Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
When did you start Gaia? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 pm
As the title implies [and since I'm curious]... When did you start playing Gaia?

Me: 2004, when the Admins actually spoke to us, Poll Whoring was the main source of income, the Chatterbox was a hang-out spot, Slots and Fishing were the only games, and we had something called "Avatar Spotlight" instead of the Avatar Arena. F$#%, I'm old.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:57 pm
896 days ago. So, uh...2009, I think.

Admins stopped speaking to us, zOMG! was the easiest effective source of income, Chatterbox was losing its popularity, Pinball and Jigsaw Puzzles were the newest minigames, and there was still the Avatar Spotlight.  

Gresley Toombs

Super Survivor

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:21 am
2003 I believe, can't quite remember. This isn't my first account.

It was back when items weren't so expensive but gold was much harder to get.I usually hanged out in the anime forum and for awhile at the ED forum but left as I got tired of how people where rude to others and couldn't properly debate or hold serious discussions (I don't know about now though, I hardly go there now).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:02 am
I started back in 2009. A friend (and ex-girlfriend) of mine forced me to get an account, and threatened me that she'll tie me up and drag me across the Grand Canyon if I didn't. XD

Well, I'm glad I did, even though it's addicting now. Grrr.

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 am
I just started this May, so I think I've been playing for about 7 months so far. I feel like such a youngling. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 am
I think I started at around this January/February which is about 10/11 months. Not including the fact that I sort of forgot about it at first. :p You're not that much of a youngling~ :')  

Mysteries All Around

5,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Generous 100

Sariou

Greedy Receiver

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:37 am
1929 days since this post so, about 5 or so years ago, I remember when the Zurg Invaded and santa was a cow (thats like kinda recent though i think) I remember when i joined i saw the MC's at the time (flame sword(i think thats what its called) and elemental hair) I remember when Evolving items first came out and how hermes moon was the s**t at the time when it came out. Thats about all i remember i think, i took a hiatus for a year or so :s  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:09 am
I've been on the site since June 2010.
Goddammit I was so lost on here!
gonk

Eventually made my way up the ladder in GCD/AT/AvA. AvA is where I met my other half actually.

Mainly, a friend of mine told me to get an account so he could get a buddy to play zOMG! with. He soon left, but I stayed.

Guess it's worth it.  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:14 am
January 2004. gonk

When fairy wings seemed unobtainable, when we had links to manga and anime on the homepage, when the personals were creepier than the threads in the Chatterbox, and when it listed who was browsing the forum at the top of the page. Before fishing, before the marketplace, and just after the first Christmas event.

>.<  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 am
Taeryyn
When fairy wings seemed unobtainable...

Dude, those were the s**t back then cool  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 am
I've had this account for about 3.5 years.

My original account has been here for about 4.5 years, so I've been on Gaia since 2007.
All I can remember about Gaia back then is that rare items didn't cost nearly as much as people are try to charge for them now. And I'm not even talking about old items that gain more worth with age, I mean new items. It's stupid how people start prices at 100K and up.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 am
1724 days ago, so coming up on 5 years. I don't even remember how I found Gaia, but everything about it just looked adorable so I signed up.

Pretty much everything that everyone has already mentioned about how things were back then. I remember thinking it would take me years of Jigsaw to ever be able to buy ANYTHING. I remember playing the zOMG beta, and then being overjoyed after the official release at all the gold I made selling rings on the marketplace... and then being heartbroken when they realized we were making WAY too much gold and decided to make the rings un-tradeable.

Oooh, I remember when they made it so you couldn't put a title on your Blackjack game so you never knew exactly what you were getting into (it was always nice before then to be able to avoid things like "BDSM Only" and "Cards and Sex"). I didn't do much at all on the forums so most of my friends at the time were people I chatted with playing Blackjack.  

Kara_99

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am
909 days here, so around 2 and one half years. I had an account before this one which was hacked due to my own stupidity. It's alright though.
I was never really a big part of Gaia... I love the manga though, always makes me smile.
Thanks Igtenos for accepting me into the alliance!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:45 am
open fire52
Thanks Igtenos for accepting me into the alliance!

No worries.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

weecest

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm
Since 07. I Know The Actual Date...It Was Christmas Eve...Dont Know What I Was Doing Or Where I Was...But It Happened.

And Yeah, Thats All I Know D;

Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces