Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
very unsure and confused

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kirinkiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 am
soooo......yea, anyways im a bi guy, have been for a few years but lately, well actually for a while now, something in me has been yearning to be a girl. Not like with surgery and hormones but just to dress like and act like a girl. Im mostly known as masculine to people that know me because I wear somewhat baggy clothes that make look big and muscular but really I have a very slender and feminine figure (except for my stomach because of some old friends who liked to eat burger king every damned day and that was my only meal for the whole day*) I love the femininity I have and would really like to try being a girl even once but I'm so shy and I cant even muster up the courage to tell my friends anything even close to this because of what they might think. telling them I am bi was easy enough because it just meant that I like both guys and girls but becoming transgender (not sure if thats the word for it) just seems like such a big transition. plus if my parents even expected something like this i would be kicked out. I don't know what I could do, should do or even think crying any ideas? advice? thoughts?

*this is just a slight rambling because I lack the motivation to do anything about it which I somewhat hate myself for.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:12 am
I can't say I understand because this kind of situation has never happened to me but is it easier to tell them and probably get kicked out like you said but will come clean, or, to always hide it inside and keep it a secret but still hang out with your friends. It's your decision. It's kind of like a movie that makes u cry crying and in the end its either happy or depressing. sorry if this was to cliche and didn't help at all, but it's my opinion, sorry for babbling.  

Emma Goldenive

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 am
The term you're looking for is "drag", and don't be ashamed, it's hard to go to family about things you know they'll disagree with you on. If you're absolutely sure that they'll kick you out, then yes, you'll want to wait until you have a place of your own to stay at so they won't be able to hit you that hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am
im kinda in the same boat as you. ive always imagined myself as a drag queen, but then i get all angsty and blush b/c i cant see myself pulling it off....yet  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:31 am
I understand completely because I am in the same position with my parents and they don't know that I'm bi or trans gender eitherbut some of my friends know both things and I even have a girl name too.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 am
hello man dude
I understand completely because I am in the same position with my parents and they don't know that I'm bi or trans gender eitherbut some of my friends know both things and I even have a girl name too.

hmm...I haven't even considered a girls name. Its good to hear from someone with the same predicament though smile  

kirinkiller

kirinkiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 am
DJ Arctic Wolf
im kinda in the same boat as you. ive always imagined myself as a drag queen, but then i get all angsty and blush b/c i cant see myself pulling it off....yet

I know what you mean. Although I do practice a little makeup though secretly and I think I can kinda pull it off though lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:11 am
I've had similar feelings for a while too.. I've always pictured myself dressing up in women's clothes since I don't see myself as masculine. ( And neither do other people.. ) I'm already gay and out to my parents and friends though but I honestly don't think i'd be able to pull it all off. Especially without my parents kicking me out since i'm under 18. Accepting the fact I was gay already took them years.. ;/  

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:04 am
I see where you're getting at. I mean, I as a girl am not transgender, but part of me wants to perform as a drag king. I just think it would be a fun thing to do. Especially since I like a lot of male-oriented clothing (like vests and ties and suspenders and that sort of thing). I just wear dresses day to day because I'm too lazy to throw on a T-shirt and pants. XD

I can't say much about your situation though, because your question has already been answered. Just make sure you've got a place to stay if they do kick you out and tell them your desires to dress in drag when you're ready.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 pm
Well I'm gonna start getting in shape so maybe I can be more confident about myself dressing as a girl but the parent thing is still a big issue.  

kirinkiller

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff