Ugh, looks like my cat needs to see the vet again

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:07 am
For his knee.

This year he was operated to his knee, because it 'popped' out, and his muscle -that is over his knee- elongated, causing the knee to pop out.

Last month he was finally allowed to leave the crate, the vet said he needs to build up muscle again, and he was allowed to do everything again. > EVERYTHING. Climbing, running, playing, everything. I asked.

Today, I noticed he had something in his eye, so I wanted to pick him up and look. But he ran away, so I got him by his bottom, like, right above his upper legs. So I let him go, and I saw that same knee popping out. Not often, I only saw it twice, one time I let him go, and one time he was running away.

At least I THINK I saw it popping out.

We finally have an insurance for him, but it doesn't insurance a second knee operation, because he already had a surgery on it. User Image

Ugh. I'm so stupid. emotion_donotwant

Is it possible he has the same problem again?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 am
Funklepuss
For his knee.

This year he was operated to his knee, because it 'popped' out, and his muscle -that is over his knee- elongated, causing the knee to pop out.

Last month he was finally allowed to leave the crate, the vet said he needs to build up muscle again, and he was allowed to do everything again. > EVERYTHING. Climbing, running, playing, everything. I asked.

Today, I noticed he had something in his eye, so I wanted to pick him up and look. But he ran away, so I got him by his bottom, like, right above his upper legs. So I let him go, and I saw that same knee popping out. Not often, I only saw it twice, one time I let him go, and one time he was running away.

We finally have an insurance for him, but it doesn't insurance a second knee operation, because he already had a surgery on it. User Image

It is possible. It also depends on how recent the surgery was. And it depends on the vet. And it depends on his weight. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to this happening to him again.  

ArtemisPhoenix94

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Heckler 50

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:33 am
Moonfang Blackfire
Funklepuss
For his knee.

It is possible. It also depends on how recent the surgery was. And it depends on the vet. And it depends on his weight. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to this happening to him again.

He was operated the 6th of October, he was allowed to leave the crate somewhere early november I remember. And he weights around 4.9kg.

I'm going to see how it is tomorrow. If I still see it happening, I think I'm going to call the vet.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games