Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Server Continent (Entertainment Forum)
They finally did it Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:14 pm
They've come out with two more Olympus Twelve digimon. Showcased in the new, Jintrix card set. This makes them look very awesome(and beautiful) as well. Also showcased: Ophanimon removes her mask!! Peter Pan themed digimon. The Journey to the West continues. Hybrid showcase. Also, Lucemon was not the only digimon to fall...

Click link for the awesome full card list with pictures!

http://wikimon.net/Digimon_Jintrix_Set_4  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:22 pm
Oh yeah, Venusmon and Vulcanusmon... I read about them on the Digimon Wiki a few days ago.

....*sigh* Does anyone else think they're going a little overboard with making the Digimon look like people? With the older ones you could tell that they were still Digimon... nowadays they're just looking like people in costume. neutral

Although Tinkermon would make a good rookie form for the Kazemon hybrid family, so that's cool.

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:24 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Oh yeah, Venusmon and Vulcanusmon... I read about them on the Digimon Wiki a few days ago.

....*sigh* Does anyone else think they're going a little overboard with making the Digimon look like people? With the older ones you could tell that they were still Digimon... nowadays they're just looking like people in costume. neutral

Although Tinkermon would make a good rookie form for the Kazemon hybrid family, so that's cool.

Are you referring to CaptainHookmon and Petermon? Even I have a hard time believing they are digimon, but when you are composed of data, I guess you really don't need to only look like animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:30 pm
Venusmon and Vulcanusmon, all that is left is Plutomon, Junomon, Ceresmon, Jupitermon, and Vestamon I believe.
Originally I thought the Olympus 12 were based on the Greek gods, but no they are Roman. MYTHOLOGY FTW.
Blademaster Banryu

I kind of agree, they could make them look a little more like beasts, but with some digimon, it would look kind of weird, I guess it is cause they are kind of running low on animals to base digimon off of. They are called Digital Monsters so they could try a little harder. I wonder if CaptainHookmon is a digivolution of Hookmon(serious about this, but in a joking way)  

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

ZarAburame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:39 pm
UnHolyFudge
Venusmon and Vulcanusmon, all that is left is Plutomon, Junomon, Ceresmon, Jupitermon, and Vestamon I believe.
Originally I thought the Olympus 12 were based on the Greek gods, but no they are Roman. MYTHOLOGY FTW.
Blademaster Banryu

I kind of agree, they could make them look a little more like beasts, but with some digimon, it would look kind of weird, I guess it is cause they are kind of running low on animals to base digimon off of. They are called Digital Monsters so they could try a little harder. I wonder if CaptainHookmon is a digivolution of Hookmon(serious about this, but in a joking way)
Greek and roman mythology are the exact same you know. Just that roman mythology changed the names. But they copied the main gods. Which is what the olympus 12 are.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:42 pm
SU Blue
Blademaster Banryu

Are you referring to CaptainHookmon and Petermon? Even I have a hard time believing they are digimon, but when you are composed of data, I guess you really don't need to only look like animals.
Them and Venusmon. I could probably name others but none come to mind at the moment. And I kind of get that Venusmon is supposed to be a woman, she's the esscence of sensuality and beauty and stuff, but... I mean... just making her straight-up human seems horrifically uncreative to me when you compare her to the other Digimon 'sex symbols' (as imma call them for some reason) like Angewomon and Rosemon. Even Mervamon, who as far as I can tell is pure 100% unfiltered fanservice, has a really cool design despite being pretty much all human-looking.

UnHolyFudge

Blademaster Banryu

Well, as I understand it, CaptainHookmon and regular Hookmon are both Champions. >: So I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish with that, Cap'nHookmon just seems terribly superfluous to me given that Hookmon could have just adapted to the same role. Dx I don't want to say they're just not creative anymore, because guys like Gokuwmon and Vulcanusmon have pretty cool designs, but... they're certainly not all as creative as the original Digimon designs...  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

UnHolyFudge

Unholy Sage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:43 pm
ZarAburame

Not exactly the same, they were adapted to the Roman culture, but they are definatly not the exact same, anyway the point is the olympus 12 digimon are based off the Roman forms, not the Greek forms, which is why Hermmon isn't one of the Olympus 12 digimon.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:52 pm
These are new trading cards? WANT!  

deleted_for_posterity

Tricky Genius

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:42 pm
Denkou Konishi
These are new trading cards? WANT!

Sorry, but these can't be gotten in most places. I'm not even sure you can get them outside of Japan. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:46 pm
I can truthfully say that I have never found digimon cards. Anywhere.

Edit: Oh my dear god I want venusmon...she is top of my list on digimon that I want. ADD HER OT THE GUILD, PEOPLE.  

City in Slumber

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:54 pm
iAm Techno-san

Edit: Oh my dear god I want venusmon...she is top of my list on digimon that I want. ADD HER OT THE GUILD, PEOPLE.

We sadly need to wait for a sprite to be made, but don't worry. It should only take another year or so for Venusmon to be put in a game, and then we can add her. We also need to wait for her to be put in dma digidex.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:55 pm
I don't even remember where I got them, but I had the original american starter deck with all the season 1 guys and stuff. I always liked the bandai art on those cards....  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:58 pm
Hephaestusmon shall be mine!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:59 pm
SU Blue
iAm Techno-san

We sadly need to wait for a sprite to be made, but don't worry. It should only take another year or so for Venusmon to be put in a game, and then we can add her. We also need to wait for her to be put in dma digidex.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  

City in Slumber

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm
They look really great overall. 3nodding Also I just recently did some research into Metroid, and Ophanimon looks quite similar to Samus lol. xd sweatdrop ^-^ Also I guess this does mean there is a new Mode for Ophanimon too~ Ophanimon FM, which should be coming out quite soon~ ninja sweatdrop ^-^

Venusmon does have a bird of sorts, similar to Valkyriemon, and it would be random to see it come from the Opposumon -> Cho-Hakkaimon ... -> ... Venusmon, yet still it's a very small possibility~? xd sweatdrop Also there is a small armoured bracelet of sorts upon her hand, so perhaps she could have some untapped potential, or also used along with the bird in combination for different attacks, if possible? Vulcanusmon does look quite cool as a whole as well. 3nodding

Kinkakumon and Ginkakumon also look quite interesting in design as well, and perhaps the first is somehow connected to Cho-Hakkaimon more so than Kinkakumon, mainly due to the green hair and themed costume. xd sweatdrop ^-^

Server Continent (Entertainment Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff