Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)
Digital Thanksgiving Mascot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Digimon should be the Thanksgiving Mascot?
Kokatorimon
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Akatorimon
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm
Digital Thanksgiving!
Vote here for the Digimon you want to be the official Digimon: Tamer Island Thanksgiving Digimon! Once you have voted, be sure to post, mention which Digimon you have voted for, and the reasons as to why. The reasons provided by you will also be what qualifies you to win the Digimon you have won.

Rule:
You may only post ONCE in this Topic. You are able to edit the post if you wish to do so, however you can only post once. If you do post more than once, you will be disqualified from participating in this portion of the Contest.

Poll Votes:
Kokatorimon: 9
Akatorimon: 13

Post Votes:
Kokatorimon: 4
Akatorimon: 5

While close, Akatorimon has come in the lead, now making it the official Thanksgiving Digimon!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:31 pm
I say Kokitorimon because Digimon are suppose to be mysterious creatures
and I think Kokitorimon fits the bill. Also Thanksgiving is a time for appreciating for what you have like having giant Kokitorimon as a feast. It is bigger which means more food!

Some more things to add on is that Akitorimon is too often used. We get it, its a red turkey. Though Kokitorimon is purple! Who dosen't love purple turkeys?  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:38 pm
I voted Akatorimon, because I believe that the color scheme on him fits more with Thanksgiving than Kokatorimon's. Akatorimon's rear feathers, go from a yellow-ish color, to a red color, which reminded me of what leaves do in the fall, as compared to Kokatorimon's rear feathers which are just a solid color. Also Akatorimon have red hand(?) feathers which Kokatorimon's are purple ish. All in all, I just think Akatorimon just fits the theme and time more appropriately than Kokatorimon.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 pm
Akatorimon, I think fits the bill because for one, it's the more unique choice. Also, it's supposed to be larger than Kokatorimon, but not in a good way. This makes it slower, and it tires easily. So, it's not very active. It can't fight very well, because it uses up too much energy. This, I think makes it a perfect target for hunters. Like a turkey. Personally, if I had to try to catch one of these things, I'd go for Akkatorimon, because you can tire it out easier. Apparently, it gets confused while running too.
I'm sorry, but this digimon just screams turkey to me. sweatdrop  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,675 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm

I will be going with Akatorimon for reasons as simple as their names according to DMA.

Kokatorimon is named for the mythical creature the Cockatrice meaning it is based off of something as far as we know that is not a real thing.

Akatorimon however comes from the root words "Aka" which means "Red" and "Tori" which means "Bird". Meaning that it is just named the red bird which we all know could be referencing many birds found on our planet including the turkey.

So in conclusion because the turkey is a real thing and the Cockatrice is not I will have to give the win to the digimon who is possibly named after a real creature and not one who is based on Myth. The win goes to Akatorimon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:53 pm
I choose Akatorimon. I vote this way due to the fact that Akitorimon seems to be the greater fighter of the two. "It has an excellent cockscomb and a sharp beak" and "It weapons are powerful legs and flame attacks". This expounds upon the fact that this digimon is ferocious just like a real turkey. If you need proof that Akitorimon are ferocious, just watch this one take on this dobermon without any fear, I know this may seem to you that a ferocious bird should not be the representative for thanksgiving, a seemingly peaceful holiday, however you cannot forget the fighting spirits in both the Pilgrims and the Indians. In lieu of that simple fact I believe that Kokitorimon would simply be an insult to the lineage of both people's. Without acknowledgement of the fighting that was present between the groups, the indecent that is known as 'thanksgiving' could not be a celebration of peace and sharing, but would simply be a celebration or normalness. And I for one would find that quite boring.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:00 pm
I choose Kokatorimon because I don't know who this Akatorimon is (besides the fact he looks like him except for color) meaning that I don't want him. I want something I'm familiar with and what I'm familiar with is Kokatorimon who in the episode that he was in we got to see Mimi and Sora in just a towel ^^ fan service? xD I don't know, but my answer remains that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:42 pm
When I look at a Kokatorimon, I see a great big, 'albino' turkey. It's massive legs would make for the perfect drumsticks on the kitchen table. When I encounter wild turkeys, I feel myself somewhat petrified in fear from stories I've heard of wild turkey attacks. With that in mind, I find it rather intriging that this digimon has the same effect on it's prey in a more literal sense.

In thoughts of which I would prefer on my table, I tend to be a person that will enjoy eating things that were a bit of a challenge to devour. It's subspecies is great big chicken that runs away from fights and often gets confused. If the saying, "You are what you eat," holds true, I'd much rather have eaten a Kokatorimon that would also fight for his right at the top of the food chain. That way when I've brought him to the table, I can say, "Ah Kokatorimon, you were a worthy opponent and may your strength grow in me as I devour you." raising a gigantic drumstick in its honor.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:40 pm
I said Akatorimon, just because he's harvest colors pretty much... (the whole red beard sort of thing he has also sort of looks like a turkey's waddle... or whatever that flap of skin on their face is called) That feels more thanksgivingy than Kokatorimon to me. xp Although I think Deramon is also a pretty good harvest-themed Digimon... Then again, Akatorimon could also even digivolve to Deramon, which would quantify the whole 'harvest' line even more. xD

The other reason I don't think Kokatorimon is the best choice here is because of his grumpy nature. According to Digimon World 1 and some other sources, a Kokatorimon is a Biyomon that never learned to fly, and thus was never able to become Birdramon, which as we know is every Biyomon's dream. Kokatorimon, of course, is actually a pretty powerful Digimon with the ability to petrify things, so I could say that he's not very thankful for the fact that he's a powerful champion, or that he got to digivolve at all-- and thus not the best choice to represent the holiday of Thanksgiving. Granted, we don't know Akatorimon's personality that much, and he might also be grumpy, but for some reason I get the impression that he's a little more good-natured than his mythical cousin. xP I also think it's a little odd that we'd have a mythical animal celebrating a very grounded-in-historical-fact (for the most part LOL) holiday.

So that's my two cents on the matter, I suppose. =3=

((I did actually edit this post with a more sufficient reason than what I first put; if that in some way violates the rules, let me know and I'll take myself out of the running and delete this post.))  
Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games