Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Infernal Devices
Clockwork Prince

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:05 pm
It's finally here!!!!! xd heart As much as I would love to say I ran out and bought it as soon as my classes we're over today, I sadly did not... crying I have been banned from buying the book because the holidays are so close!!

So, enough of my self-pitying! Who got it/is getting it soon? Or is anyone else in my boat? I want to read it so bad! The teasers have been killer! Okay, please people, breath life back into our guild! Converse!!! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 pm
It's OUT???
D:
Must... get... boook...
First... must read... Clockwork ANGEL... xDDD

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 pm
So I was on vacation for a little over a week and didn't have access to internet. While I was gone I finish CP and am ready to rant about it. (I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum but just in case...SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER!!!!)

Ok, so after reading CA I was 100% Team Jem. Now, after reading CP, I feel a lot more for Will. He's not the complete a*****e he made himself out to be. And the whole thing with Jem and Tessa getting married: Where did that come from?! I mean, it's obvious Jem had always had feelings for Tessa, but Tessa doesn't really start liking Jem like that until towards the middle of CP. It's like she's marrying him just to forget about Will in which case she's a b***h cause Jem deserves better than that for the little time he has left. And Jessamine!!! I knew she was a completely and utter B*TCH!!! Does her getting arrested mean she's not going to be in the third book? PLEASE SAY YES!! I'm tired of her whining...

Anyway, spoiling rant is over and done with. I really liked the book, honestly, it was better than CoFA. So, all you other members! What did you think? Have any agreements or disagreements with what I had to say? Anything to add or subtract? Well then make this guild active again and post what you thought down below!! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
It's OUT???
D:
Must... get... boook...
First... must read... Clockwork ANGEL... xDDD

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what my friend said. I finished CP and she was still reading like ch3 of CA and she was getting frustrated cause i would start yelling at my book about something lol  

netherfreak
Captain

Altern

Gracious Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm
I absolutely loved this book..... it is one of my favorite books that I've read. I love Charlotte and Henry they crack me up sometimes ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 pm
.... I started to read clock work angel. when ,I saw the cover for CP....because Jem is gorgious ^.-  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm
Altern
I absolutely loved this book..... it is one of my favorite books that I've read. I love Charlotte and Henry they crack me up sometimes ^_^

I'm pretty sure CP is my fav Clare book overall. And I LOVED the Charlotte and Henry part. I loved them from the first book too but this one made Charlotte more...vulnerable. Getting to see her break down and Henry sweep in and cheer her up was amazing! Love them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:25 pm
netherfreak

Your siggy quote is making me CRYY. >w<
Becaues I haven't read the Clockwork Prince yet, so all my friends who have read this are all SINGING THIS TO ME AND I'M SO SAD I DON'T HAVVE ALL THE DETAILLSSS.
I love Jem and they're telling me that he should dieee. (Well one of them is.) for what he's done. AND IT'S KILLING ME TO KNOW WHAT HE'S DONE. >O<
*dying slowly*

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
netherfreak

Becaues I haven't read the Clockwork Prince yet, so all my friends who have read this are all SINGING THIS TO ME AND I'M SO SAD I DON'T HAVVE ALL THE DETAILLSSS.
I love Jem and they're telling me that he should dieee. (Well one of them is.) for what he's done. AND IT'S KILLING ME TO KNOW WHAT HE'S DONE. >O<
*dying slowly*

WHAT?! Who said that? I KEEL THEM!! It's nothing bad, he doesn't deserve to die!! (sorry, I'm probably just confusing you further, I'll shut up now)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:08 pm
I have a feeling Jem will die in the third book which will give Will the opening he needs to get with Tessa ...but yeah NO KILL JEM BITCHS  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:08 pm
netherfreak
Azn_Expo_Marker
netherfreak

*dying slowly*

WHAT?! Who said that? I KEEL THEM!! It's nothing bad, he doesn't deserve to die!! (sorry, I'm probably just confusing you further, I'll shut up now)

Good luck on your quest.♥
Wbanner in my siggy--thanks~![/ould you check mine out too? Link is the align]
I'll be put out of my misery tomrrow, my friend is lending me the book!!! ♥

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 pm
i felt the same way at first! but after i read it and learned about wills curse i found myself rooting for him. i kinda hate my own guts now...  

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

ClarinetGoddess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 am
(Sorry for any spoilers)

I really like this book. Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I still love Tessa and Jem together. Jem is amazing. I still really don't like Will, and my personal opinion is that the whole curse thing is just in his head. (It was only his sister, right? It made it sound like she was poisoned, and most demons ARE poisonous, curse or no curse.)
I absolutely love Henry and Charlotte though! They are so cute and funny!

I have really bad feelings about the next book though...I have a feeling all the stuff I like that is going on right now is going to somehow go wonky in the next one...It seems to be Clare's way to make me angry....(Which is probably why I love these books so much, really.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 pm
ClarinetGoddess
(Sorry for any spoilers)

I really like this book. Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, I still love Tessa and Jem together. Jem is amazing. I still really don't like Will, and my personal opinion is that the whole curse thing is just in his head. (It was only his sister, right? It made it sound like she was poisoned, and most demons ARE poisonous, curse or no curse.)
I absolutely love Henry and Charlotte though! They are so cute and funny!

I have really bad feelings about the next book though...I have a feeling all the stuff I like that is going on right now is going to somehow go wonky in the next one...It seems to be Clare's way to make me angry....(Which is probably why I love these books so much, really.)

The curse WAS in his head, that's what made it so sad! He was a little kid though, so I don't really blame him for freaking out.  

netherfreak
Captain

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm
Finally,
Finally,
Finally,
Finally
FINALLY...
I am reading Clockwork Prince.
OMG. Jem! WTF ARE YOU THINKING? >O<
I'm still really in the beginning of the book but I can tell that by the end I'll need to have given Jem a few thwacks up side the head. O.O
Poor Sophie, but I heard that there's someone for her... ><
OMG MUST READDD.

Infernal Devices

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces