Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Server Continent (Entertainment Forum)
Yu-Gi-Oh!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 pm
Here you can discuss all of your Yu-Gi-Oh!, R, GX, 5D's, ZEXAL anime/manga content!

Yu-Gi-Oh!

R

GX

5D's

ZEXAL

The latest spin-off series of Yu-Gi-Oh! Yuma Tsukumo, a young Duelist unleashes an unknown power: an identity known as Astral and cards known as Numbers. This is also the second series to introduce a new card to the actual game: Xyz Monsters. Xyz Monsters are played differently from other monsters, while they are kept in the Extra Deck like Fusion Monsters and Synchro Monsters, you require cards that have the same Level to be able to Xyz Summon them. Number Monsters are also exclusively Xyz Monsters.

More information for all anime/manga be added. ^-^ sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 pm
It's the only season of Yugioh I haven't watched yet. Mainly because it's too much like the first season, but as a duelist I already have a few Xyz myself. I will eventually watch it, but what do you think of it?  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm
It is great so far, and I've kept up with it. It's really sort of like a reboot, similar to Pokemon when Ash goes to a new Region, but also like an amalgamation, similar more to Digimon's reboot of Xros Wars. They really do involve very similar designs and characteristics from past Duelists. Yuma's a lot like Yugi Muto and Yusei Fudo, similar in designs to each other already, and personality-wise is just like Joey Wheeler and Jaden Yuki. The first rival, Shark, is introduced similarly to Kaiba, where he takes a Deck from Yuma's friend, and duels for it, while also having a treasure that Yuma's father gave to him being broken and tossed away by Shark and his followers at school. Also, Yuma's friend goes to find Yuma's missing piece of the treasure, that is strangely familiar, similar to the Millennium Puzzle, but smaller and being only one piece. During his duel against Shark to win back his friend's Deck, Yuman unleashes a power, and talks about "Feeling the Flow!", his own saying, like "It's Time to Duel!", "Get Your Game On!", and "Let's Rev It Up!". He then unlocks the power he requires from his treasure, and Astral is unlocked, while also being warned by a gate that had appeared in his dreams prior to the Duel. Immediately, just like Yugi and Atem, he and Astral are now two in one, yet he's stubborn and wants to do things his own ways as well rather than listening to Astral's advice, and also is seen talking to Astral, while his friends simply wonder what's going on. When Astral is summoned, Number 17: Leviathan Dragon possesses Shark and lets out his inner ambitions. Astral instructs Yuma on how to Xyz Summon, even though he did not have a single Xyz Monster at the time, and Xyz Summons Number 25: Utopia, his key card with 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF, the same ATK as Yugi's "Dark Magician", and same ATK and DEF as Jaden's "Elemental HERO Neos", and "Stardust Dragon" respectively. Another card that Yuma has that echoes Yugi's card, that is called "Gagaga Magician", and later on reveals having a card that is similar to "Dark Magician Girl", "Gagaga Magician Girl".

Finally, his new rival, Kaito, is much like Jack Atlas in design, and has a brother much like Kaiba's relationship of him to Mokuba, as well as being similar to Kaiba personality-wise. Also his cards are like a new "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", called "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon", being an extremely strong card, with the same ATK and DEF as the previously mentioned card, and an effect specifically made to stop Xyz Monsters by taking their Xyz Material Monsters.

So far, the series has been fun, and I just hope that they continue the usage of Tuner and Synchro Monsters, even if not too much, just a few here and there would be perfect rather than to make it completely obsolete in the new season. Even Fusion Monsters have actually appeared within the first few episodes, of nearly all of the spin-off series of Yu-Gi-Oh! sweatdrop ^-^ I also have obtained quite a few Xyz Monsters, and I'm hoping to get a "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" soon as well. sweatdrop It adds more fun, especially when you duel, and see your cards come to life on the television itself as well. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 am
Is it just me or does anyone else think there are too many "extra" ways to play? I play the old school way, you only have your main deck and there are no restrictions on monsters other than what is printed on the card required to summon them  

PHX_Roger_ILKN

Dexterity Bonus

Timid Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 am
SU Blue
It's the only season of Yugioh I haven't watched yet. Mainly because it's too much like the first season, but as a duelist I already have a few Xyz myself. I will eventually watch it, but what do you think of it?

I really like it is like a combination of Series 1 and 2.
I origanlly thought it was going to be a rip off but it's actually really origanal and very well written : P

I'm currently trying to make a Wind-Up Deck....well with the 6 Wind-Up Cards I have > n<

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:47 am
Wind-Up Pickpocket
SU Blue

I origanlly thought it was going to be a rip off but it's actually really origanal and very well written : P

I'm currently trying to make a Wind-Up Deck....well with the 6 Wind-Up Cards I have > n<

I wanna make a Wind-Up deck after seeing Wind-Up Rabbit at this old mans card shop
(Which had a bunch of rare cards)

So I plan to get my first card for the Zexal series tommorw, for now I stand strong with my E-Heroes, Syncros, and my Original no Extra Deck
(Yes I have 0 XYZ monsters XD)  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100

Dexterity Bonus

Timid Explorer

9,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:59 pm
levelknight20
Wind-Up Pickpocket
SU Blue

I wanna make a Wind-Up deck after seeing Wind-Up Rabbit at this old mans card shop
(Which had a bunch of rare cards)

So I plan to get my first card for the Zexal series tommorw, for now I stand strong with my E-Heroes, Syncros, and my Original no Extra Deck
(Yes I have 0 XYZ monsters XD)

Lol whats in your mix?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 pm
I play with classic cards myself, and I do not even partake in fusion. These new Syncro and XYZ are cards I don't condone. So far I've actually found the new Yu-Gi-Oh series pretty obnoxious myself. Nothing can really trump the second season of Yu-Gi-Oh when the egypitan god cards were first introduced. The Battle City Tournament will always be my highlight for Yu-Gi-Oh.  

Orre Champion Monty

Enduring Browser

Server Continent (Entertainment Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces