82%  [ 34 ]
Other? Post below?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:21 pm
I don't know about the other colorists, I don't think any of them have posted, but I haven't suggested in any way that I take offense.

My entire point is that unedited soq have just as much a chance for being rolled in the mixer as anyone else does. They're all in the same list.

As for CCs, Juls had a couple of unedited soqs in her CC couples.

CC, Colorist choice, will always come down to what the colorist wants to do. If I do a half CC and happen to roll something in insane edits, I'll likely pick an unedited to tone it down. If I'm scraped for time, I might pick straight unedited couples, but it's still my choice.

There are already unedited exclusive slots in normal breeding raffles, and it DOES give them a slight edge over edited/open slots. To suggest we continue that into event breeding raffles, that seems a little unfair, don't you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:47 pm
Imma only put 2 cents in because I love you dearly.

There are two sides to every coin, on one side, with the amount of people who want a breeding/custom/whathaveyou in this shop compared to the amount of colorists, is insane. So when they have to make more and more individualized slots for every thing that comes up, that is probably going to be a lot more stressful than it needs to be, just based on the very nature of supply and demand. You know I'm a colorist in several shops, and you know how insanely stressed I get when I have customs or breedings. Because SOMEONE always ends up unhappy. Each time I do something, someone sadly has to be upset or point fingers. I can only imagine what the colorists here have seen or had to endure to appease people. To keep limiting and limiting, will only make others angry or say, "well you do that but not this!" And there is more of a chance for random happenings that will only make colorists burnt out or unhappy.

To make this a tl;dr I have an example. My boy Chogan from here is lightly edited. There are no slots for lightly edited? What if 25234234 of people who had "lightly edited" wanted slots. Now granted that's a hyperbolic statement, but I'm sure when a shop risks to individualize slots, especially of this ones size, it runs a chance of happening. Chance, mind you.

On the other side, people seem to favor edits, and those with unedits sometimes have trouble finding mates/flings ect. So having CC unedits would help in finding mates/flings for those otherwise incapable. But should that really be the colorists' job? To further support your point, CC means colorist choice. So if there happened to be 2 different kinds of CC where colorists could partake if they wanted, or not if they didn't with both edits and unedits, that's great. However, what if as someone already pointed out, wanted to pair their unedit with an edit? Now that option is barred.

I know I'm not working in your favor here, but I can relate to how colorists see this. Some may go out of their way to CC unedits with unedits, but again, that is their choice. Some may not. It's to appease the masses vs appease the few.

Sorry wife, I do love you dearly.  

Akira-Kisho

Shameless Man-Lover

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:02 pm
Akira-Kisho

I actually do lightly edited slots in my breedings on occasion. =D Depends how busy I am that month.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:04 pm
Beejoux

X'DDDD That's so funny.
You made my point invalid! Oh well <3

No I didn't! I'm the only one that does it, and I only do it on occasion.
You're point is still incredibly valid. It's an official slot.  

Akira-Kisho

Shameless Man-Lover

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:12 pm
Akira-Kisho
Beejoux

X'DDDD That's so funny.
You made my point invalid! Oh well <3

You're point is still incredibly valid. It's an not official slot.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm
Beejoux

Hahaha! Yay for incredibly valid point!  

Akira-Kisho

Shameless Man-Lover

Agneza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:34 pm
Oh com on. Please leave CC alone as they are. Leave us this small piece that we can use to do what ever we want and get away with it!! crying
Damn it we deserve it!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:09 pm
Ssssh. Calm down now Neza.

Ahem, now to translate that, yes, PLEASE leave CCs alone.
They are the only thing us colorists can cling to and call our own right now.

It seems like every time we do a CC someone has to make a suggestion or complain about something, whether is be how we handle is, who got CC'd and what type of pets/couples got CCd.

They are called colorist choice for a reason. They are OUR choice. We do what WE feel like doing at that time. We choose what inspires US. If we keep breaking down how CCs are done they will no longer be called Colorist Choice.
They will be more like "Colorist choice with customer input, why don't you just kill us already!"

Please, CCs are meant to be fun for us.

We do what the RNG tells us to do for Customs.
We do what the RNG tells us to do for Breedings.
We do what you tell us to do for Semi-custom games.
We do what the higher ups tell us to do, and what you guys suggest event wise.

Please leave the one thing that is completely ours, besides the Master CC breeding list, ours.

Thank you.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Agneza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 am
Don't worry Riri I was just joking. wink
I still love all these wonderful customers.

But yea base point of CC slots is that they are colorist friendly, not customer friendly.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:31 am
Cc means colorists choice
Not Colorists category choice.
That would be way to many C's to fling around!

Lol but no really.

They work under a lot of restrictions and prolly do a few breedings and sqouilli they would really rather not all the time.

If they wanna have fun with their job every so offten by golly gumdrops let them and don't ask them to restrict what little freedom they have.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 am
I'd like to offer my own two cents here surprised

If(Massive emphasis on 'if') there ever IS an 'unedited' category in Mixers, it could be like any OTHER category - Only included on the whim of the POSTING colorist, and then the others edit in their name only if they WISH to. And then if it IS included, three lists made(Pain in the arse, I know, but...) - An Unedited list, Edited list, and then a master list where all the Soquili are listed together. Or, a notation by each Soquili in male/female lists of U or E, Unedited or Edited, whichever the colorists may find easier to do and less time consuming.

Or, an option on the forms for unedited Soquili for people who want an unedited Mixer partner. I know for me... I really don't particularly care if my Soquili are matched with other unedited(All but two of my Soquili are unedited), or edited Soquili(Two, and minorly). heart But there may be people in the community who DO mind having edited Soquili, and may want their Soquili to find a mixer partner who's also not edited surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:23 am
You know, you guys could make everyone happy by just choosing EVERY CC request, and work your lives off doing them all...

Anyway, All kidding aside, I agree with what all of the staff has posted. Let it truly be 100% CC with NO limitations. The big thing we face is supply vs demand. No one will ever be 100% satisfied (aside from me that is, wink ) with how anything is done in the shop. Staff here work there asses off with how big of a shop this is, and even when a huge event is going on, I truly don't feel they get enough thanks or payment for all they do for this shop.

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:27 pm
Beejoux
As for Unedited CCs.

I can see where this could be a good idea. But this has been said before, so I'll say it again. CC is Colorist Choice. If we start putting restrictions or exceptions on them then they cease to be CC and become just another slot.

IAWTC  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces