Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
What is the Christian view of human cloning?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 am
What is the Christian view of human cloning?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm
Personally, i feel that if we create a man, or oman, or whatever, and it isn't condemned to suffer as a creation of man [from sickness, from predjudice, or some manmade cruelty] as a condition of BEING created, is ee nothing wrong ith it. If god allows such a thing to come to pass, I'm sure a person, whether created or having just 'happened' is still a child of god.

Then again, i have odd views.  

Ready the Canon

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Cloning to me seems like it plays God. God has an intent for human life that is created. He has a plan for all life created by the union of a man and a woman.

Genesis 1:26 - 28 NIV :

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 NIV :

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Psalms 139:13 - 18 NIV :

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.

*By cloning, I believe we violate God's plan and original intention for human life and by playing God and violating his intention, there can be consequences. God is the ultimate power over us because he created us and he can decide when we live and when we die.

Deuteronomy 32:39 NIV :

“See now that I myself am he!
There is no god besides me.
I put to death and I bring to life,
I have wounded and I will heal,
and no one can deliver out of my hand.

Job 12:10 NIV :

In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.

*I also have a concern if whether a clone would have a soul and fear of God or whether it would be just something created without much intelligence or spiritual value just used for experimenting.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games