Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm in a gaming mood.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SNIPING
  But can you no scope?
  ...dude, it's Skyrim. I can't no scope a bow & arrow O_o
  But wouldn't it be great if you could?
  .... .... yes, yes it would.
  ^wtf is this poll even about?
View Results

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:50 pm
Been lurking these forums far less than normal lately these past couple weeks. Cause it's gaming season. On the 11th, hubbie and I went to buy the midnight release of Skyrim (the games clerks made us cookies with the Skyrim dragon logo on it xD ). On the same weekend we beta-tested the Star Wars: The Old Republic mmo, which put me back into Bioware gaming mode (Bioware's the company working on the mmo). So after that weekend was over, I started a new run-through of their other game, Dragon Age 2 to work on grabbing some more achievements, and working through their new downloadable content. Then this past weekend I got to beta-test SWTOR again. Oh... and the hubbie finally just got me to roll up a character for Skyrim. I made a wood elf archer... I kinda like her. Sniping's fun.

All in all November's been a very busy gaming month for me. I feel like such a geek.

Soooooooo...

How yall doin? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm
I'm still playing Skyrim, good good stuff. xd  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 am
My dog has been sick all week and I don't get much sleep takin gher out. But I hear you on the gaming thing. Ever since Deadman's Shadow opened in zOMG I've been spending so much time playing on this account I forget my main even exists! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:39 am
I LOVE SKYRIM!

The dragons are f**king hard though! My health drops so fast when they shoot fire, but I can kill the frost ones easily enough (I'z a Nord pirate ). I always end up just dualcasting spells at them xd

Seriously though, it's awesome.  

AquilaLiberum

Superna Zherom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 am
It's more a gaming frenzy for me.

Skyrim, Assassin's Creed/ACRevelations/ACBrotherhood, Ultimate MvC3, Disgaea, MGS HD Collection, and more.

It's enough that I hope it'll be a bad year for games in 2012, so I don't have to buy as many as I did from Sept. to Nov. alone. lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:00 pm
Helpful Cait Sith
My dog has been sick all week and I don't get much sleep takin gher out. But I hear you on the gaming thing. Ever since Deadman's Shadow opened in zOMG I've been spending so much time playing on this account I forget my main even exists! XD
Ooo how is that btw? I never have time to play it when they open it to the public and I can't afford a bloodstone gem pass.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:05 pm
Junimaia
Helpful Cait Sith
Ooo how is that btw? I never have time to play it when they open it to the public and I can't afford a bloodstone gem pass.

You remember a few Halloweens ago when they had those warp worlds that were a subterranean cave with vampires and werewolves? It's that, with three set rooms and the rest are all randomly generated. The monsters are all level 12+, and are so badass, you MUST take them on only one at a time. The money isn't very good, but it's mostly about the challenge of a hard-to-reach, hard-to-kill boss.

People are not as snobby as they are around SS to recruit, but the rule "have all buffs" is absolute, because everyone wants in and it's easier to kick someone than cater to their fierce desire to carry their favorite buffs. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm
Superna Zherom
It's more a gaming frenzy for me.

I love that sentence so hard. X3

...but it made me remember, I bought a gamecube at last, and have been burning my way through all the games I wanted to play for the last ten years and couldn't. heart  

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Helpful Cait Sith
Junimaia
Helpful Cait Sith

You remember a few Halloweens ago when they had those warp worlds that were a subterranean cave with vampires and werewolves? It's that, with three set rooms and the rest are all randomly generated. The monsters are all level 12+, and are so badass, you MUST take them on only one at a time. The money isn't very good, but it's mostly about the challenge of a hard-to-reach, hard-to-kill boss.

People are not as snobby as they are around SS to recruit, but the rule "have all buffs" is absolute, because everyone wants in and it's easier to kick someone than cater to their fierce desire to carry their favorite buffs. XD
Sweet, I love a challenge. Kinda sounds like the mindset of the Hivers back when Hive levelling was popular.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:28 am
i've been in love with skyrim, i just got a hold of spore (which is so cute i cant get over it) and then i actually just got disgaea 4 and the new rayman..i cant even decide what to play right now..

do you like the mmo? i just saw the article for it.. but im super picky about mmo's since most force you to be social.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 am
ieatwood
i've been in love with skyrim, i just got a hold of spore (which is so cute i cant get over it) and then i actually just got disgaea 4 and the new rayman..i cant even decide what to play right now..

do you like the mmo? i just saw the article for it.. but im super picky about mmo's since most force you to be social.

That's actually one of the things I really enjoyed about swtor. I didn't feel forced to socialize if I didn't want to. ...well, except for the flashpoint quests maybe. It seems like those quests are pretty much designed to have more challenging teamwork involved and suggests you bring a team. At the same time, however, they are easily skippable sidequests if you just want to focus on your character's storyline.

I mean there's still a social chatbox and you can still find people to team with on social listings and there's guilds and pvp and exchange and all that standard mmo jazz. But it's also very ignorable.

Don't quote me on this but, I think the swtor designers mentioned somewhere how they wanted this mmo to be playable by non-mmo fans as well as mmo fans, since swtor is a sequel to the kotor games. So supposedly you could solo right up to end game if you really wanted to.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm
Junimaia
ieatwood

That's actually one of the things I really enjoyed about swtor. I didn't feel forced to socialize if I didn't want to. ...well, except for the flashpoint quests maybe. It seems like those quests are pretty much designed to have more challenging teamwork involved and suggests you bring a team. At the same time, however, they are easily skippable sidequests if you just want to focus on your character's storyline.

I mean there's still a social chatbox and you can still find people to team with on social listings and there's guilds and pvp and exchange and all that standard mmo jazz. But it's also very ignorable.

Don't quote me on this but, I think the swtor designers mentioned somewhere how they wanted this mmo to be playable by non-mmo fans as well as mmo fans, since swtor is a sequel to the kotor games. So supposedly you could solo right up to end game if you really wanted to.

that would really make it fantastic for me, in a lot of mmo's your almost punished (not outright of course), but its impossible to get the good gear without teaming up. i hate that, id rather play a solo game in most instances. i just suck at making friends xD

really, my all time favorite MMO is still ragnarok.  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items