Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Hey Teacher Leave Those Kids Alone! [[The School forum for all your woes, loves and hates]]
Time for a tutor???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a tutor?
  Yes
  No, I dont need one.
  I think it's stupid to have one
View Results

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm
This is my first year of high school. So far, its been pretty cool (no rhyme intended) but now Im in Spanish II. I didnt want to be in Spanish II, I wanted to be in Chinese. But there wasnt enough room for me cauz that class fills up FAST! Last years, Spanish was a little easy for me, so maybe thats why Im this class. Im only taking this class because it will look good on a college application. Im scared if I transfer that Spanish I will be to easy so it looks like a tutor is the only option left. I feel stupid even thinking about getting one. I have a B in Spanish but I hardly understand any of it. I look at my paper, and its like trying to read frikking Pig Latin!!!!! HELP!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:27 pm
P.S
Its only my homework thats really keeping me afloat and projects (only 2 so far...)
My parents arnt helping much and I am studying my a** off for tests and stuff.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm
Sorry it took a while for a reply. Doesn't it suck learning foreign language in schools sometimes, especially when you may not? have a good teacher?

Anyway, I have a thread in the main forum called the "Pimsleur Language Approach", with a link that contains a presentation. You can look at it, and I don't know if the presentation would convince you, but just throwing that out there.

I think if you're serious about learning Spanish, you should hire a tutor. If you are continuing to stay afloat with a "B" and think you can continue to do so, then don't because it would probably be a waste of money unless you are somewhat passionate about the language. What college(s) would you want to attend? If your other grades are decent, a "B" will just create a neutralized or positive effect. There is also the option if you have a friend in that class who knows it well to see if they can help show you the ropes.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 pm
Blind Blindness
Sorry it took a while for a reply. Doesn't it suck learning foreign language in schools sometimes, especially when you may not? have a good teacher?

Anyway, I have a thread in the main forum called the "Pimsleur Language Approach", with a link that contains a presentation. You can look at it, and I don't know if the presentation would convince you, but just throwing that out there.

I think if you're serious about learning Spanish, you should hire a tutor. If you are continuing to stay afloat with a "B" and think you can continue to do so, then don't because it would probably be a waste of money unless you are somewhat passionate about the language. What college(s) would you want to attend? If your other grades are decent, a "B" will just create a neutralized or positive effect. There is also the option if you have a friend in that class who knows it well to see if they can help show you the ropes.

I mainly want to become a writer. Im only taking this class because it will look good on a college application. I dont even want to take Spanish really; I signed up for Chinese (I really want to take Japanese and maybe Latin even though its hard as hell to learn) If you havnt guessed, my school's language department is minimal -_-'''  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:39 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

I mainly want to become a writer. Im only taking this class because it will look good on a college application. I dont even want to take Spanish really; I signed up for Chinese (I really want to take Japanese and maybe Latin even though its hard as hell to learn) If you havnt guessed, my school's language department is minimal -_-'''

I see. Well, as I said, there's a link in the Main Forum with a presentation. It very well might not be helpful, and you do have to pay, but just saying. It's worth taking a look at it. It is a tad long, though.

Learning Spanish would be helpful, especially if you live in a Latin community. However, as you've stated that you don't really want to take Spanish, you can either continue working like you are now or ask for a classmate's help or someone you know who knows Spanish. It doesn't seem like there's much else that can be done. If you're getting a decent grade and don't want to sweat, then don't. It's okay. Most colleges won't frown too much on a B, and I suppose it looks good on your transcript, though I also have the feeling they overstate that fact because they want you to learn a foreign language. Anyway, it's your choice how you want to proceed.

Sorry you didn't get Chinese. =[  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

I see. Well, as I said, there's a link in the Main Forum with a presentation. It very well might not be helpful, and you do have to pay, but just saying. It's worth taking a look at it. It is a tad long, though.

Learning Spanish would be helpful, especially if you live in a Latin community. However, as you've stated that you don't really want to take Spanish, you can either continue working like you are now or ask for a classmate's help or someone you know who knows Spanish. It doesn't seem like there's much else that can be done. If you're getting a decent grade and don't want to sweat, then don't. It's okay. Most colleges won't frown too much on a B, and I suppose it looks good on your transcript, though I also have the feeling they overstate that fact because they want you to learn a foreign language. Anyway, it's your choice how you want to proceed.

Thanks. Ill see if it works out. So far: so good im pretty sure.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness

Thanks. Ill see if it works out. So far: so good im pretty sure.

smile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 pm
wait, your school has an OPTION?! dude, i have no choice but to learn spanish. its the only language my school offers, and 2 language courses are mandatory for graduation. I wanted to learn german because of how easy and similar it is to english, but nooooooo. apparently spanish is easier than german.....
then how come i know german a hell of a lot better than i know spanish after almost a semester of spanish class but only german music and no formal education on the language???
(ok, sorry rant over)
but seriously, if you feel you need a tutor, get one, most schools offer programs where kids who know it in higher grades than you or teachers themselves will tutor after school or during a free period.

trust me, its not glamorous to have a tutor, but even the smartest have their lows. *is a star history and literature student, but has Fs in math and chemistry*  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Povey98

6,150 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:29 am
We're not aloud to learn Spanish. We don't even get an option we hav to take French an Welsh (cuz we're from Wales if it wasn't obvious)  
Hey Teacher Leave Those Kids Alone! [[The School forum for all your woes, loves and hates]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games