My Birthday Present

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:28 pm
Over the weekend there was a reptile convention set up so as a pre Birthday present my Dad decided to take me. I almost made it through looking at all the awesome snakes, lizards, frogs, toads, tarantulas, and other epic critters without taking anything living home. Almost. Of course the last table I walked by had to have a few mantis nymphs and I couldn't resist bringing a little Asian nymph home with me.

For my actual birthday, my parents then surprised me with a very nice Canon camera. Eventually I hope to either pick up some extenders or a macro lens to take great mantis pictures, but the camera still kicks the butt of anything else I've ever had and so I decided to take some shots of my new little speck. I am afraid the light was fading outside for the last few, but it still does a decent job of showing of the little cutie.

Best lighting I had since it was earlier in the day.

User Image

Checking the camera out.

User Image

User Image

And a little size comparison with a penny.

User Image

And now I will finish it up with one shot of Kirby, glaring from a distance. Unfortunately he has decided my new camera is an evil monster that wants to suck out his soul. I'm probably going to have to do a lot of counter conditioning with treats before he gets over it. emotion_facepalm

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm
The colors and sharpness are gorgeous. You should definitely get a macro lense.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:45 am
Wow, great camera! Your mantis is adorable!!!!!!!! So is Kirby! biggrin  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items