Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Fate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Born in pairs?
  Yes
  No
  Undecided
View Results

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:59 pm
So does anyone here believe in soul mates, other halfs, love of your lifes? Someone you're destined to give your heart to?

Cause I do. Like since I was three... anyone else out there believe that or is just me?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 pm
I've always believed that there is always someone for somebody, although I think a lot of times we end up with the wrong people because of things that we're taught to minimize and degrade the one we're supposed to be with. If that makes sense.  

Quinn_Fabgay

Versatile Genius

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 am
HeartfeltSins
I've always believed that there is always someone for somebody, although I think a lot of times we end up with the wrong people because of things that we're taught to minimize and degrade the one we're supposed to be with. If that makes sense.

Like when we settle for someone who we think is right for us because we keep modifying what it is we see in a person to try and fit that mold even if it's not right for us? (or something like that?)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am
CheizLord
HeartfeltSins

Like when we settle for someone who we think is right for us because we keep modifying what it is we see in a person to try and fit that mold even if it's not right for us? (or something like that?)
Kind of. I also think sometimes phobias instilled by the prior generations causes people to stop and change what they're looking for as well as they grow older. Sometimes they can help it. Sometimes they can't. Like... my mother is racist and homophobia. My nephew's father is black (Jamacian at that), and half of my ex-girlfriends are latina. The fact that I have ex-girlfriends is something she still doesn't like, but we're working on it.  

Quinn_Fabgay

Versatile Genius

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 pm
This same thread is in another guild xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:25 pm
HeartfeltSins
CheizLord
HeartfeltSins

Kind of. I also think sometimes phobias instilled by the prior generations causes people to stop and change what they're looking for as well as they grow older. Sometimes they can help it. Sometimes they can't. Like... my mother is racist and homophobia. My nephew's father is black (Jamacian at that), and half of my ex-girlfriends are latina. The fact that I have ex-girlfriends is something she still doesn't like, but we're working on it.

I think I get it, but either way I'm going to make sure I don't stray from what I'm looking for but not make my options so narrow that I'll never find somebody.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41 pm
Latent Memories

Yeah I know, I find I get more responses if I post in more than one guild, because some of the guilds are either dead or don't get enough responses.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 pm
CheizLord
Latent Memories

Yeah I know, I find I get more responses if I post in more than one guild, because some of the guilds are either dead or don't get enough responses.

yeah I know, It kind of depressed me to see an empty topic ;_;  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 pm
i believe it, but i also have the fear that i may never find them or may have lost them already. just the foolish thoughts of youth for now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:22 am
Latent Memories
CheizLord
Latent Memories

yeah I know, It kind of depressed me to see an empty topic ;_;

I got a decent amount of responses collectively though. biggrin  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:23 am
sans-coeur13
i believe it, but i also have the fear that i may never find them or may have lost them already. just the foolish thoughts of youth for now

I have the same issue, but that's why I try thinking to myself if not this lifetime... god knows how much truth is in it but it helps.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:39 pm
It'd kinda of saddening to think like that as a lot of babies die at birth or young children dying would mean that 'the one' for you could already be gone v__v but then again you could think of it like as a goal or destination, keeping hope knowing that there IS someone out there for you (; - Just giving both sides  

Nocturnus Lepidoptera

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:06 pm
I prefer to believe that my choices can help shape my future. I don't like having a sense of no control; sure, there will always be things outside my ability to control, but I'd rather think that I have a hand in it than not.

Just my view.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff