Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Corporal Punishment Advice?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HOW ******** STUPID
  O_O
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm
[INSANE]

Michael Pearl has said the methods are based on "the same principles the Amish use to train their stubborn mules."

Because you should treat a child like a mule, obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:00 pm
All I got to say is that it is morons like this who made spanking your child to discipline them a bad thing and now we have to deal with some kids just being unruly due to parents not knowing how to discipline their kids in a more correct proper way to make sure they get raised up to be good citizens. Hell even a simple time out and go face the wall is better then what some parents do.

Also from the read of things people was taking the old fashion discipline things more to the extreme. Example: "She died last year, age 7, after her parents had whipped her for hours, with pauses for prayer." Seriously whipped for hours? I think anytime when I was young and my brother or me got whipped it was like 5 hits or less and then ground to our room. There is no need to beat the child for an hour let alone hours. Seriously no need for that cause then it goes beyond discipline straight to torture.

And now I'm also reminded of Family Guy. http://youtu.be/Z3uFUjWhfdE  

wo_nyrmo

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:53 pm
Human stupidity never ceases to sink to a new low of depravity. You can try justifying child abuse all you like but it's beyond justification.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 pm
Sort of a late reply, but as a child, the threat of physical punishment was more effective then anything else. My mother would never hit me, but my father would spank me only if I had gone out of line.

Hitting a child in anger is always abuse, teaching them using less then positive methods is parenting. Sure as a kid it sucked getting hit, but most of the time it was only a threat and I fell into line before I was ever laid a hand on.

I never broke any bones, I never got in trouble with the law, and I graduated with good grades. I think my fathers parenting speaks for itself.

My mother on the other hand, had no control over me and that's dangerous. A child will hurt itself much worse then a smack on the bottom if you can't control it.  

SilverCities

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff