL BE UPDATED.
*points to first round entries which eventually will be 2nd round, 3rd, etc*
I will update the title of the thread too, but be on the look-out.

WE WILL START VOTING SOON--OR IT WILL BE UNDERWAY! DICE ROLLS WILL BE SOON (or already done)...*d**k sticks roll*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 pm
The Rules

User Image

Okay my little pretties! You want to play, don't you? First, just browse through these quick set of rules, and you'll be on your flying way!

-Only 2 entries per player

-Please be respectful to all players

-Original ideas. Please submit your entry in the thread so I can update it here on the first page.

-No smoking, drinking, or flash photography allowed unless it is Halloween Night. biggrin

Let's carve those avatars! http://www.tektek.org/

Dream Free allows item layering. Just remove the items first.
http://www.tektek.org/dream/dream_canvas.php?freelayer&avatar=1668351  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:34 pm
WINNERS

1.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:08 am
My two entries. emotion_c8 Thank you for making a contest for Halloween!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

MagiPuff

Shirtless Citizen

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:32 pm
Oh, you're welcome, dear! Thank you for participating xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 pm
My Two Entries

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x3 i wuvvles tektek. it so amazing. lol anyways. thanks for making the contest  

Truthful Cliches

Beloved Prophet

7,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100

melon mew

Lonely Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:44 pm
tektek is down right now. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Here is my two. :3 <3

Ziriah Elizibeth

Likewise Borne

Mewling Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My two entries! Please and thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm
I love Halloween.

Avi 1:

ThePandaParadox

Unbeatable Entrepreneur

6,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Wolf McNugget

Destitute Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:16 pm
My entry. only one i want. xD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:25 pm
Here are my entries..

oO Lorelei Oo

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

II S T A R L I N G II

Gracious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 pm
:] My entries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:51 pm
User Image  

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

-Jacksteer-

Sparkly Fatcat

15,225 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm
Heres mine.

TekTek [[For All Your Avatars and Dreams]]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff