22%  [ 11 ]
I like cats.
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm
There is really no good reason this list can't be done and be useful. Yes, people may design soquili for certain colourists, but in the end they're still getting a soquili. Whether it's a design they like or a design they don't like and just designed it for a specific colourist, they're still getting what they want. A soquili. Otherwise, why would they enter?

Who cares what there motives are, whether it's to horde as many soq as possible or only have a few soq that are dear to them. It's theirs - they can use it for whatever they please. Just because the idea of soq hording doesn't appeal to the majority doesn't mean it's a bad thing. If the soq is yours and you got it fair and square then it shouldn't matter what you do with it. This shop has no requirements for keeping your soq, thus hording isn't a rule problem, it's a personal problem shared among a few and shouldn't affect an idea as simple as this.

There are a lot of CC events in this shop, which is amazing. And it'd be nice to know what colourists like/dislike to give everyone a fair chance at winning. Some people know colourists IRL or know them very well and know what they like/dislike. It'll be nice if everyone has this chance.

I, for one, don't spend every second of my day in soquili studying ponies colourists have coloured/CC'd. Newbies probably won't, either.

This isn't something I'm asking to be implemented and forced upon colourists. If they don't want to do it, that's fine. But some might and it'll be helpful. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:06 pm
Wow everyone decided to post at once today. xDDD

Nobody knows what I like~ 8D *mystery colorist*

[/non-helpful post]

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm
/slinks into mob's mind./

what has been seen cannot be unseen. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 pm

No one said anything about stalking staff lol! You guys dont need to be so defensive. Im just sayin there are other ways other than making them list *shrug* Im neither for or against this, just trying to give another pov and options other than OMG YES THIS IS AMAZING DO IT NOW YOURE SOOOO RIGHT AND AWESOME FOR THINKING OF THIS!

Ktns

Lunatic

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:23 pm
@LOL: That's basically my mind right there. xDDDD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:30 pm
I definitely don't think this would hurt and as others have already said, some may find it helpful. I have noticed a few colorists doing similar things in the past, hints and such for when they open CC slots. I think if someone is willing to volunteer their time and effort and the colorists are willing, it might be a fun little resource. I know I would take a look at it for curiosities sake if nothing else. Also since custom slots are so hard to obtain and I always have a few quest ideas floating around up there -taps head- I could switch which quests I enter depending on the colorists. That way the colorist wins because they have more people entering ideas that they would actually enjoy working on and I would win because there may be a higher chance to get CC'd.

-shrugs- I hope that makes sense. I don't think it should be a required thing for the colorists to do, not that I'm saying thats what you mean Lolly, but just as a side note while I have the thought. Maybe the colorists could just add a more extensive list of things they prefer to do, and not do, in their custom threads?  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 pm
Etherial Requiem

I would like to think that if youre observant enough that you would be able to figure out what colorists like and dont like lol. Its not that hard really. It shows in their style, their ccs, what they spend their points on, what kind of horses they have, what they pair with, etc.

AND as Bee noted, a lot of them have dos and donts, which often also are tell-tale of what they are drawn to.

This is pretty much what I was saying, just more fleshed out. <3

I'm for the lists, it's a good idea. I'm just saying there are ways of finding this info out without there being a list. If this proposal doesn't go through, I figured people would like to now how they can still collect this info.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:36 pm
Faithofthefallen
I definitely don't think this would hurt and as others have already said, some may find it helpful. I have noticed a few colorists doing similar things in the past, hints and such for when they open CC slots. I think if someone is willing to volunteer their time and effort and the colorists are willing, it might be a fun little resource. I know I would take a look at it for curiosities sake if nothing else. Also since custom slots are so hard to obtain and I always have a few quest ideas floating around up there -taps head- I could switch which quests I enter depending on the colorists. That way the colorist wins because they have more people entering ideas that they would actually enjoy working on and I would win because there may be a higher chance to get CC'd.

-shrugs- I hope that makes sense. I don't think it should be a required thing for the colorists to do, not that I'm saying thats what you mean Lolly, but just as a side note while I have the thought. Maybe the colorists could just add a more extensive list of things they prefer to do, and not do, in their custom threads?

Also this^  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:03 am
Mobster Goose
Wow everyone decided to post at once today. xDDD

Nobody knows what I like~ 8D *mystery colorist*

[/non-helpful post]
I like mystery too. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:05 am
I agree in a lot of ways to this. Just because someone likes or dislikes something that doesn't mean they won't do it. In fact it might be something they don't have an interest it, but may do it to challenge themselves or you know do what their customer wants. While there are a lot of hoarders out their, I think it's unfair to the dedicated who actually use their soquili for something other then sig candy to not know this information but the hoarders who don't do anything with their soquili to happen to be friends with the colorists or know their likes and dislikes some other way.

Also, while I like to look at all the new ponies, I'm not going to go around looking for every soquili Bee or Riri or Neph or anyone else has ever done to see what they like or don't like. Although, I do agree that one could do that if they wanted to waste that much more of their life in gaia. Lol. But they shouldn't have to.

Although, I do know Riri likes stripes (or hates them and does them all the time. xD). She also seems to like futuristic stuff (or not?). I also think Riri may do something she doesn't really like or have an interest in just to make her customer happy. :]

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:25 am
i would like to see this list made, yes there is going to be people who make concepts simply to try and get another Soq..but they obviously want another soq enough to bother creating the concept so..let them?

I know I would like it simply because I have quite a few concept in my head tht I would 'someday' like to get either for story lines or just because I really like the idea, it would be nice to know which concept I ought to enter - I'd rather put forth a concept that a colorist is going to enjoy working on then one they hate and just happened to roll.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 am
As someone who has been trying unsucessfuly to get a custom slot for 3 years I would find this list very useful. I have several custom ideas both in my quest thread and many more that need to be written out. Being able to tailor my entry to each colorist using my pre-existing quests would be great.  

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:48 pm
So far, from reading this, I've at least come up with one opinion: I'd like to live in Mobbu's mind.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff