22%  [ 11 ]
I like cats.
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 pm
I meant to make this ages ago but I fail hurrrrrr.

I was wondering if it was possible to compile a list of colourists likes/dislikes when it comes to making soq? That way people know what to enter for customs/bribes/CCs/wishing stars etc'.

It'll be nice for the colourists because they'll be colouring things they like more often this way. n_n;

I'd be happy to PM the colourists, unless they post it in here but yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:42 am
While it would be nice for the colorists to do more soqs like they like, doesn't it slightly defeat the purpose of a getting a custom if you get what they want and not what you want?  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:06 pm
This is simply my opinion.

I think it'd be better to have a list of colorist "cans" and "cants" over likes/dislikes. Listing what a colorist isn't capable of making well is more preferable in deciding who to go for for something over what they like, since they could like one thing but not be very good at making it.

Ex: I'm not very good at armors and metals. I can lineart them but I haven't mastered the coloring (shading/etc) of it. That doesn't mean I wont make armor and metals, because I do like them, it's just that I'm not really good at it so if you wanted someone who is already good then you should find a different colorist.

Speaking as a colorist what we personally like should be irrelevant as to what a customer wants. It's always a nice treat rolling something you personally like but it should not be swayed in that direction. That's why we have Colorist Choice slots. :3 If a customer wants a certain colorist to make their pony then that's that. xD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:56 am
@Jynk; well obviously you're not going to design a custom you don't like solely for a colourist. But if a colourist is doing CC slots and you have a quest soq that you know they'd like then you can post it and have a better chance at getting CC'd.

the list isn't meant to stop people from entering what they want, i never said that at all.

i just think it'd be nice for the customers to know what the staff like colouring for the purpose of bribes, ccs, wishing stars etc'.

a can and can't do list is a great idea, too. but i still think the likes/dislikes is a good idea. that way if you have multiple forms that are all different you know what colourist would be the best option to enter, assuming you don't have a certain colourist preference.

i never said 'only enter forms if the colourist likes them!' i simply said it'd be nice information for the purpose of bribes etc'.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 am
I dunno about everyone else, but I make it very clear in my customs my can's and can'ts down at the bottom of the first post. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 pm
Don't get me wrong, this is a really good idea.
But the fact is, people ARE going to design Soquili that match the colourists' likes and dislikes for the sole purpose of having a better chance at getting a slot for another Soquili. Its sad, but true.  

THE Jehan

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 pm
THE Jehan
But the fact is, people ARE going to design Soquili that match the colourists' likes and dislikes for the sole purpose of having a better chance at getting a slot for another Soquili. Its sad, but true.
Yup, I agree with that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 pm
Even if it's designed to pique the colorist's interest, it's still going to be something the person wants.

Playing to interests or strengths isn't anything new to the the world, the BC, or even to Soq. Those that already DO know our likes and dislikes ALREADY play to those interests and strengths. Making it easier for everyone to know is only going to level the playing field.

And as a colorist, I would much rather sort through a pile of things I want to do, rather then trying to pick out something I kinda like from a bunch of things I have no interest in.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 pm
THE Jehan

This.

Just like how people try for any and all Soq that they can, regardless if they really like it, just so they can say they won something or have yet another 'status symbol'. I mean lets face it, some Soq have hit the shop that 99% of the people dont like, but still 100+ will try for it just because.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 pm
@Eth: Exactly.

@Bee: This is true some of the time, and other times not. For example, I really love rainbows, lions, knights, and roses. Everytime there is a game like, say the Hybrid game, I try for things like that. It is what I want. If I see a colourist likes them as well, then I will be sure to enter in their games because I have another chance.
But lets say Suzie Q sees that Colourist Joe Shmoe likes doing plaid and spikes. Suzie Q doesnt really like either of them too much, but hey look, Joe Shmoe is opening up a CC game! Suzie Q REALLY wants another soquili, so she whips up a sketch with plaid and spikes galore for the sole purpose of getting chosen. She doesnt REALLY want a soquili with plaid and spikes, but she wants to hoard all the Soq she can get, regardless of whether she likes how they look or not. It is this kind of problem I am worried about.  

THE Jehan

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:08 pm
Yeah but people already do that. :<
For example, I think that Riri likes to colour glowy things and technology, so I tend to enter that sort of things in her CC-based semicustoms/ect. On the same note, I think that rapidash likes naturals/horse-colours, so I tend to enter concepts like that in hers. (-prepares to be proved wrong-)

But most of the colourists I have no idea, and those who do have a natural advantage.
Yes, there's always going to be someone (Suzie Q) like you describe - but there's that kind of thing anyway. I just think knowing would equal out the playing field a little~

Edit:

What I'm saying is, hoarders are going to hoard no matter what. With such a predigious shop as Soq, it is NEVER not going to happen. :/
I don't see the point of denying stuff for EVERYONE just because of some people.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:46 pm
If people choose to enter stuff they don't want that's their problem. No one is forcing them and at the end of the day they still get a soquili, which is what we're all here for?

But for the people that do know colourists likes and dislikes, they have an advantage. I figured it would be nice to even the playing field, as it's been said. People don't have to use this information. If they have something that a colourist doesn't like colouring but they love the colourists work, they can still enter. I mean CC isn't the only way to get customs and this list isn't saying 'only enter these things for these colourists'.

And, when you think about it, a colourists likes/dislikes are probably going to be close to her/his cans and can'ts.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 pm
LOLTERNATIVE
If people choose to enter stuff they don't want that's their problem. No one is forcing them and at the end of the day they still get a soquili, which is what we're all here for?

But for the people that do know colourists likes and dislikes, they have an advantage. I figured it would be nice to even the playing field, as it's been said. People don't have to use this information. If they have something that a colourist doesn't like colouring but they love the colourists work, they can still enter. I mean CC isn't the only way to get customs and this list isn't saying 'only enter these things for these colourists'.

And, when you think about it, a colourists likes/dislikes are probably going to be close to her/his cans and can'ts.

I agree with this <3

Sometimes I have several customs in mind. If I know that So and so doesn't like to color dark creepy things, then I'm not going to enter any customs like that into their custom slots. Not to mention that there are going to be lots of things that might spark a colorist's interest other than the few things that they list.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I would like to think that if youre observant enough that you would be able to figure out what colorists like and dont like lol. Its not that hard really. It shows in their style, their ccs, what they spend their points on, what kind of horses they have, what they pair with, etc.

AND as Bee noted, a lot of them have dos and donts, which often also are tell-tale of what they are drawn to.

Ktns

Lunatic

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm
Not every one spends all of their time in the soquili thread or creepily stalking staff. It'd just be nice to have some extra likes. Obviously it would come down to whether the colorist would want to put this into effect but I think it would be a nice addition for newbies and convenience.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff