Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
i have a sick mouse on my hands i need help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MysticGemstone

Partying Werewolf

9,625 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm
just as it says in the title box, one of my two mice have become sick and I don't understand why or how?

Infomation:
both of my mice came from Petco on October 31, 2011. Their names are Reaper (the black mouse) and Phantom (the white mouse), I clean their cage every week, and when I handle them I wash my hands before and after not to care any type of grem that can harm them. The house temperature normally stays at 71 and max is 73 (only during winter). And no one in my faimly has gotten sick yet.

What I have tried?
I tried warm water with honey, and it seems to be doing nothing that and she doesn't seem to like it.
currently im tring a vicks mist think that clears the noise so you can breath better.

How do I know she's sick and just has wood dust up her noise?
Phantom isn't just sneezing, she shakes and also chatters her teeth. And when I hold her she normally wants to explore me and my room, but all she does is curl up into a ball in my hand or on my shirt.

Does she still eat and drink her water?
yes, the food is a special blend of seeds and other vitamins that I got at Petco (with my starters kit for mice) the water isn't from tap I have a pur water system that fitters the water from dirty and other harmful things.

Please help me if you can.
:'(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:22 pm
hhrrmm... I don't know much about mice, but I know with rats (and this helped my wild caught mouse too) a little like this (___) around piece of dark chocolate can help them breathe for a while, maybe they just have common colds? other than the chocolate thing, a vet is all I can suggest, sorry, I hope they will be ok!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items