Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
When life gives you lemons make planted tanks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like sushi? (real sushi... not my betta)
  Yes! YUMMY!
  Eww gross! NO.
  IDK I've never tried it (I live in a cave?)
View Results

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 pm
I admit it, sometimes I am an emotional SHOPPER. And my retail therapy of choice... is the pet store. redface

So, this week, my frog died... then a few days later, my UNCLE died. And I am too sick to travel to the funeral. So the family all left me home alone. BUT they left me money for Sushi... if I felt well enough to eat it.

Well, I didn't feel well enough. So instead I bought REALLY fresh sushi...

Meet Sushi:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That picture is hideous. I will get a decent picture of him once he is in his tank. He is a double tail with the prettiest color and markings I have ever seen, I just fell for him hard. I also bought him a live plant. The tank has been cycling anyway, I am just switching around who is where.

My life is fallen to bits right at present. But, yeah... I am setting up aquariums.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:23 pm
Damn, sorry for the bad luck, and congrats on the DT! Looks like my boy Scene but with different colours, too bad Scene got his fins ripped apart.

What I've been wanting to do is set up a spare 10g I have laying around, plant it almost exclusively with plants, and add a betta <3  

Azusanga

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:41 pm
awe I'm sorry Kippy heart heart heart can't wait to see some awesome pics of him  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:20 pm
Gaia is being mean to me lately and not allowing me to view pictures, but LOL at fresh Sushi. My first Betta was totally called that. R.I.P sorry to hear about your uncle.

I am totally an impulse shopper when it comes to my pets. I won't buy myself much much needed conditioner, haven't had a hair cut in close to a year, BUT, I'll drop 20 bucks on a bunch of stuff my pets don't actually need.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

JAT_gurl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm
Life seems similar to mine at the moment.

My rat died, my grandmother just died on Friday, won't be able to come out for the funeral I don't think since I can't afford the time off school--right near finals, and so I'm looking for a tank to possibly set up in my downtime. xP This would be my first since I was a kid though, and will be putting all of the cycling and such into practice for the first time.

I'm very sorry for your loss and I wish the best for you and Sushi.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 am
emotional shopper ftw. whenever im angry or sad i still pull out the credit card and either buy purses for myself or buy pet supplies XD  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items