Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Black Friday madness aside...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
  :)
View Results

Melodic_Madness

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:48 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbObxITIxA

What the &@()%! happened here?! That guy was apparently trying to protect his kid but they thought he was stealing a video game when he tucked it into his waistband... thats just messed up. I smell a lawsuit.
So did you shop this past Friday? If so, did you get any good deals? If not, why? And did anything crazy happen in your area?
Im going now but ill check back later. toodles!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:32 pm
If the police forcve really wanted to improve their image, they would fire cops who pull s**t like this and bring in new-hires. There's never been a better time to flush out the bad. Think about how many people are coming out of school every day, fully trained and ready to go, who can't find work.

That is why I avoid Black Friday sales. I would rather not be trampled to death by shoppers OR beaten to death by police just to save a hundred bucks on a tv that'll be on even better sale after Christmas anyway. u_u (Not like I could afford a bigass tv in the first place. Everyone's gifts were under 20 this year, even family!)  

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 pm
I don't get it... why didn't the police just nab him when he leaves the store AWAY from the stampede? They obviously had him flagged. What if the guy went nuts in the middle of the crowd and other people got injured? This seems like a pretty terrible arrest strategy.

I never do the Black Friday jig. For same reasons as Cait Sith.

...unless it's later in the day. Like almost dinner time. Then I'll go check out the dregs and see what gems I can scavenge. But these days I'm in the business of saving money to settle debts. So I rarely shell out any disposable income, even for creepy super sale days.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games