[PRP] Even a Faun Needs a Home (Gulliver & Kishi) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 pm
With the selection of the fauns to help behind him it was time, at least in Gulliver's eyes, that he found a place to settle, after all he would definitely be sticking around this place. The male stands in the center of the Largest open area of the tree staring up towards the top, he wasn't 100% certain where to start, but he knew it had to be somewhere.

The male balled his hands into fists and put them on his hips causing his elbows to stick out, the bow settled on his back, the small sack of other items dangling from one hand.

Gulliver wasn't sure how exactly but he felt different from when he'd arrived to the tree the day of the summons. There was just something different in him, a sense of protectiveness that wasn't there before, a need to be close to his roots (no pun intended).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am
User ImageThe encroaching hurricane had the island nearly shut down, except for the fools who liked to risk their lives in horrible storms. Kishi liked to think she wasn't one of them, and the heavy winds and rough waters all around the tree had her scared. So she was preparing for the worst.

When the mellons that lived in Laisidhiel had started buzzing about the weather alert and the free sandbags, Kishi did not hesitate to claim some for herself. She had no idea what they would be used for, but apparently they were an important commodity during rough weather.

With a heavy sandbag in each hand, she dragged them all the way from the beach to Laisidhiel. It had taken her all day nearly and she was pretty exhausted. She had just crossed the threshold of the grand entrance and she dropped both bags for a small rest.

"Just a lil ways left, Kishi. Don't give up now." She rubbed her wrists in turn and stretched her arms out and across each other as if she was preparing for a race.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 am
Gulliver heard the thud of the sandbags hit the floor of the great tree and glanced over at the faun who stood between them. A brow raised, what on earth was she doing, and what was it exactly she was lugging around, they looked particularly heavy.

Letting his hands drop from his waist he turns and heads across the distance between them and stops shortly before her. "Need some help?" he offers, he was aware of the hurricane warning, he'd even heard rumors of fairies being helpful on the beach, but he'd not seen a sandbag for himself and thus was unaware of what it was exactly.

Finding a place to live could wait a few more minutes, he felt like offering his help to another, it wasn't like a few more hours would kill him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:25 am
Kishi had watched the faun approach her. She'd recognized him from the big meeting a few weeks ago. He was the new Captain of their Rangers, if she remembered right. The bow kinda gave it away, too. She watched his fancy antlers as he approached, thinking them to be rather pretty. She had sadly missed the swearing-in ceremony because of the difficult faerie she met in the ruins during her wife contest trials. She still didn't know who won it, and how.

She'd returned after the bonfire had been extinguished, a rainbow feather in her hands. All the faun had gone to sleep for the night, so she'd missed her chance to turn it in. So she kept the pretty feather she'd found on the ground instead.

"Ah, thank you, but I think I got it. I only have a short ways left to go," she told him, and pointed up to the second floor and one of the closed nook doors. "See, just to there."

She smiled and bowed her head to the faun. "Thank you for the offer though," she added cheerfully while holding her hand up to him. "I'm Kishi, by the way."

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:30 am
"All right, they look kinda heavy, what are they?" He questions tipping his head sideways slightly to look at the flopped over bag that rested on the floor by the female's feet and then to the door she pointed and back to her.

He pauses, and almost an afterthought since he was a little absentminded that day "I'm Gulliver" he takes her offered hand, "Nice ta meet you"

He glances briefly past her out the entrance inwardly shivering.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:38 am
After pulling her hand back, Kishi looks behind her to see what grabbed Gulliver's attention before she said anything. She assumed another Faun was coming, but it must have only been the storm.

"They are heavy. They're sandbags. The fairy weather forecast said they are for protection against the storm, so I had to get them. I got four of them, but they're heavier than they look, so I dropped two along the way. It was a long walk from that lake beach, fighting the wind and all. I will try to go back for the other two later after some rest, if the storm's not here yet." She spoke frankly, and ran a hand through her hair to try and get some of the water out.

She wiped her wet hands on her legs, which were also wet, but likely it gave her a sense of right, then knelt down to take a sandbag in each hand. "The storm is getting close, so if you need some, you might wanna hurry."

She is still rather tired and growing weak, so she drags the bags instead of carrying while she heads for the ramp to head up to the next floor. "It was good to meet ya, Gulliver." she said with a glance over her shoulder.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 am
Oh to hell with it, Gulliver could see these bags were not easy for the female to carry. She'd gotten maybe ten feet when he turned towards her once more and walked over moving to take the bags from her, if there wasn't a fight one would wind up on his shoulder opposite the bow, the other under his arm.

Lead on fair maiden, and he wasn't taking no for an answer. "I don't have any place to protect against the storm except Laisidhiel herself, so I shall endevour to help you protect yours for a few minutes." he nods and smiles.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:51 am
Kishi froze for a few seconds while Gulliver took her bags from her. He did that as if they weighed nothing so she was a lil in awe. She raised a hand and opened her mouth to protest, but no words came out.

Instead, she giggled at his words. He spoke so formally and it was funny, but fascinating to her. He spoke like the brave protectors in her storybooks.

"You have a place to protect. The whole Tree!" She grinned raised her arms above her head for dramatic effect to emphasize she really meant the whole Tree. In case he didn't get it.

"Thank you for the help." She wasn't going to turn it down if he insisted. But it was her habit to turn down assistance when offered, especially if she was able to do it herself. But when others insisted, she let them. "It's just over there." she pointed again to her door and walked up the ramp. Her nook was on the opposite side of the tree from the entrance, so they'd need to walk half the length of the walkway.

"Which one is yours?" she asked, completely missing what he'd meant about not having a place to protect.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:55 am
He laughs "Yes I help protect all of Laisidhiel but that's besides the point" He followed her up the ramp, he could feel why she was so dragged down by the weight, had he walked quite as far as she had, he woulda likely stopped and dropped them down too, but this wasn't too bad" he moves towards the doorway she has indicated "I don't have one just yet actually, was going to search for one when I heard you put these down"

He stopped next to her door, he wasn't sure where she'd wanted the sandbags, but as he thought about it he wondered why this crazy faun needed to protect with these anyways, how would they do anything, he wasn't sure  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 am
Kishi pushed her door open, as all nook doors opened inwards. They did not have door knobs or locks, because as a society, locks were not needed, and it was an unwritten rule to value a faun's privacy and always knock first when visiting.

Inside, the nook was small, but it was one of the few with an outside window, too. Kishi had procured some linens and textiles from the mainland in her adventures and brought them back to decorate her home. She had some fancy -- fancy to her, but they were just two sheets of gingham fabric -- curtains over the window. On the left side of her nook was her down palate and on the right was her desk and a little stool that was carved from a small chunk of a log. There was an item that looked like an antique brass oil lamp on the desk, along with a few candles and other trinkets.

"Can you put those here?" she pointed to the floor just inside her nook.

She had not stepped inside yet, only pushed the door open. After the sandbags were on the ground she looked down the hallway and then glanced towards the floors above her.

"Are you new to Laisidhiel? You came with Artemis, right?" she inquired, wanting to repay his favor by helping him, too. She put her hands on her hips, studying the doors she could see from the railing in front of her own door.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:12 am
Gulliver set the 2 sandbags down where she indicated with a soft grunt. He took a moment to look around her little nook from his position at the door before he responded to her. "Relatively new yes, and yes again about Artemis..." He thought her place looked cozy, he wondered if other nooks looks just as cozy, turning he looked to her once more "Just haven't gotten around to finding a place to call my own yet, wasn't sure how long I'd be staying, but it seems it'll be long term so I need something"

He noticed her looking not into her nook but out at the others and raised a brow for a moment, what was this faun up to... To this point the male had yet to meet anyone quite as different as her but then, he still had to form some relations in friendship amongst the residents of the great tree.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:22 am
Kishi clapped her hands together and turned to face Gulliver. She had a large smile on her face and looked excited. "Well." she started, bringing her hands close to her chest. "This is how it works. Nooks with closed doors have someone living there. We're supposed to keep our door closed if we're not inside, or if we're sleeping. Nooks with the door open are generally available to move in, however, some faun leave their door open for light when they're home."

She rocked back on her hooves and glanced to each door on the second floor, noting each one was closed. Not surprising, because the closest ones always went first. "You have to trust that Laisidhiel will guide you to the nook that is meant to be for you. Just walk around, looking at them, and when you enter one that's meant for you, Laisidhiel will let you know." She smiled and took the few steps back towards her own door and closed it. "I can help you!"

"Each nook starts small, so don't worry if Laisidhiel gives you a small room. She will make your nook bigger as your needs and family grow. And if you want some fancy things done to your nook, all you have to do is contact the Tree Shaper. We finally have one now!" she said with excitement. They'd gone a long time without one, and she'd never actually met one, but she'd heard tales of Tree Shapers and their amazing abilities. "Tree Shapers can put your name on the door, if you want it. I haven't had a chance to meet him yet, so my door is still blank."

"I'll walk with you." she insisted and started walking towards the ramp that lead upto the third floor. "There's some above me that were available last time I wandered around."

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 am
Gulliver stood nearly dumbfounded and inwardly chuckling at this faun's enthusiasm, He stared at her the whole time she spoke about doors being open or closed, and then looked around at the doors lining each floor of the great tree as Kishi explained the sizes of each nook.

He was aware of the tree shaper, as he had definetaly been at the ceremony a few weeks previous, but that wasn't something he was concerned about at this time.

Gulliver completely missed the female leaving him standing in front of her door looking up at other floors and their doors trying to see if any were open.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 am
Kishi kept on talking as she walked up the ramp and stopped in front of the first open door on the third floor, which would be visible to Gulliver from where he stood, as the ramp ascending the inside of the tree was just a large spiral.

"This one is nice. No one's lived there in all the time I've been here." She said and looked over her shoulder to see if Gulliver was listening. She noticed he wasn't even there. She frowned, thinking he ditched her, but she got the glimpse of light sparkling on his equipment as he remained in front of her door.

She approached the banister and cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted down to him. "Gulliver, up here!" and after shouting, she waved her arms around to make sure she got his attention.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 am
Gulliver's eyes were on the opposite end of the row Kishi stood at when he heard his name and he snapped out of his thoughtful daze and looked around him only to find her gone, and then he realized she was calling him from above him.

He looked around till he sees her and nods, then jogs up the ramp towards her coming to a stop just beside the door and poked his head around the doorframe. It wasn't big but it definetaly had potential.

"Not bad" he muses and moves more into the doorway "Think it suits me?" he questions Kishi as he glances over his shoulder towards her.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff