Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Help me please. I don't know what to do.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 am
Hi I'm a 15 bi-sexual and a transgender boy living with parents who are fine with bi and gay people but they aren't entirely fond of transgender people so how do I tell them?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 pm
Just tell them and make them understand.  

Crazy_Evil_Mother7

Ferocious Sweetheart

BlueberryCondomBomb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:21 pm
You need to ease them into the idea.
Drop a hint here and there and slowly build up the momentum before you tell them. If they suspect something before you confess out of the blue it will make things run smoothly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 pm
You just have to tell them. If they find out some other way, it'll be bad.
Don't feel bad, my parenst don't like gays @ all and I'm bi so I get alot of s**t from them. Pm me if you need advice or need to talk to someone

Her Silent Cries

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:01 pm
yeah thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 am
You can try explaining exactly how you feel and using literature to support yourself.

Sometimes it's hard for people to not accept others because they don't fully understand what that person is going through.

Be prepared to answer their questions eloquently and intelligently. Do not yell. Try not to fight with them. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Good luck.  

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Raeiko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 pm
colon bracket
You can try explaining exactly how you feel and using literature to support yourself.

Sometimes it's hard for people to not accept others because they don't fully understand what that person is going through.

Be prepared to answer their questions eloquently and intelligently. Do not yell. Try not to fight with them. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Good luck.
I agree  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am
I'm sure it's more a matter of them not knowing what transgender really means, and that they've never met anyone (that they know of) who is transgender. If they're supportive of GLB people, surely they can learn to support trans people too.  

Postpone

Yuki_no_Joo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:43 pm
My cousins a transgender too and actually recently went through surgery to reconstruct his chest to look more like a guys chest. Basically when he told my Aunt and Uncle that he's transgender. He said that he excepts himself and hopes that they do too and that they did nothing wrong to raise him.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:00 am
i think you should just tell then, and show then it doesn't change who you are as a person, and good luck <3  

lxlzero1127lxl

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:40 am
Well you could just tell them straight out, but you also have the option of easing your way into doing so. I say try bringing the idea of being transgender into conversation when the opportunity presents itself. If you can find subtle ways to introduce the idea it might be a little easier on your parents when you do tell them. If you do it right it also might help them prepare for their reaction if they see it coming. I don't think that it will change how they feel but it will make it easier on the ears for them.

Once you do tell them giving them time to accept it and come to terms with it is important. If they don't accept it right away try not to get emotional. Keep calm and give them time to let it all settle in. Once things have calmed down let them know that this who you are and its not changing, but don't be too pushy about it, Try helping them to understand what it means it be transgender, and let them see that this is what makes you happy.

Sometimes all it takes is patience and a little understanding on both parts. Good luck. by the way I like your user name. It seems appropriate biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:50 am
Sooner or later, the truth has to come out. Why not get it over with? If you know they accept homosexuality, if it's their own child, they're sure to accept transgender. Good luck. ♥  

FireworkRepublicx3

950 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 pm
Yeah thanks but my dad didn't even believe me anyway when I told him.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm
Then leave it at that. You made the effort and he shut you out, so you've done your part. You can't force him to see things differently. You can only hope that over time he will be more open to education.  

colon bracket

Eloquent Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Her Silent Cries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 pm
hello man dude
Yeah thanks but my dad didn't even believe me anyway when I told him.

Congrats on getting the courage to tell him heart  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff