Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
would I be asking to much?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:24 pm
Ok so my parents want to move to another state in a few years and I would love to go with them. In the mean time however, I have to live in a boring town with nothing to do and have no life, because in this town you can barely have a life if your not into sport, hunting, farming or drugs. I don't even have many really good friends that care about me. I have posted a thread about this before I think, but I would love to move back to my home city for a few years. It has shops I love (I am stingy with my money though so qon't waste it all lol), fire twirling groups, places to skate, beaches which I love, positive dog trainers, lots of dog friendly places. Also I probably have much better choices on schools and school subjects there.
Now my brother and his girlfriend, so long as I paid for all my expenses would be happy to have me. I am not sure if they would like my veganism, but I would just take on the job of cooking for myself and cleaning up after both them and me. Plus I would be happy to take on a good chunk of their doggy care. But there is one big problem, my pets.

The guinea pigs I could leave at home, once I build a big enough cage for them. May sound harsh, but my parents are getting much better with them, they would take proper care of them, and I would be home almost every weekend to play with them, make sure my parents are staying on top of their care, plus I would talk to my parents every night and be making sure they are caring for them. I considered leaving the dogs here but I don't think I could leave them. The bond is to big. My bro and his gf would surely be fine with me bringing deedee. But sparky did not get along with their dogs at all and they don't really like him.

Would it be to much to ask, that they let me move in, with two dogs, one of whom they don't like? I would leave the dogs here for the first month or so, and come home on weekends with my brothers dogs, and do some training with sparky and his dogs. Then I would set my room with my brother up so that sparky could spend most of his time in there for a few months while he gets used to the other dogs. But in the training, there is likely to be some times where sparky and another dog get into a little fight (just so you know though, sparky doesn't draw blood or cause injuries in a fight). Would it be to much to ask them to let me try it? Do you think offering to clean up the dog poo in the yard, and walking all the dogs every day would be good enough in return?

Because I think if I just worked hard on getting sparky and the other dogs to all be comfortable with eachother, they would love playing with eachother and I could have a pretty good life there, but I don't want to ask for to much "can I move in? And make an entire different meal to you every night? And bring my dogs? And bring my dog who doesn't like other dogs?

EDIT: sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong place  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 pm
Personally, if I were your brother and felt my dogs were at risk, than yes, that would be asking too much. For me resident animals always take priority and I would not let another animal come in on a long term basis that would be a danger to my animals or effect their lifestyles.

Having not witnessed the interactions, I can't comment on how hard or easy it might be to work through the issues. From the outlook however it does not sound like it is going to be the best match and you need to consider the worse case scenario of a very real dog fight starting where one or more dogs could end up injured or even worse. I think the best thing you could do is sit down with your brother and his girlfriend and have a deeper conversation on the idea and see where they would stand on the situation.  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:00 am
I think I will talk to them next time I see them. I think it is very unlikely that sparky would hurt them. He is reactive tomother dogs, not so much aggressive. With dogs he hasn't been around much, he is uncomfortable, growls, snarls and warning snaps, the only time he would bite is if another dog stole his meal (which is why I feed him alome when other dogs are visiting). He would be fine after proper training and introductions, but I need to talk to them about it first  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:11 pm
Start by just bringing up the training - building a friendship between your dogs and theirs. If they go for that, and you're able to improve the relationship between the dogs, then discuss the possibility of moving in, dogs included.

Even if you end up not moving in with them, building a relationship between the dogs would help all around - you could have family gatherings with the dogs invited as well, without stress of a possible fight.

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff